1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, we've found the issue with F-Retros.

Non-intended change, apologies folks.

It will be sorted!

• Like Like x 23
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 MP not only lack almost every feature "eSports" related (over exaggeration on my part ofc, but still lacks a lot) but it is also much more unreliable than iRacing.

So I see it as the proper choice, even if iRacing is inferior in physics/handling-wise.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it was bizarre, and it shows in how SCB is the least popular car in iracing even though it is new.

4. Apex

Apex Active Member

Cheers! :cool:

5. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

6. Marnus Zwarts

What's up with the onboard engine sounds? Several cars seem to have only turbo whining and no actual engine noises? Off the top of my head: F USA all Gens, GT1 McLaren and Porsche, Gr. C I think, (the Gr. A's are nice and loud!). Is this well known, or just my install that's maybe faulty? I got a whole new PC so I don't know where the problem might lie.

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Check windows audio options for the speaker setup. Choose the appropriate number of speakers. Seems like the usual positional audio thing, when user uses less speakers than configured by windows. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Esports events are often driven by money and the amount of viewers reached. Iracing in that is always going to be a winning proposition no matter how good or bad physics and graphics.
    Good news is that AMS2 still maintains the license to have the SCB in the game for 2022.

• Like Like x 1
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes and if there is a huge crowd buying the game, it will be used for Esports. That's why even simcades like Codies F1- series or Gran Tourismo are featured in E-Sports. Does not say much about the quality of the game.

10. Marnus Zwarts

Tx bud, will try tonight....

11. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I've been heavily distracted by Crusader Kings 3 (seems to be some sort of...dating app and Human Resource department simulator? Weird), but coming back to AMS2...it just feels to tight and connected now. At what point is 'mission accomplished' declared now? Surely it must be very, very close now.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Marnus Zwarts

Tx man, worked a treat!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Whoop, posted this in the wrong thread --

LOVE the new classic F1 cars! V12 is godlike to me and Formula Reiza feels fantastic
    Force feedback feels very good aswell and some feel updated

But the Formula V10s.... Man.... My CSL DD is giving crazy FFB on those cars, constant graining during the whole lap, while driving straight. And super heavy to the left and the right now

It always wants to ''center'' itself but not in a natural way, it just pushes me back to the center and I have to force steering so much in a pendulum style. it doesnt give me much feedback when im slipping and I just visually check whats happening without getting any good counter steer feedback, my arms and biceps also hurt.

So is this intended for the V10s?
    Im using Default+ ingame with use Fanatecs recommended settings ingame & fanalab

All other cars i tried feel good and remain to feel good, this one feels crazy right now and I for the life of me can't feel when I loose grip or whenever I need to counter steer a bit

in General great work around the board Reiza! These cars all have new life to them for sure physics wise

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am using a DD2 and this car is one of the best in the game for fun imo. The graining, I think may be down to the ffb intensity - I am still looking into this. I notice it with some other cars too. I have my damper at 7% in fanalab and the interpolation at 1.
    FFB gain in fanalab is 70%.
    In game is 70%.
    Car specific is 56%.

15. rmagid1010

There are still lots of things to fix like;
    • Broken/ineffectual ABS in many cars
    • Multiplayer 'fail to progress' bug
    • Broken chase cam audio for; Corvette C3, Corvette C3R, 60s Mini, BMW E30 DTM (<- when looking backwards)
    • Factual mistakes in the track filter 'Group by Grade'.
    • Tyre sidewalls don't change colour based on compound in the f-reiza and the f-ultimate gen1
    • F-ultimate gen1 doesn't have the new dashboard layout of the gen2
    • P2P lights are not visible on both the interior and exterior of the brazilian stock cars
    • Yellow/double yellow flags are unreliable.
    • Flag lights/ABS/TCS indicators inside cockpits don't work.
    • ABS/TCS levels don't change on the dashboards of GT cars.
    • Trackside digital flag panels dont work on tracks with them. All FIA grade 1 tracks should have them but many of them in ams2 do not.
    • Trackside marshals do not wave flags. They could be waving yellow, blue and the chequered flag.
    • Trackside marshal high-vis overalls don't reflect light from headlights at night.
    • Rain on windscreen graphics are ugly and need modernising from project cars 2 rain graphics.
    • Rear light does not flash when ERS is harvesting in the formula ultimates.
    • No visual degradation/blistering/graining/flatspotting on tyres, which is important for immersion in single seaters.
    • Update to the version of openvr used.
    • No blue flags shown to drivers on outlaps in qualifying sessions.
    • Weird pit speed limits. The speed limits are car and not track based, which is bizarre.

Not to mention more long-term things like releasing all the upcoming DLC, Nissans/Astons, A proper multiplayer system suitable for stewarded leagues and esports, a career mode, oval racing and rallycross. Yeah there is still a lot to do.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    • Agree x 11
    • Useful x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Clearly the expectations for AMS2 varies wildly from one user to another. I sure would say AMS2 is far from mission accomplished status. My personal expectations aren't really relevant on the big picture though.

I wonder what are/were Reiza's expectations for AMS2. Certainly MP wasn't the main goal, so maybe just some casual single player racing with Brazilian content?

17. rmagid1010

I think Reiza expeced ams2 to be exactly like ams1 but with nicer graphics and physics, but obvs ams2 is becoming quite popular and has reached a greater audience than Reiza was prepared for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah, for sure they bit off more then they can chew, although the latest updates seem to get a lot of cars in the right/better direction, i just dont think they will get all of the season pass content out before the end of the year, if they do, we have a nice couple of months ahead of us

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those actually don't show even in the garage after your stint/run...

20. rmagid1010

I probably sound a bit negative in the above post, but already ams2 is very fun and represents excellent value for money

• Agree Agree x 3