1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Robert Gerke

Please translate your text to english. German isn't really fitting for such a long text on an international platform.

And btw. AI racing still has its place. Keep your gatekeeping out of this place, nobody needs that. You don't decide, whether somebody is a sim racer or not. :)

MP definetly needs a lot of improvements but like already mentioned, this isn't done with a finger snip. The AI development also isn't done by the same department like the MP is, so you don't need to be anxious about AI taking any resources from it.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

The Cayman is quite tail happy, yes. Don't trail brake it too much. Maintenance throttle stabilizes it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Me!
    I'm in Australia and am able to play maybe an hour or 2 late at night intermittently.
    So, online is not suitable for me on multiple fronts.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

use your nativ language and also the kind of writing your argues down feels like you re not able to accept other opinions, minds and livestyles. Cringe german brother

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The MP experience varies wildly. I can't remember the last time I've been disconnected from a lobby and the vast majority of weekly races we do have no major issues whatsoever, yet other people seem to run into them all the time.

I have seen claims that if you do a dedicated server, the first person who enters the lobby basically becomes the host for everyone. So if that person is on potato Internet on the other side of the world, the experience will be wildly different from a lobby hosted by someone with fiber Internet. Until behaviour like this is patched so that the DS gives the host to the person with the best connection, not the one who randomly joins first, at least we should be made aware of how to avoid such problems through official communications from Reiza.

6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You of all people are really the last one entitled to criticize anyone for being close-minded; just a few pages ago someone said something you didn't like and you told them to leave the forum and AMS2.

That said, I think @Robert Gerke made a mistake while using translator software, which is why the text is in German still.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, sorry.... I Hope it's better

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence i think do you know that @Robert Gerke is 100% right with his post. A good single player modus its ok for people who started with eSports but all this gamers who already played other titles they won't only MP modus...so and now and other title is here "RENNSPORT" (still in alpha) but when they put first a good MP modus to work then AMS2 is get lost in the steam library.....i remember in AMS1 so many people saying "no VR, no AMS" and now i am sure this people saying "no MP, no AMS2" so many leagues has disappointed and disappear from AMS or still playing on AMS1. So what this saying to you?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
  9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The same, as SP I can race at any time I like and don't need 'virtual' friends.
    Having a good AI shouldn't be so difficult, many SIMS did it right before (Papyrus/Sierra did it very well). Having a perfect AI, yes that would be nice, but for me, as a virtual hobby racer, that's not the most important as long as the AI doesn't kick you off tack everytime you come closer.

And: AI in AMS2 is good! With potential to get better and perfect, of course;)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha, surely it does.. I had pole in a lobby yesterdaynight. I ruin the launch.. So I am second. Then T1 I forgot the host turned off the ABS/TC or I had the bug. So I lock my wheels hard, but I went nicely in the right gap in the apex, but car front of me decided to swerve and kick me in the grass. So 8th it is. We are in a 6 lap race if I am correct. I forgot. 16 people. I race and I race and I race. I manage to pass a lot of cars cause I am lots faster. Last lap I am second again. Car in front of me decides to swerve a lot. Eventually I manage to make him so nervous he just spins out of control. Boom I won. Such a fun race.

Then next race I had pole in Q, but two others were ahead. I am waiting for the race to start. The two guys dropped out or so. So I had 10 laps of complete boredom, cause nobody challenged me...

11. CrimsonEminence

He is right that MP needs improvements, we are aware of that but it's not solved by a silver bullet and a finger snip, like it was already told 3 times by now. So this discussion is pointless at this point in time! :)

This also doesn't give anyone the right to say that something has the "wrong" fanbase as an overbearing statement or assuming, somebody isn't this or that of a "real" one.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is still this phenomenon by sim racers that all the sims must do the same thing and they can only play one of them.

Each sim has its positives and negatives. Use them appropriately. Yes there are areas for improvement, there will always be.

I have a couple of uninterrupted hours, I'll do some competitive ACC races. I have a short time where I might need to pause or I want to throw a classic car around a classic track, I'll play AMS2.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 8
  13. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Amen brother!

• Like Like x 2
  14. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

What I like racing against real people is they are imperfect ( including me). That make the online races fun and have unexpected event that can change the race issue and make you Win even you aren't the best one or the faster one.... Like IRL.
    AI is cool to train or to not driving on a empty end of the world track but they are predictible.

I do often a single online race session at lunch Time or right after my work and to Honest I didn't suffer about
    deconnection... Maybe 2 or 3 since I Play AMS2 ( around 240h I think). Disclaimer: i ve never played session longer that 1h including P and Q nor league.

Despite I have a decent setup ( CPU at 60% and GPU at 70% with High Graph quality) What I have is lag or massive lag on crash/contact when playing online .. this can impact other players as well as I don't know what s happening during this Time.
    Not sure yet where it comes from. I have sharemem enable but not UDP broadcast ( which flood the local area network and Makes some lag especially on online session). So no motion for online session.

Sry for the Spelling, my phone tend to translate everything on french with the auto correct process.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

So when comes the point you can say to us that MP is good? For me when the game is oficial released they have to come with a good MP and not with excuses or more content that we can not use with our friends or people worldwide.....you are a member of Reiza so tell us how long we have to wait? Oh yes i know your answer"its done when it's done"......

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

The reason the conversation always goes the way of complaining is that people are posting to a discussion forum and there is no reply coming back so the same gets repeated over and over. The developers don't interact and the mods basically just say "we know stop going on about it". With some communication this wouldn't happen.

What do Reiza see as things that could be improved? What could be added/fixed long term and hopefully short-term? Is there to be organised race events?

Now I'm not pestering for an answer but with communication only going one way the only thing you will get is a lot of complaints. It's like living with a lady in a bad mood

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Apex

Apex Active Member

I second that.

When in the mood for vintage tin tops, or something really obscure or antique, good old AC and its plethora of mods is the way to go, though I do think the title really is beginning to show its age wrt visuals.

Raceroom, IMHO, has the best sounds, and decent physics.

AMS2 gives me a solid driving experience, six decades of open-wheelers, loads and loads of great tracks and is pretty to behold.

I even fire up PC2 once in while for some custom grid Mustang vs Camaro over-compensating macho racing or some absurdly dangerous 917 vs 512 action.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Let's face it. At the moment there are no comments about MP because there's nothing to say about it. It's in the backburner, on standby, waiting for a timeslot to be finally and properly looked at, whatever you wanna call it. So without taking a deeper look first they can't comment much on what is and isn't fixable. Hence why the mod stance ends up being "it's done when it's done", because the mods themselves don't know what the devs can or can't do.

This ends up in a redundant cycle as the one we are observing right now, so that's me out of this particular subject.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

IMG_20220603_165710.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, good to know thanks