1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But man, we still have half a year left in 2022 which could be BIG already!
    For me the glass…ehhhmmm…year is half full and not half empty!
    :D;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

My guess would be Curitiba, the S-corners before the final turn.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exciting times. AMS2 is becoming the game I always wanted to play. Thanks Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

5. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Loving what im hearing, v impressed with alot of the A.I. improvements and even more impressed that a sim dev company is tayloring them to different types of car class, must be a monumental task! Very important though, you just would'nt race an F1 car in the manner you would race an old stock banger! Brilliant stuff!

On the damage side of things, AMS2 has some of the best damage modelling in sim racing! Only thing missing now really is damge from below! In so many sims sausage kerbs just mean nothing! IRL you'd avoid them like the plague! Hit one of these at high speed in a car with delicate suspension (like an open wheeler) at speed and it would most likely collapse your suspesion and end your race, damage undertrays. Would love to see this feature included, would make a massive difference to T1 at Monza! For a pretty extreme example of what can happen there is always this inccident:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Do any sims (with the exception of iRacing and I guess BeamNG) even simulate floor damage? Genuinely can't think of one besides the two mentioned, so having it in AMS2 would be neat

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

One should be careful with that can of worms though. Do it wrong, and everyone will just turn off damage because of annoyingly sensitive floor models. I think less is more in that case, if you want to include it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes Raceroom has it, i was so impressed I nearly fell out of my rig! Skip to 3:02:06 in the stream for example of when it happened.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Lots of good stuff in there in terms of content and physics improvements.

But how about improved controller support?
    I've had AMS2 for 1 year and during this time there have not been a single improvement to controller support, it's mostly the same issues that PCars2 had (built-in controller filters that cannot be turned off and cause input lag, in-game wheel never moves as fast or as far as I want, controller vibration is almost non-existent). All those issues are present both when setting controller as controller and when setting controller as custom wheel.
    Is Reiza ever going to include the option to completely disable all controller filters and dampers that cause input lag and mess up steering, include option to enable raw input and fine tune from there like in AMS1? Are there plans to include options to make controller as precise and responsive as in AMS1? Are there plans to fix controller vibration so that it's as good as in AMS1 where I could feel curbs and tell when the car was about to lose grip?
    Is there anything we controller users can help it? Like providing controller setups we use in AMS2 & AMS1, provide videos of us playing with controller, etc? Or are posts about controller support continue to get ignored?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The F1 games do it :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Barely, from what I've seen though :(

Yeah, you have a point there, it'd just be a nice touch of realism for the more masochistic-I mean immersion focused

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This all sounds epic, some grounbreaking stuff there that no other sim has done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm assuming that this statement only is about having revised the dry tire compounds, not rain tires and intermediates? They will likely be revised a bit later than July?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Renato and the Reiza Team for your amazing efforts!
    "Where ambition meets realization"

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

If what happened in that video happened in AMS2, it would be ridiculed for not having realistic physics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

"We already have some good progress in the upcoming V1.3.8, and for V1.4 we are going even further - this in turn will openup the game for more features that rely on great AI to work, from single player championships, option for Multiplayer championships, and eventually a comprehensive career mode that will tie the whole game into a cohesive whole further down the line."

@CrimsonEminence and others, do you know what thes Phrase exactly means?
    Does it mean, that eventually with 1.4 there will be a career mode included, or does it mean some unspecific time after 1.4?

18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its annoying though when you inexplicably get damage

19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still a long time, i think all the dlc needs to be released first

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The Dev Update mostly covers stuff we are working on that cycle or plan to be working on the next one, there are many things that are on the wishlist of both users and our own that can´t be possibly covered within a dev update, not least because the amount of things that can be worked on at any given cycle is finite :) Further improvements to controller support is still very much in the cards if not in the immediate agenda.

A few intermediate and wet share carcasses with slicks and thus have already been partially revised, but yes by and large they´re also still on the list to be completed along with kart, truck, all-weather radials, all-weather bias ply and slick bias ply tires.

No - career mode is a very long term project which needs everything to be in place for the concept to work, including more advanced AI. It won´t happen before late 2023.

• Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2