1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.7.1 Officially Released!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 29, 2022.

1. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can see problems for the AI there!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What come will come. First revisted tyres, then the FFB. Patience! Its all for the greater good! Since patch 1.30 was introduced Reiza's eyes were opened about some stuff under the hood. They're doing great things and when patch 1.4 comes eventually we all be fricking happy with the new tyres and FFB, and anything else along the way. Its just a whim away, whim away, whim away, whim away, whim away, whim away. In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight....

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

to think about:
    Not only me swapped from AC+CSP+SOL to AMS2 because of all the bugs and unpredictable game-changes in AC+CSP+SOL with new versions. But ....

..... it s creeping to my mind that AMS2 began to follow this very annoying "never-ever-finish" game-procedure. Car handling changes from update to update; historic bugs won t be clean e.g. (TC ABS random on/off, heavy FPS drop when lights are on, AA with 1080p is much ugly) and new content is shouted out but nothing happens and, and, and. So DEVs its a very speeded world we re living in can you follow?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thanks but it doesn't work to me...BMW GT4 is more difficult than SuperV8...All is ok with this GT4?

6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Hmm, can you please remind me of any finished sim racing titles out there? I must have missed them….

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS 1.
    RBR
    :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the AC/CSP/SOL part, 100%

Lost me on the second paragraph.
    "Never-ever-finished" is hardly a procedure, rather a fact of life we have to deal with.
    Pcars2 was finished at some point, because the devs said so, and moved on. Can we agree it was hardly finished there?
    Everybody wants to see the game's full potential realized, but to say because it needs work, the glass is always half-empty, I think is the wrong way to go about it.
    I somewhat agree content should not be teased only to eventually arrive 18 months or so later.
    I game at resolution above 1080p, but I agree the AA leaves something to be desired... Certain Reshade effects can somewhat mitigate the rough edges of some aliasing, in some instances if you haven't tried.
    I use it everywhere, ETS2, all my sims.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza could have just said to hell with it and to us and left the game as is. They already collected their money from those that already purchased the game but instead they are working to make it better with monthly updates. They are under no obligation to update anything. I would prefer this than to a game that is "finished".

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. GearNazi

I believe Crimson said at one point it was modelled as accurately as possible.
    That being said it does, and always has had a weird feel to me. Strange squatting and rotating under power, just a very weird ride.
    I like the Macca and Cayman in that class, especially since the new tires and stuff.
    I said once before that one day they'll discover something amiss with the M4, some grave fundamental error that slipped past, and it will be brilliant after that.
    Let's hope.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. GearNazi

F1GP by Microprose.... But they never sorted the VR implementation, stating "current hardware limitations" can you imagine? What a cop out?! Pfffff....
    I feel robbed! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

How dare you to conceal Papyrus "Grand Prix Legends".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think what we're getting at here is something that rings true across the entire industry these days: nobody releases a finished game on day 1 now!

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. GearNazi

Certain companies have this down to an art, to the point where we have to suspect they do it on purpose... And that's with budgets as big as the GDP of a small country.
    Looking at you Ubisoft!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

A racing sim without updates is the same thing as football without ball, airplane without wings, Tweety without Sylvester, dating without kissing, Buchecha without Claudinho, circus without clown or Romeo without Juliet... it's a fking sad song!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I will say, that sounds a lot like what the Iracing car does when you start fiddling with the traction control settings that the car has built in. Its feels very odd when you get a setting that conflicts with the car setup and it can go from a rock stable car to wayward and odd with the flip of a switch.

I think, the traction control system is able to move the brake pressures and around to whichever wheel makes the most sense in that situation like a 4 wheel drive car can, and it uses that to keep the car balanced and maximize turn in. So with all stuff on and working, it turns in very well, and drives very naturally. But then you turn that system off, and suddenly it drives like a old muscle car, plowing hard into the turns, taking a set and them powering off. If you don't have the car set up for such a driving style, it becomes very awkward indeed.

Next time I fire up AMS 2 I'll jump in and give it a shot.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

I hope this isn t your job attitude. „Sorry captain my project will be finished sometimes - maybe“ ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No project ever is completed. There's always space for improvement and further upgrades.

You can get it to a satisfactory standards, or even good standards, but it's like with laptimes - there's always time to shave...

Some developers tend to aim for slow laptimes as their goal to move on, some crash on the outlap (cough, NASCAR, cough) and some are driving to find the perfection but never get there as you can always do better.

So, you're telling Reiza to stop setting faster laps now? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Your writing isn t untrue:D
    but the World spinning around in a very fast rotary motion and some software DEVs can t follow. The result will be to turn away.

20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its the ‘Games as a service’ thing, which exists now as physical box sales of games is no longer a thing. Devs can sell games earlier in the dev cycle, raise cash flow and fix the game later, rather than completing a game prior to launch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1