1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because it is easy to cheat the system, I believe.

One guy once posted here that he sent his AMS2 doc folder to his friend to share setups (I guess) and once his friend loaded up AMS2 he actually got the sender's AMS2 ranking....

I suspect (given I've never tried, so not sure) you can team up with a friend, boot up a ranked server with bots (not sure if even needed) at the lowest level, and just farm up ranking points.

Since there is no official or organized races, the MPRS is as good as having nothing at all.

Besides, if I decided to host a lobby using a high (or even not so high) rank, no one is likely to join. Hell, if I host a lobby with the lowest rank or not ranked at all if I am not very lucky no one joins anyway... even though the track+car combo being popular.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you are the only person in the lobby, not one will join because it's far down on the list. If you have five people in the lobby, it will usually fill pretty quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Havner

Havner Member

Yeah, someone on this forum said they lost their ranking when removed the AMS2 folder or something similar. Seems the ranking is kept completely offline. Which completely defeats the purpose of such a system.

4. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

Is that Albanese in your avatar photo?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No you can't. Tried already. You need to drive close to humans to get points. A MP with AIs only won't give you nothing. By the way, I don't give a heck if there are idiots cheating. They likely won't be part of my league or my lobby and anyway even if they have a very high ranking it will not make it more advantageous for me to have a lower one, quite the opposite.

I was talking about league racing: why not "farming" SR in a league race which is meant to be the cleanest environment. I did not mention raising the minimum rating necessary, just have the ranking active.
    Also, ranking will not mean anything for sure until leagues (who are currently the biggest users of the MP) use it. Until 95% have it inactive the ranking will only be decided by casual lobbies which means the ranking will not be giving a proper picture. It's very simple to see why as soon as you race there beyond quali.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It certainly looks like it. Didn't age well, used to be a good looking rooster.
    Now just a nasally, whiney geek.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we be getting a changelog soon for the last update or will that come out once it rolls into RC? It's around the time where these updates roll out to the main branch so just curious.

8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All of the change logs come when smth is released (or when released into RC status as of late), so there is no reason to expect it to be different this time around.

9. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry meant to post that in the Beta forum. We haven't gotten the changelog for the last update yet.

10. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any cheese left?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see. Today's updated files:

• Modified – Pakfiles/BOOTFLOW.bff (+2.00 KiB)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/HRDFPERSISTENT.bff (+20.00 KiB)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/PHYSICSMENU.bff (+4.00 KiB)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/PHYSICSPERSISTENT.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/PakDirInfo.dat
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Ginetta_G40.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Ginetta_G40_Cup.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Gol_ClassicA.bff (+16 B)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Gol_ClassicB.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Gol_HotCars.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Mini_Cooper.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Mini_CooperS_1965.bff (+16 B)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Pas_ClassicA.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Pas_ClassicB.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Pas_HotCars.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Puma_P052.bff (-32 B)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Super_V8.bff (-420.50 KiB)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Super_V8_Cockpit.bff (+1.60 MiB)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Uno.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/Uno_ClassicB.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/VW_Polo.bff (+16 B)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/VW_Polo_GTS.bff
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/VW_Virtus.bff (+16 B)
    • Modified – Pakfiles/Vehicles/VW_Virtus_GTS.bff

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to the next RC! It's gonna be a good one, it looks like they've done "something" to almost all of the remaining cars (minus karts for now), not sure if we can assume the tires, etc. have all been updated though.

13. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We still need some new stuff though, it's been a quite while outside of the 2022 F1 car and that Airport track. Plus Rezia has 4 major DLC's. 1 more track pack, and 1 more part of racing USA involving a whole new rules package, AI and discipline of racing, in 6 months

14. TronLi

I assume they've been sitting on content for a while...

Once all the existing content has been brought to the latest standard (maybe soon) they can start releasing the cars they were teasing late last year. Also, the historic Nurburgring is probably almost finished, it was just historic Spa that was pushed out to later in the year.

The end of next month will mark two years since the official release. That was around the time Racin' USA Pt.1 came out last year, so maybe we'll get something big this year too?

15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

OT

Yeah the 'Hot Albo' meme.

I'll just leave this here for you.

Dr9IKtjUwAAzbna.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

OMG, that is the poster boy for the geek squad!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well we know for a fact the Nissans are done and were supposed to be out by now, but something has changed and now their being bundled in with a larger car pack.

That's great, but that was also half a year ago. If you happen to be a fan of Group C, but want something between the slow Porsche and bat****e insaine Merc, well I guess you're just SOL until that Nissan pack comes out. Same for every sports car catagory so far.

Reiza said (and has proven with the formula cars) they aren't afraid of giving us some plausible or insipred by real life fictional cars, yet us Sportscar fans are starving. Last content drop we got was the 70's Vette. Give us that GT4 Merc that was hidden away, a Lola T70/T180 knock off, or another 70's GT or touring car, of maybe your take on the new Hypercars, or that 2nd DPI? Give us sportcar fans something, anything to get excited about again. AMS is my favorite sim driving wise, but we NEED more cars so we can fill out these fields a little more.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. TronLi

Do you mean Lola T160 (Can-Am)? Totally agree, that would be awesome in AMS2!

The physics/tires all being at the same level is just the first step, I think Crimson also mentioned this would potentially lead to additional FFB and AI updates being required to fully "polish" the content. Maybe that was required for the oval and safety car AI updates, leading to the recent shift in focus?

Regardless, the formula cars are in a great place content-wise. Sure we could use some 1.5L 60's cars and more junior formulas (both modern and historic) but AMS2 has no equal on that front. I love watching a documentary and taking the cars out for a spin at historic tracks in AMS2. Just finished Architects of F1 - Gordan Murray, incredible story and the BT44 is my favorite 70's F1 car.

So, at some point, they have to turn their attention to sports cars (and touring cars too). I wouldn't expect it to be this year though...(except for the stuff they previewed, those will probably arrive in '22).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

At least the tin top cars work offline most of the time. Us Formula guys have a ton of cars that all feature fundamentally useless AI (you can almost never get exit speed similar to theirs, so you're never going to be even close to overtaking them out of a slipstream, except if they (which also happens often) don't have the same straight line speed as you) and are therefore dead content when it comes to offline racing.

Talk about a frustrating issue: Several others and me have talked about this in the AI report topic since about more than a year without any changes.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like a monster update for next week

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1