1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's just mostly cars that no one cares about and still no new content...

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There was a bigger list the day before and today I see another update for part of the cars on Thursday's list.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I DO care about! :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 13
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No new content is a great thing, as it may mean they are working on stuff that has been in need of working for so long.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely also I guess that they are focussing everything on learning the engine instead of churning out content. Don't get me wrong I love new content but to expand the playerbase I think polishing is the perfect way personally.Dont forget we also have USA PT 3 planned for mid July.

6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We all know it will be a month or two late at this point

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm personally a bit tired of receiving half-baked content without working AI or decent points system in championship mode.

I wouldn't be sad if there wasn't any new content for the remainder of the year.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think people do drive every car in ams2, and they want as good a driving experience as any other car in ams2

• Agree Agree x 15
  9. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please, let us filter out lobbies:
    1. password protected; and
    2. with AI drivers.

Or at least display the server list as it used to be in AMS 1, with <players>[<ai>]/<total> format. If no AI is in the session, then just <players>/<total>.

Finally, ideally the host should be able to kick all the AI out of the session. Usually AI are added because it is rare that people join your lobby. If you are lucky enough and people start joining it, then it is usually desired that the AI is kicked out of the server.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dolph

Its a good point. We have 7 months left until the end of 2022. Within this time frame we should get:

• Brazilian Grand Prix Legends - Pack featuring several World Championship cars won by Brazilian drivers
    • Historical Track Pack - Pack featuring historical variants of tracks featuring in the game
    • Street Supercars - Pack of road-legal Supercars
    • Racin´ USA - Part 3
    • Adrenaline - Pack featuring several off-road & Extreme Motorsports cars and tracks
    • Spa historic + Spa 2022 update
    • Nurburgring historic
    • A major track DLC

Its gonna be a land rush of DLC's coming in. More than 1 major content update per month. ;)

I know Renato's stomach is turning when reading this post. Some clenching of fists is happening and a few drops of sweat appear on the forehead. Perhaps a few choice words are mumbled in Portuguese. :D:D:D

No, I'm cool with the pace. Just waiting for Niels to show up :p

EDIT: just to be clear, I'm loving AMS2. We are driving with friends twice a week online and I am egging them to buy the season pass. One of them will for sure buy this week. For another one I gave the season pass as a birthday present.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    • Like x 4
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Would Reiza consider an option to allow us to DISABLE headlights? I can race 20 cars in the rain in the twilight with full 90fps in VR with all settings High (MSAA Medium), SteamVR SS @130% so long as the cars have NO headlights (ie Stock Car 2019). If I use any series with Headlights.. BOOM , my frame rate sometimes even dips into the 30s.

I would be more than happy to just disable headlights so I can race all cars in these conditions. I don't need headlights for these conditions.

please consider adding this option.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dolph

OK, after all these complaints, I'm checking out night driving with headlights with my 3090 and Reverb G2, to see what hubub is all about - to see what will be the impact with (almost) the best graphics card, but also one of the best head sets. But I recognize, that the new graphics cards are just around the corner. I mean, I'm buying a 4090, come what may.

13. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's probably important for them to release all that stuff this year so they can put together the next season pass, so it's likely we'll indeed be getting loads of new content very soon. However, six of those bullet points could just be cars & tracks so I am confident those will be on-time, considering how much they have released so far.

Racin' USA Pt. 3 is going to be the big one that will require the most work as it is adding new capability to the engine. The Adrenaline pack could go either way, PC2 already did a good job with RX so at a minimum this could just be cars & tracks but knowing Reiza they are probably going to deliver way more than originally expected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ditto, will be upgrading my 3090 to a 4090 if it is true about the 100% uplift in performance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I suspect that what copied across was the 'affinity' statistics, as those are held in the documents folder. Our rating is held online (hence the small 'update' every time we start or end a session), so I don't see how it would be possible for that to transfer, unless maybe it gets confused if we 'loan' the game to another user or something....

16. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

In that case I will gladly take your 3090 as a hand-me down to replace my GTX 1060. :whistle:

:D

On a more serious note, after being forced to upgrade to a UHD screen I noticed how woefully inadequate my old 1060 is when it comes to any resolution beyond 1080p. I'm currently running AMS2 slightly upscaled from 1080p to 2259x1271 using NIS, and while the image looks clean it's nowhere near as amazing as full 4k... but I also prefer having more than 25 FPS. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Of course it’s not true… :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

You mean that's mostly cars that you don't care about. Sorry to break it to you, but it's not all about you. ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've probably driven the Copa Classics more than most people here. I still acknowledge they are far down on the list of exciting and compelling content in AMS2. And the Polo/Virtus are almost universally loathed by the player base. It makes no sense to me to spend time on the umpteenth physics revision for either.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  20. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

So REIZA should only spend time in improving GT3 and F Ultimate Gen2 ?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2