1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The UK definetely has a fighting chance with track expansions given the amount of content we already have representing the TOCA Tour/general British content (G40s, Minis, GT3/4, Formula Trainer, Porsche Cup, and that's just the modern content)
    Knockhill is pretty high on my wishlist though, also I guess the obligatory touring car requests if the BTCC is nice enough to not give S397/the company that shall not be named 100% exclusivity

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, please. I love all UK tracks.
    Plus add some 80s and 90s touring cars to that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you think too linear and all your assumptions are worth nothing. Reiza didn't release new tracks since 6 months. So all the tracks you mentioned can be in a 99% state, allmost ready to release. Same for cars. Just waiting for license.
    Nobody except Reiza knows how many creators are working in parallel on that content.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  4. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It is called speculation for a reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have spent months developing a collection of tea, biscuits and cakes. My schedule is on track. It's important we do our best to be ready to test Reiza's products when they appear. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

But you evaluated, not speculated.

I'm a pedant, I know.

7. Dicra

Which means assessing. Every assessment has to be based on facts, because otherwise there's nothing to assess, but I in this case of course can't know these fully. This is where the speculation part comes in.

8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here is hoping it is something LMDH related :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-6-6_7-32-22.png

Looks nice :D

• Like Like x 4
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What are you lot actually currently doing in AMS2? TT and just driving around?

Are there any open wheel AI racing combo worth giving a try?

11. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe worth a look sgsfabiano ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. sgsfabiano

Thanks for replying. I've driven all open wheelers and most, if not all, of them are fun to drive in AMS2.

However driving all by myself is not something fun to me, although that is the only thing we can reliably do in AMS2: drive alone. Which goes against my idea of racing.

Like someone once posted on this forum: AMS2 is a great driving simulator, but also a particularly bad racing simulator, at least for open wheelers. :(

Closest thing to a fun open wheel race against AI to me is the F3, but still a bland experience like any AI racing I've ever done in any sim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

By deduction, you're saying there are zero good racing simulators?

14. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Even racing real people online can be a bit of a bore let alone AI. At least AI don’t purposely take you out in a B Class official iRacing race

15. sgsfabiano

Unless I did use english in a wrong way, I can't see how you did come to that conclusion.

What I mean is that AMS2 is neither good to race online nor offline for open wheelers. Both have some serious issues, extensively discussed on many topics through this forum. The handling of the car itself is amazing, the FFB is amazing too, but the "racing" part is missing. Hence why I quoted AMS2 as a great driving simulator, but bad racing simulator.

For example, iRacing is the best online experience one can get for scheduled races. There you will find competition, you will find proper races. Ofc you will run into bad drivers and eventually bad races, but the overall experience is smooth, steady, reliable.

AMS1 was amazing for online leagues, had a blast in the past and thought it to be the best racing simulator one could possibly have.

Regarding AI, indeed I've yet to play a sim where they are fun to race against. They are all too predictable, so you know where you can pass because you know they won't defend. I'm not even talking about dive bombing the AI, I try to race them as I would race human drivers.

Racing vs AI requires a massive amount of roleplaying and keeping a blind eye for big gaps that a real human wouldn't leave, which is really hard because if you no longer go for a gap that exists...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe on purpose, maybe on error, maybe disturbed by a call/cat/mom/girlfriend, maybe a faulty connection, who really knows?

17. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

True but… unfortunately they still ruined a race regardless of why.

18. Dicra

Even if online does work properly, these cars are absolutely useless. You can only have fun battles against people that are a second slower than you, because overtaking is absolutely impossible. Dirty air makes sure you lose 2-3 tenths in every quick corner and then the straight graciously gifts you back 1,5 tenths.

There should be an option to turn that off, because as of now, these cars are by default only good for time trial.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wasn't that fixed in the last update?

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, effect on pace by dirty air has been significantly reduced for some cars, because it was evidently too much.