1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A little reminder:

I told you guys at (steels) discord already, to not get too obsessed with Steamdb updated file lists.
    I'm also doing it officially here now.

You have no idea, for what reason files get modified, updated, added or removed and it is no hint for any specific change that is inbound. It's just not worth getting upset or hyped about unannounced things, that rely on speculation and interpretation instead of just waiting for the update and the actual changelog.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

There is a discord?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant the discord by @steelreserv actually. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now you mention it, a 1060 would be an improvement on my 1050Ti... :whistle:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The increasing number of cars coupled with the never-ending total physics overhauls has slowed down the development to a crawl. You may not like it being said out loud but it's quite evident. At this rate the last DLC promised for 2021 will arrive sometime around 2024, if ever.

While it's important that the "prestige" content (like the GT3 and F-Ultimates) be up-to-date and driving as well as they can, there's some rarely used cars that could just be sunsetted in terms of further physics updates and then the effort spent in polishing the popular content, finally finishing the dozen cars that have been spoiled but never released, and obviously avoiding introducing more bugs as has happened with many recent updates.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It's not held online, you will lose any progress once you delete AMS2 folder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, I have at least once, maybe twice deleted my AMS (documents) folder since MPRS landed, and my rating was retained. Just to be sure though I have literally just now deleted it twice, once with Steam cloud sync enabled and once with it disabled. My MPRS rating remains intact. When the main menu appeared, it showed U1500 for literally just a second or so before updating to my current rating.

As I recall, Reiza have previously confirmed that the little download we get when starting and ending the game / session is the MP rating, and my experience / tests support that. So if you and others are losing your rating simply by deleting the AMS2 folder then there has to be something different between our set ups.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are correct. Renamed the folder, same thing happened to me.

That's actually great news! Now if the next update would only add an entry on the main menu for a scheduled races service (not just a link, but something like CM does for SRS/WSS/RaceU), then we might be on to something great to MP.

9. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I almost completely disagree with @azaris, but one thing that Reiza MUST be very aware is about content already sold but not delivered. Broken deals broke companies... even if the delivery is just delayed. You, from Reiza, must make your very first priority to deliver all the content from these DLCs, even if in some cases you sold a "surprise pack" (as with the Racing USA DLCs or these vague "Super Cars" and "Extreme").

Personally, I don't care about these delays, but here, in this forum, we are the people that cares a sht about Reiza's own development as a game studio... most of AMS2 buyers may be not soo forgiving, and I have a lot of certainty that you are loosing a considerable quantity of sales because of this. Usually, humans are not a very forgiving kind... reptilians are even less lol

10. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

The Porsches are super fun after last update.

Nevertheless, I think the new michelin hard slicks have too little grip... they feel more like a very good semi-slicks.
    Very easy to block under hard braking even with ABS ON.. it shouldn't happen at high speeds with warm tyres.
    The lateral grip is also low.

No one feels the same?

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yes, felt it was a fair bit more understeery after the last update of the Michelins.
    I drive it differently now.
    It's all very relative as I lean toward the Super V8 a lot lately, and compared to the highly strung manned missile that thing is, the cup was always a tame, gentlemanly affair. Plus you learn to be ultra-cautious with your inputs, or you tend to have very short races.
    So no real issues with locking up on the cup, but a step back in grip levels for sure.

12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We are closely simulating the tires they use now, and the michelin N2s for each of them have smaller front treads than they did before. We felt it was acceptable for a default. They require a more deliberate entry for sure. Brake usage is kind of key. One of the challenges is we don’t want too much turn in, because the same changes can affect the exits. Its a slippery slope.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. steelreserv

For the G3 classics, if you want a bit more front end add a click of front wing. If its a bit too much, you can shave a bit off by raising front ride height.

You can use ride height as a sort of fine tuning between wing settings, depending on when you experience too much US. Low speed, lower the front. High speed, raise the rear. And vice versa with OS. Raise the front for low speed, low the rear for high speed.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

Did you use a harder compound and smaller width?
    Maybe you could try to make the fronts a little bit wider.
    The 3.8 is around 5 seconds slower than it should be at Spa. We could accept a difference of performance in terms of lap time but what is not 100% right is that it doesn't feel like a race tire.

15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It did forget about my progress twice, despite the Steam activity before and after launch. C1574... back to U1500 and now, D1524 back to U1500. You can imagine that I am not fond of this kind of MPRS. I switched to Win 11 lately and it's the same also with PCARS2 now. Used to work as you described under Win 10.
    The ACC MPRS works flawlessly, even after deleting whole game folder.

16. steelreserv

We won’t be changing the widths after such an effort to make them legitimate. The tires are indeed hard, and they do feel that way. IMO the character of the car is emphasized because of it. The car is vastly improved nonetheless. Overall grip is an area that can be discussed internally though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I am so over needing new content at this point. I wouldn't kick any out of bed, but I gots plenty to constantly fine tune my racing and set up skills. I find it to find the time to race so many of the car/track combos in AMS2. I am also, via the last six months of updates, that Renato and company improve over time in bringing us the most accurate race experience on PCs and consoles.
    Back in my Grand Prix Legends I dreamed of a racing sim the could cover decades of racing history fairly accurately. Reiza Studios leads the field in this, top to bottom, with much more yet to come.
    (And I just bought a this generation graphics card at not too much above MSRP!)

• Like Like x 4
  18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

nvm.............

19. Spooky1611

Spooky1611 Member AMS2 Club Member

LOVE the new classic F1 cars! V12 is godlike to me and Formula Reiza feels fantastic
    Force feedback feels very good aswell and some feel updated

But the Formula V10s.... Man.... My CSL DD is giving crazy FFB on those cars, constant graining during the whole lap, while driving straight. And super heavy to the left and the right now

It always wants to ''center'' itself but not in a natural way, it just pushes me back to the center and I have to force steering so much in a pendulum style. it doesnt give me much feedback when im slipping and I just visually check whats happening without getting any good counter steer feedback, my arms and biceps also hurt.

So is this intended for the V10s?
    Im using Default+ ingame with most settings to 0 (as some of those settings would cause that constant graining) And i use Fanatecs recommended fanalab settings

All other cars i tried feel good, this one feels crazy right now.

Great work around the board Reiza! These cars all have new life to them

EDIT: Whoops wrong thread

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to laugh but do you really think nVidia will give 100% over current flagship in a single generation? I mean I'd upgrade also for that but I just cant see them doing that.

• Agree Agree x 1