1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

AMS2 is simply very, very far away from the overall poslish, features and functionality that makes ACC such a great title.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Of course it's not true because some people here says so. They know for sure what's the best for all of us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Way to go to deal with constructive criticism. Very good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Marcio Souza Duarte

Marcio Souza Duarte New Member

Hello, when will the connection problem that causes drivers to be disconnected from a match be fixed and also the problem of cars running with the wheel bent to the side, in addition to being shivering as if they were cold, this is horrible to see on the run? These are problems that I already had in Project Cars 2 and that to this day are plaguing those who play on this platform. I love AMS2, but if you want to unseat other franchises, you have to fix those flaws.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Yes.

6. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

Have u updated to the latest driver and if so can u roll back.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  7. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well it is true for GT3 racing. It actually feels like a real car, the weight shift is done very well, the washed out front end, how the cars pitch and roll. Graphically it is very good. Sounds are really nice (but I do prefer AMS2 sounds). FFB is very, very good - possibly the best in terms of detail on the front axel of the car.
    In terms of online, it is one of the best and has been rock solid in this area. Content is a bit short, but what content there is, is done very well. And all physics were modeled with manufacturer data and the AI also run the same physics for offline races. Add to this the ability to save mid race in a long endurance race.

For all of these reasons, I think ACC is the benchmark (in terms of GT3/4 and cups cars - to be specific).
    I also love AMS2 for the choice of cars and tracks. It drives great too. All I am saying is, if AMS2 developers are looking for ideas on some quick wins, they just need to look at a certain GT3 simulator for immediate inspiration.
    If AMS can do, with their Brazilian Stock/Touring car and the P1-P4 cars, what ACC have done with GT3....wow, what a sim we would have. Some decent AI would help, draw in a crowd....this would then fuel the future of online racers.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't know ACC had mid-race saves, that is a cool feature we asked for PCARS back in WMD. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets added to AMS2 unless there is a major technical limitation tied to Live Track (which is why we don't have the ability to move a replay slider like in other titles).

For me, the driver personalities have the potential to create the best offline experience with no competition in sight. Still lots of work to do on that front but it's exciting to see the progress.

I am sure that someday we will be able to download custom season packs from RD or Discord complete with AI abilities/names, skins for cars/drivers, points, qualifying format, etc. That combined with the historic content will be without equal for quite some time...(imo of course).

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ACC is simply very, very far away from the overall amount of diversified content that makes AMS2 such a great title.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is indeed a major complication because of Live Track and the way data are sequentially linked as far as I know.

11. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

About ACC & AMS2, I find GT3 & GT4 cars more fun to drive in ACC and controller support is considerably better in ACC, but AMS2 has more content, imo the track list in AMS2 give it a lot of replay value as opposed to the small track selection in ACC.

13. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

ACC is simply very, very far away from the overall immersion to race a car that makes AMS2 such a great title.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. TronLi

Lots of new titles coming soon too. Luckily AMS2 should be fairly well-polished by the time they arrive. At which point everyone will see that all titles launch with bugs/controversy, regardless of studio size.

15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

To be honest I'd probably be more ACC inclined than AMS2 but AMS2 has one advantage for me: I can get a smooth 60 most of the time in a field bigger than 10 cars on non-low settings without needing FSR settings that hardly impact the performance on my PC that is more than capable enough :(
    Oh well, every sim is different, comparing them all and splitting everyone into little cliques is a little boring to me

• Like Like x 2
  16. TronLi

That's why I enjoy GPLaps videos, as he plays everything featuring vintage content, or at least considered vintage today lol. I'm sure he can't wait for Racin' USA Pt.3!

We will have a good summer of sim racing this year

• Like Like x 1
  17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, the "Tuesday Night Purge" has ruined quite a few good league battles. Disconnects are never fun, but they're especially frustrating half way into a 45-60 minute league race. Even more frustrating if you're 1800-2000 in rating and it dumps you 45-55 points for a disconnect.

With the new influx of Simracing.GP users, I've noticed a lot of complaints about the bugs, lobby issues. The physics is considerably better than it used to be, but the multiplayer features could use some attention.

Mandatory stops on timed races, mandatory tire compound change, easy pit strats, a better fuel usage calculation, fuel usage UI elements, all of these could be good tools.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  18. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

What I like in AMS2 compared to others is the Choice of different categories on cars ans tracks. For once we dont have again and again the same choices.

Are the car have the 100% real Physics ? I dont know I didn't drove most of Them.
    Are they feel real ? For Most of them yes , from my point of view. Cars feel Alive ( sometimes Too Much) and this is what I like, this why the game Isn t too Vanilla, and you have to deal with, which shows your skills to adapt.
    I have raced on my life ( the only track available I did race is Spa) and even a 3 months Brand New tire Will react a different way as a new one from the Factory... So.. what it should be about the slight different feeling from one to an another one ? On my humble opinion it is irrevelant here.

If you take 50 cars with the same setup IRL, you Will have different feeling, and 50 different opinions from Pilots. This is full subjective for most of things... And all pilots lies anyway about their skills

I worked 16 years on Level D full flight simulator industry and I can tell that each very experienced aircraft pilot Will give you, each of them, a different opinion on how the feeling is on the Sim vs the real aircraft, even you have objective gathered aircraft data to back you.

Do I swear sometimes about Physics on this game.. yes, but then I calm down and try to Drive this car with this particular Physics, even I know that some are obviously wrong.

Now, there is some objective issues on AMS2 that can be fixed and this is a value feedback to give on my opinion to improve the good feeling of this game.

Cheers !

• Like Like x 7
  19. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Another night of the shambles that is AMS2 private lobbies and general online MP experience.
    I appreciate they are going through the roster sorting out the handling, but without multiplayer a sim gets pretty stale pretty quickly.
    Please can MP get some love, especially general disconnects, disconnects going from quali to a race, failed rejoins and the farce / gamble of doing a mandatory online pit stop.
    It’s such a shame because this sim could be amazing, instead it’s just endlessly frustrating, tiring and not fun.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
  20. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just recently had some people rage quit an openwheel league due to netcode.

Guy A: Why did you divebomb and smash me?
    Guy B: I was 3 feet away from you and you spun out.

Each persons replay justifies their response.

That is not acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 7