1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They themselves think that they are located in the UK.

Circuit Info: Donington Park is the oldest motorsport circuit in the UK still in operation.

Donington Park - Circuit Information

• Like Like x 3
  2. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

After doing some testing earlier today I am inclined to believe I saw something similar. At first it appeared as if I was getting between 10 and 25 FPS less than normal just when doing some solo practice. And that's from the cockpit, trackside replay cams are way worse. (Running at 2259x1271, usually getting around 60 FPS while driving solo in typical daylight conditions.)

But I wasn't sure if it was something else, so after eliminating possible effects from unnecessary software running in the background (i.e. browser) I got better FPS... Yet I was still getting significant microstuttering. And that wasn't just on the new tracks - which I assume aren't fully optimized yet - but also on my go-to test track Brands Hatch GP. Which is very, very odd to say the least.

Either way, I'll have to do more testing to be sure it's not just my computer acting up.

3. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Impressive changelog. But Multiplayer section missing as usual. MP development seems to be completely ignored which is in my opinion quite a shame. Very underdeveloped aspect of this sim.

• Agree Agree x 12
  4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What if it was the other way round? AMS 2 had iRacing's MP-system, but the physics and all that were average? :rolleyes: Think about it. You need a good foundation to build on, and then develop all the other stuff.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes this is exactly what I was experiencing. Have you tried the previous build to see if it is the same or just with the RC. Mine does seem better after updating drivers but imo there was definitely a change in something with the RC build.

6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So how long until we get a fictional track made in the tunnels of Cleveland

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am out of home at the moment, so no chance to test drive.
    Which layouts are available for the tracks Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Termas Rio Rondo?

8. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My point is that of consistency. Make all the the English tracks English or British, but not some in both categories

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cordoba - just one at the moment

Termas Rio Rondo - one

Buenos Aires - many:

6 (the 1995-1998 F1 GP was hosted on this config):
    [​IMG]

7:
    [​IMG]

8:
    [​IMG]

9 (the 1972-1973 F1 GP was hosted on this config):
    [​IMG]

12:
    [​IMG]

15 (the 1974-1975, 1977-1981 F1 GP was hosted on this config):
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 6
  10. XTRMNTR2K

Haven't tried the previous build yet, but I discovered something interesting:

When I first noticed the issue I had a hunch it might be related, somehow, to the FFB. Guess what happened when I was using a gamepad just now? Almost a consistent, buttery smooth 60 FPS (test run using the M1 Procar on Brands Hatch, default date, once light clouds @2 PM, and one more time with medium clouds @8 PM with 60x time acceleration). The only notable exception is sector two of the track, which has several areas in which I get sudden frame drops to ~55 FPS, also with noticeable microstuttering.

That being said, this still felt way, way better and smoother than what I was getting earlier when I was using my wheel.

However, before I jump to any more conclusions I need to do more testing; since I usually have SimDash, SIM Dashboard, TrackIR and CrewChief running in the background I need to confirm if they also have a performance impact and how much of an impact that is.

EDIT: Just gave it another try, this time with all of the above running in the background. They do seem to have a very small impact on my FPS, but nowhere near what I was experiencing when I had my G25 connected.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe for Cordobo will follow one more or an historic (design) for Buenos Aires No 15, would be nice

12. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Minor detail: It may be called Circuito No. 6 in AMS2, but it's really Circuito No. 6-S (with the Senna-S), which is the 1995-1998 F1 GP layout

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

12 is my favourite :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bo Stamper

Bo Stamper Member

100% agreed, but I wouldn't count on anything happening to MP anytime soon. Early on, Reiza was inundated with requests to fix the AI, so it may appear to Reiza that AMS2 is primarily a single player sim. Why they didn't just spruce up the PC2 MP and release it with AMS2, I have no idea. Simracing.gp seemed confident enough in it to offer it, but there are still bugs, not the least of which the netcode, which worsens with faster cars. I would love to put it back in the mix of sims for my league, but it's just not league-ready at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Running with the default, hardcoded Reiza AI (i.e., no custom AI file installed on my end), I noticed both my AMS2 name (John Ellis) and my Steam name (Herendil) listed on the same timesheet before starting a BMW M1 Procar race (see attached pics). Never seen that issue before today.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Something I've noticed with the updated Gen 3s is: is there supposed to be a major handling deficit between the MP4/1 and the generic car? The McLaren handles blissfully, almost driving like a Formula Classic or something in terms of the bitey turn in and corner momentum, while the generic one (both turbo and DFY) just has endless amounts of understeer, requiring you to take turns at what feels like sometimes half the speed you can take them with the McLaren in (probably an exaggeration, I haven't actually measured the cornering speeds)
    All cars tested on Brands GP, default setup, dry conditions and the difference between the two was so immense I felt like I had to bring it up

Also the longstanding problem with the Stock2020-22 Corolla having taillights that go in despite the rear not crumbling along with it, resulting in a transparent hole hasn't been fixed yet (I've been meaning to report this for a long time but never actually did)

upload_2022-6-29_22-37-23.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I'll test the ncalc function tomorrow and pass it along to you :p

18. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Do you run reshade as well and do you run a custom FFB?

I don't know but something strange is going on. Just booted it back up and now I am holding 144 FPS and it is running better than it has ever before but a couple of hours ago it "clipping" and lagging and I was literally driving in slow motion.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  19. XTRMNTR2K

No custom FFB - just using the old default - but I do have Reshade enabled. Checking how much frames I was losing due to Reshade was actually the first thing I did, but I reduced my effects so that only a modified Curve setting and a single color tweak are active, which reduce FPS by a maximum of 1-2.

And I was actually thinking along the lines of what you noticed - that after closing and starting the game again performance might be worlds apart for some reason. So maybe it isn't the wheel/FFB connection after all.

20. Bruno De Aguiar

Bruno De Aguiar New Member

Nice job as always. Nevertheless we really need Reiza start polishing the game. Cars shaking in the transmissions, fix issues when you select one tyre and then when click drive it is not using the selected one, lack of replay, DRS which is not visible for anothers. Physics has improved a lot, tyres as well, but to go one step ahead, still need some polishing.

• Agree Agree x 5