1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Look on the track surface, there are white lines crossing in braking zones.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems Merc Gt3 is finallly worthy on Bathrurst. :eek: Or the skillleve in the lobby is a bit low

3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Omega 1999 feels really weird. I don't know whether it's the car in general, but while it is easily controllable, it wants to slide absolutely all the time, feels very pointy under corrections, and is just generally unpleasant to drive. Feels a little like the Formula Vee in that way, but for the Vee, you expect that pointy behaviour.

The Opala 1986 is actually similar in terms of pointy feeling under corrections, but far more gradual in its slides; this I still consider pleasant to drive.

Apart from that, Group A, Formula Rookie and the Procar are the absolute standouts of this release, simply astonishing driving. F3 is fine too and should provide great racing from now on, especially with that heavily improved default. Sprint Race is excellent as well.

Not sure about the Retro Gen3 (drove the McLaren), that car seems to slide a bit too much out of very low speed corners, like the ones you find in Buenos Aires Circuito No. 6, similar to how the modern Stock Cars used to do when the tire changes were introduced.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

If you had my eyes and glasses...:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ever since the Formula USA got the tyre model update (build 1.3.7.1,), driving Watkins Glen Grand Prix course with Formula USA Gen 3 and default setups ( I deleted setups folder) a couple of the corners have become really treacherous:
    - the right hander "Outer Loop" at the end of the back straight and
    - the left hander that is the second to last corner

You can't push anymore in those corners, instead you have to keep the car really stable (throttle, steering), handling with finger tips, otherwise you are guaranteed to hit the wall. The rear just steps out. Its kind of fine if you have 10 minutes to get a qualy lap in, but driving this for 12 laps in a row at any respectable speed means you are guaranteed to hit the wall at one point. Is this an intended consequence? It just seems off and definitely opposite of what it used to be. It used to be that I would throw the car into the corner and manage it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  6. CrimsonEminence

Increase rear wing/decrease front wing, increase front ride height. Front wings on these cars produce not unsignificant loads of ground effect, you potentially get a nosey car in some ride height variations/situations.

One corner is a quick downhill righthander and the other one a corner that doesn't look as tight as it actually is due to the relatively tight track and a big kerb runoff. You approach them with significant speed, so yes it's not unlikely your car isn't liking too much push there.

You can counteract by setup and changing wings balance is a basic thing, needed for various tracks and open wheelers, there is no one size fits all.

Expect still some loose screws in RC to receive looks, no promises, but who knows what can be found.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I know this may have been a joke, but personally, I would find this very handy indeed. Thanks for a great update too btw :)

8. Dolph

Thanks for the reply :)

9. CrimsonEminence

Done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's what she said

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

Nice, thanks for Buenos Aires (Galvez), Córdoba (my local track, el Cabalén) and Termas de Río Hondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other variants of "Córdoba" will be included in further updates?
    BTW, the Cabalen is more near to Alta Gracia than Córdoba, near to the "Fortaleza" of Oreste Berta. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dolph

13. MrShroom

MrShroom New Member

• Added shared engine lifetime simulation for player and AI vehicles
    Can someone clue me in on what this means?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

From what I can assume it means that the engine lasts as long for the AIs as it does for you, meaning no unfair advantage where you can be guaranteed to blow an engine mid-race while they don't or something
    Could be wrong, that's just what I inferred :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find the same happens with my times in single player mode

16. Dolph

Oh my god, I've got it now, CrimsonEminence!!!

The Formula USA Gen 3 is also prone to snap violently sideways at Road America at the Kink (turn 11) with the default setup after the tyre model update (build 1.3.7.1,). It didn't do it before - well, certainly not 2 months before.

What connects all these three corners!? They are very high speed! This for sure can't be right. It can be a really violent snap. The front wing must be producing too much ground effect. RIGHT!? Woahh... did I just contribute!? :p

...or there is some center of pressure problem. Smth is definitely Ffed up with the FUSA

FYI: I've only driven Gen3 in the last month, I haven't tried Gen 1 or Gen 2.

P.S. I've never heard of front wings producing ground effect. But it makes sense once you said it.

[​IMG]

17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

If you will launch an Argentine Pack, please give us a VW Scirocco, that Argentina had, but Brazil won't and this gives me um puta inveja.

Abração!

18. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

WOW, so far, so good on everything. For the Cordoba track, FYI there are no braking markers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else experiencing huge FPS loss after the update? I was running max or ultra on basically everything prior to the release candidate and now I can barely get 40 FPS. Running M1 pro car around Red Bull Ring.

Update: Set all graphics setting to low and still had 40 FPS with extreme lag almost as if everything was moving in slow motion.

Reverted to 1.3.7.1 with same car and track combo and bumped setting back to ultra and FPS at 90+ and all lag gone...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't noticed any change to performance. You can always switch from RC back to standard install to compare.