1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Laguna Seca and other tracks where there is not a long straight mask the issues with AI straight line speed and AI not overtaking AI.

I've yet to race AI on 1.3.7, but Laguna Seca is not a good track to check if AI issues are fixed or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wonderful news:D
    Then, I will keep alive my hopes that F-Truck will get some maintenance soon:)
    Keep on going, REIZA

• Like Like x 5
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

They are not fixed, but that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the long standing issue that the AI always got better corner exits than I was able to achieve. This didn't happen at Laguna Seca and it made the racing about 500% better, even with all the other issues.

However the racing is absolutely horrible, because now the dirty air the F V10 Gen2 experiences is worse than anything F1 ever had, it is absolutely impossible to even get closer than a second to the AI, even if you're 2 seconds faster per lap.

No idea why you would do that, this is not even remotely realistic. Passing was hard back then, but we actually saw some very close following.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That was going to be my next comment too, as already mentioned they brought in TC in the early 2000s.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They may have been grooved tyres but still had soft compounds and were wider than the tyres that preceded them.

6. Dicra

Why do you continue to argue? As I wrote:

I thought, because I believed the AMS2 cars website, that it was supposed to be a 2000 car.

7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

TC was in the so called "knock detection" since 1998 (Macca-Merc made it obvious by testing standing start at Suzuka then everyone followed, the rattling sound also could be heard) . At some point FIA allowed it back since it was ridiculous to forbid something everyone already used in disguise.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Apex

Apex Active Member

Nice to see some further TLC for this lovely game. I appreciate that. I reset the setups in some of my fave cars last night and did some testing.

It seems to me the RC has reintroduced some of the diagonal squatting, wobbliness and odd diff behaviour with the F-Retro Gen 1s, mainly the generic cars. It's not as bad as I remember it was when AMS2 was released, but corner exit is rather tricky now, and I'm at least two seconds slower at Silverstone '75.

Power oversteer is more pronounced perhaps and I sense a hint of off-throttle understeer that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. I also noticed my tyres are really cooking after the update, like with the Classics, and I'm beginning to fear the whole tyre revision just doesn't suit my driving style. In comparison I have no such issues with the F-Vintage cars, and they are some of the slidyest cars in the game.

9. Dicra

I made a video on current dirty air effects. It's somewhat long in order to show just how extremely overdone this is. The first part shows me driving in clean air, where I blow the 120 AI out of the water by 2.5 seconds a lap. The second part, starting at 3:00, shows me struggling to overtake a group of three AI cars, being about 30 km/h slower than before in every quick corner, suffering immense understeer and losing said 2.5 seconds per lap.

This is a time gap per lap where you could sometimes overtake even in Monaco in that era, and despite the fact that I have far better straight line speed than the AI, you see me struggling to stay close to them. I don't lose any time due to fighting, I lose ALL of that in the dirty air alone.

This is INSANE, please fix this ASAP. This wouldn't even be realistic downforce loss for 2017 cars, but for this era it's completely out of proportion.

The effect seems to multiply with every additional car that's directly in front of you, as well. So, if there's only one car, it's easier to overtake it than if there are three, like in this video.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

How good's the Camaro SS now?
    It's been a while since I've driven it, so not sure if this patch is what's transformed it. But...
    It's now the muscle car beast I imagined. Not nearly as deadly and you seem to be able to lean on the TC much more now to keep things under control. Yet it's so nice for that unnecessary track day pr0n drifting we all love.
    Of course, everything overheats within a few laps (as it probably would IRL), but it's such a joy while you get there.

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember other players mentioning big improvements already one or two updates ago. Can't recall what was the big change back then.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It might be a bit high, i will not discuss that here, because i'm not sure about that state, but a side note:
    Teams addressed the grip loss due to grooved tires by extreme increases to aero downforce, it takes its toll.

13. Dicra

Same story for FV10 Gen1, completely overblown dirty air effect. I feared something like this when, a few changelogs ago, an increase of the dirty air effect was in the patch notes. However, this even surpasses everything I could have imagined.

14. Dicra

Yeah, it does, but if you watch battles from that era (between cars that weren't 2.5 seconds removed in terms of pace), they could drive far, far closer to each other. For me in AMS2 (offline at least), at about 0.8-1.0 seconds, there's nothing to be done anymore.

Just compare the video above to this:

And it's not "a bit high", it's about several times the effect it should be.

15. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hav'nt had chance to try this build yet but as far as the GT3's go they are now just a walk in the park anywhere you take them even at 120% (and thats in the dry), i've stopped running offline race's with them, they're just so slow!

16. CrimsonEminence

I raced GT3 at Interlagos today and they matched me pretty much here, some cars even being quicker than me... EDIT: checked Spa and yup, there AI has some struggles still, i can see where it comes from, forwarded that.

Please note the track you have tested them on. There are tracks, where AI can be indeed a "walk in the park".

• Like Like x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

It will be looked into (Both V10 generations), it's sufficient to report the issue and move on without getting too passionate about btw.

Mind you, that these cars have now also received other tweaks, that need an adjustment to drafting/dirty air aswell, that's why this isn't the release build yet, but an open beta in form of a release candidate.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Dicra

I try to balance communication based on how big I perceive an issue. This dirty air thing, to me, falls under the realms of being game-breaking, so I use a bit more extreme choice of words, especially when I feel that I haven't been able to communicate its magnitude before.

That is nothing personal and nothing against you and your team, which, all in all, do an excellent job at putting this sim on the next level, especially with these latest phyiscs revisions, but if the dirty air effect is perceived as only "slightly high", then I haven't made my point yet.

Interestingly, the effect feels quite correct with the F-Classic or the F-V12.

EDIT: Still lose about a second in dirty air with the F-Classic Gen3 per lap, but that might be within the realm of what it actually was like.

• Like Like x 1
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-V10 G1 has such drastic dirty air that trying to follow an AI through Raidillon the front goes up in the air and the car almost takes off!

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

Also under review, yes.

Try to just state the issue in one post and on-point. There is no need for extreme choice of words.

• Agree Agree x 7