1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I think a lot of people will be disappointed if we get an oval DLC without Indianapolis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'm not an oval kind of guy but this is like my wife saying and I quote

"all cars drive the same, well they all have wheels and engines so they must drive the same, don't they?"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In fact, that's the reason they make them different so that they would drive the same.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think they can though because of the MSG licence, especually if they add a Formula USA Modern Gen.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Undertray damage in iRacing is horrible. Happens even with normal kerb riding like the Ford Chicane at Le Mans. It could be cool, but needs very cautious calibration

6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When are pit stops going to be balanced to work properly? I don't understand why the AI can consistantly pit faster than me unless I force a refuel with accelerated fuel burn. I've been racing the Super V8, takes a AI car 15-16 seconds, from the moment they turn into their box to the moment they rejoin the pitlane. Yet it takes me 16-17 to put a set of tires on alone, that's not including pulling into or out of the box. The whole stop ends up being closer to 20 seconds.

Also and maybe for a future update, I would like a tool that could choose varous things about when and how I mandate a pitstop. Like right now, with a mandatory stop required we can pit anytime between lap 1 and the final lap. I want to narrow that down to say laps 4-6 of a 10 lap race.
    I would like to be able to add a manditiory stop timer too, so all pit stop have to take 30 seconds or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you have allways the option to crash and then get a repair time of 20 minutes ;)
    time enough for pee, coffee or whatever :whistle:

8. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

. This is very Nice feature !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Until them, you will have plenty of time to do some longplays on Dirt to Daytona career mode (with 100% AI and Race Length) and be inspired to deliver an AMS2's CM more like DtD and less like Gran Turismo, Forza and PCARS.

Abração!

10. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wind speeds also make a huge impact on oval racing, check out this year's Indy 500, that was a major player.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well Kunos just released a road version of Indy for ACC, or is it different licensing for the oval?

12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, just people spreading Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Sorry, you're completely correct - edited to say 'tracks', which is what I meant but wasn't clear about!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Michael Sica

Michael Sica New Member

I’m looking forward to all these great updates!

If I could make a suggestion it would be to focus your next efforts on simracing.gp support. I’ve tried forming an AMS2 league inside a larger, established ACC league with ~200 active drivers. We had a good sign up list and turn out in our first race, but with the simracing.gp literally breaking interest has dwindled. To really grow AMS2, without building your own LFM/iRacing service, I think you need support from a service like simracing.gp.

Thanks for the great game and good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Really enjoying the AI developments, so I'm looking forward to finding out what you have been up to in this area - thanks for creating 'consistent' driver files for each class and for adding some personality to them, I look forward to finding some new rivals amongst the vintage classes.

The Argentine tracks are a lovely surprise addition, and I really appreciate the transparency with the licence issues with the other bits of content. Excellent approach to let us use the tracks in the meantime, I really look forward to trying TDRH and fingers crossed a 70s and 2000s version of Buenos Aires sneak into a Historic Track Pack in future.

And thanks very much for addressing the content question, probably the biggest elephant in the room - I wasn't expecting the oval content so soon and, even though it's not normally my cup of tea, I'm looking forward to find out what it comes with and hopefully hearing news about vintage and modern GTs/TCs in the coming months.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

If you guys already have a server of your own you should give a go at JustRace.net (totally FREE and we support ALL the major sims ACC included) or take part/sign to events there if you wanna meet some AMS2 lovers.

We at AMSUnofficial are also open to collabs so give a shout if interested, we are going to launch a bigger event involving communities.

Here the link: JustRace.net | Simplified Event Management for Communities | 100% Free | No Ads

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the subject of damage, can we have a greater visual damage for formula cars? I feel like the % damage for the front wing to visually fall off or something is too low, we often see in real motorsport front wings coming off from light touches.

I have a feeing that the amount of visual damage for tintops and formula cars is the same, when it ought to be different.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also, suspension damage outside of losing a wheel isn't a thing visually. I can definitely feel that a wheel is broken and pointing in a weird direction, but the car model looks completely normal (sans wings... :p).

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Totally agree with you about Potrero de Los Funes. An amazing track that deserve to be in AMS2. @Renato Simioni

Edit : an amazing update, i am very impressed, thanks Reiza

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some of the excellent damage modelling that Renato mentions in the Update is going to waste because players don't realise that the Damage setting goes to 200%. I would ask Reiza to add an explanatory note to the UI or, better still, scale the setting so that 100% = maximum damage.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1