1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like the new WR is down to 37.5 :whistle:
    upload_2022-5-19_19-32-38.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, but the difference in grip that you aren't, is the fact of the Live Track 3. When I was part of WMD, the SMS stated that in the time-trial that the grip conditions were low on 50%.
    The difference is given by the fact that in the race the grip improves lap after lap thanks to Live Track 3 and by how many cars run on the track.Thanks to the continuous change of Grip, due to the Live Track, it is necessary to understand that the balance of the vehicle also varies, I am talking about oversteer and understeer and above all braking, all this without considering the variation in tire temperatures which greatly affects grip and balance. as far as I have tested.
    Beyond that, Reiza has done a good job of taking advantage of the Madness Engine, and who knows what it will bring us in the future.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've never understood people who claim TT is optimal track conditions, it seems very clearly to be low grip conditions to me.

4. Ettore

Agree on everything. Just I thought TT was set on max grip not on 50%... In TT is it actually using a fixed rubbering or the track is evolving in TT too?

5. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

what i know is that in the TT and that the wear values are blocked both on tires, engine, brakes. On the other hand, the temperatures of the tires and brakes are different and affect their performance and are not reset with each lap but continue to flow in their operation, while the grip on track at every lap is always the same as far as I know, then I don't know if Reiza has made any variations on this point of view. I took a few laps, to test the TT on AMS2 which I had never tried, and it looks the same as PC2.
    I did some tweaking at the lap time ^_^

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Don't know about engine, because I blew it when sat the radiator opening to 0%, but it's a long time since I did it and it could have changed.

But the tires wear, for sure, is null on TT. Brakes only get heat, but don't know what happens when it get too hot.

7. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

This is true the first lap, in theory is reset itself at the start line, but is not totally true. You can have lap time variation if you do 10 or 20 laps, i dont now why.

The best situation is locked setup for everyone. The tt in not "real" per se.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else getting hyped for USA Pt. 3 after watching the Indy500 buildup?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really depends how well oval racing is executed. If the cars feel off, no super speedways and their setups or the AI sucks, then not really. If things work then yes, I'm very excited.

10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Until the deficit of straight line speed, the weird pack-racing and the massive AI on AI overtake hesitation are fixed, I would rather not publish AI races for Pt. 3.

Also there is the lack of FCY, which many have said to be mandatory for oval racing (I absolutely lack knowledge on oval racing).

11. Dolph

FCY is mandatory if you are a diehard simulation fan. Personally, I am not interested in trundling around behind the pace car for 10 minutes. I have better things to do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im already hyped for racin usa part iv

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Well. For the no list. At this point why not blocked ffb and lock.
    Is not the same thing 0 ffb Vs normal ffb, or cookpit view, is this selective reality?
    I do tt with full ffb and helmet view , you do the same?

14. Ettore

Me too.. :D

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

Yes

16. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Well, there actually already is oval racing of sorts on several of the Brazilian tracks, so it's actually not all brand new, which is a good thing. I've done quite a few single-player races on them and the experiences have been good ones.

One of the bigger problems was fixed with the last update (the slipstream having an unrealistically high impact).

With FCY, what will be interesting is the extent to which the rules for it are user-customizable (e.g. do the pits close until the leader can come in first, do lapped cars get the wave around, how do cars line up in a multi-class race etc.). Also curious how frequency will be determined. I think the mechanics of it aren't that difficult--handling all of the scenarios that sim racing can throw at it starts making it quite complex.

But I think we can be confident that Reiza will do an excellent job with the cars and the tracks.

17. Dolph

I'm also hyped for the bonus that is supposed to arrive :)

18. Dolph

You mean Brazilia and Interlagos outer and Jacaperagua oval + a couple more? I've also done singleplayer and multiplayer with friends on them. I admit they bring a certain interesting variety to the racing and I am grateful they exists. However, those aren't real USA type ovals. I feel the way the racing is in Indycar, the AI really needs to be spot on. It can't be miraculously faster and slower is random sections of the track. Even a few mph parity issue is gonna be big.

Anyone remember the IndyCar wheel to wheel lap after lap racing on Kentucky and the like. That's some next level serious oval racing s***. I'd love for that to come to AMS2. But the AI needs to be really on it to happen.

Look at that:

Last edited: May 22, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
  19. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Totally agree. I think the challenges there are the same ones that affect the game currently--mainly the extent to which the simplified tire model that the AI runs ends up being similar to what the player is on. When those are in line (as with, say, F-Classic-Gen-3), the racing can be quite good. When they aren't (as with CART currently), it can be hit or miss. And obviously they need to get the overtaking issues sorted.

The more subtle things like having multiple lines and having the preferred groove change as a race goes along--will be interesting if that can get simulated.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would agree I have tried the four Brazilian ovals and they have been fantastic racing. I am not that interested in sitting behind a pace car for four or five laps.
    What is in Racing USA IV? I know part 3 is ovals. Gee I hope we get more than 3 ovals - there are still lots of USA tracks I would like to see such as Road Atlanta, Portland etc

• Agree Agree x 2