1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

[QUOT
    I see them using exactly my Fanatec settings, but they find it useless, okay:)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Danielkart

The custom

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

IT! IS! ALL! SUBJECTIVE!

FFB is a matter of personal taste. It is thus impossible to please everybody.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Danielkart

Absolutely correct. But when it gets dangerous with the powers on dd bases, then something is just not right. That should and may be communicated in a thread

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Steve D

Steve D New Member

Personally speaking, I'm indebted and incredibly grateful to @Karsten Hvidberg, @Kuku Maddog, @Stakanov and @Danielkart, (sincere apologies if I've missed anyone who has also made a meaningful contribution), for the considerable work, dedication and effort they've put in to developing custom FFB files for AMS2 and catering for a wide range of wheelbases.

They've not stood still either and collaboration and experimentation has been constant with the odd mis-step and disagreement along the way. But that's simply the nature of progress and trying to improve. I've used and greatly enjoyed files from all of the aforementioned, which have remained in place until something slightly better comes along for me, which is as, @Shriukan says, entirely subjective. I'm currently using the latest one from @Danielkart, which as I said in a previous thread, provides me with an FFB experience that is close to rFactor2's on my SC1 DD and I consider the FFB in that sim to be at a level of quality, which I wish every sim could achieve. (Again subjective)

For me, the quality of FFB is highly influential as to whether I continue to keep a sim on my hard drive, or not. Had I been reliant upon the developers to give that to me then I would have very likely removed AMS2 long before now. That I haven't is entirely down to the dedicated enthusiasts producing custom files for our benefit, and to a really high standard, and as a result, I continue to launch this title, before anything else, on a regular basis. You've therefore brought me a a lot of enjoyment and escapism and that cannot be understated.

So 'hats off' to you all and I really hope that you all recognise that your great work, whether you're done with sharing it with us, or not, has been, and remains, hugely appreciated and that you continue to be motivated to try new things to share with us. And I'm sure I speak for plenty of others when I say that. No doubt your efforts, as we've already seen, will also inspire others to have a go and potentially 'move the game on.' That's completely normal and there's absolutely no downside to that.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  6. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I agree... My g27 has a nice feel too it and without all the rattling too. The files truly are superb (I use Stakanov yaw). Thanks you guys.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. nemesis

nemesis Member

Hi all
    What’s everyone now using for Thrustmaster wheels I still own a TX and I’m after a new ffb file if anyone has any recommendations
    TIA

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyway you can see my sig.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I think it's clear now that I was completely wrong when I said the respect between the guys is obvious. I thought you guys were 'working' together, helping each other out but it seems there's some kind of unhealthy competition going on.

Such a shame to waste the power of a community to learn from each other, and instead get into some arguments.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Manolo

Manolo Member

Yes critical post-man ... your friend is the first and you the second ... support the criticism as you want on the others :D

EDIT: The file on low-end is orrible ... what do you think??? o_O

11. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

I have always swapped between Daniel's file and Stakanov's, Each time one exceeds the other, I don't like the latter of Daniel and therefore I remain with the ATMOS 1.3.3 and for me not problem for a little shake, I hope it is not susceptible to guillotine!!!

I do not judge and I do not enter into the merits but there is no reason to publish a file talking badly about those who use another or who makes other files, I find it tasteless and senseless, the FFB file has nothing to do with it, I'm sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nevermind.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Manolo

Manolo Member

It’s incredible how this constructive criticism depending the user that receive it … genius :D:D:D

14. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know what line I need to adjust to get an even lighter wheel when rear grip is lost?
    I'm using Danielkarts latest. I thought it was rear_grip_loss, but I went to 0.25 and it didn't seem sucessfull. What are the minimum/maximum values?

Thanks for reading

15. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright so as the latest update broke my force feedback feeling specifically for the Formula V10s and a bit of the formula classic (totally borked and completely different then the other cars) with my CSL DD on default+ with recommended fanatec settings ingame and in fanalab... I decided to try one of the custom ones in here and man, it fixed all the sensations to logic for me.

After tweaking and finetuning my ingame settings im finding something i like for now, i only have a little bit too much rumbling sensations over the kerbstones, but downing the FX slider i lose a bit too much road detail.
    Any ideas how I can lessen the kerb rumble just a little bit?

16. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try lowering these lines;
    (kerbs_surface_scale 7.40) I run 5.00
    (rear_kerbs_surface_scale 2.00) I run 1.05
    Also you can smooth them;
    (kerbs_surface_smooth 0.00) I run 0.02
    Good luck, have fun.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you kindly, this worked wonders, i no longer have an extreme fear for Kerbs hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  18. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly!!!! and that is why I test all these files by a mixture of TT and feel. Generally if a file is faster in TT it feels good too and I'm talking about when I'm trying to gain that last 10th to 100th of a second.

19. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Stakanov Hope you can help out with this one. I have a major problem with your Atmos file from 1.3 up. If I use 1.3, 1.3.1, 1.3.2 or 1.3.3, I get a CTD every time I select a Single Race, with the Super V8 and Bathurst. It is only that combination I have found so far that does this. I can use any of your other files, and anyone elses for that matter, but as soon as I try to use any of the 1.3 ones, I get the CTD. This is weird, but I spent many hours today troubleshooting the problem. I have no idea what is going on. Even if I choose Default or Default+, if I have 1.3 and up in the Documents folder, AMS2 will crash. 1.2 is fine. Thank you.

20. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Here is ok, i test Super V8 and Buthurst o_O

Are you update the Fanatec driver with the last version (beta)?? Many user are problem....

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022