1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Must say the F-Trainer Advanced and the F-Vee are quite good fun, especially around Guapore. The F-Vee handles so differently from the one in AMS1, which in turn handles completely differently to the one in rf2, I wonder which is the most representative of the real thing. Either way, its good fun.

I see a bit of praise for the BMW M1 ProCar. I find it rather tame tbh and nothing like the pure beast it was represented to be in previous sims/mods where it was all about carefully considered throttle control out of corners and carefully managed braking into them. No idea what the true one handles like of course, but it lacks personality in AMS2 if you ask me and could be any one of loads of generic handling cars.

Love the German Group-As at Cordoba.

I was racing the Sprint Cars at Jerez in summer at 19:00 in VR. I like racing in dappled sunlight with the god rays breaking through the shadows. Sun was low to start with but when I got to lap 8.. BOOM, I suddenly got stutters. Now I was always of the theory that headlights caused this issue and the moment they come on.. frame rate dives, but the sprint cars have no headlights so now I am not so sure what causes this sudden massive frame rate drop off in VR as the sun sets. It doesn't seem gradual either.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Cordoba number 4 in the Stock car 2022 is just so great. Love the struggle around the fast sweepers then the battling through the tight left rights, right lefts. This track and layouts are very nice additions.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

The inner section is quite technical. If you make bad the second corner to the left you lose time in the entire section until the last corner.
    Now we need the Sandero RS with some mods like my track toy. It's incredible how accurate the track is, it would be nice to have that car for training.:p:p:p

And again, this little details, they seem irrelevant but they are the ones you see when you are on the track and that in this digital version they also took it into account, what an amazing job.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's shadows. Headlights are not the only culprit. I've always noticed dusk/dawn has a bigger hit to performance than night. It does seem to fall off a cliff - don't know if it's a particular angle for the sun that kicks off some extra graphics processing - but I agree, it's not gradual. Still, got plenty of extra headroom from OpenComposite / OpenXR Toolkit and it's been a while since I've encountered an unpleasant or unplayable hit to fps.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Which mod is this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

super v8 are sensational

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, would also like to tame the BMW M1 but it’s already tame… :D
    Also suffer from massive FPS drops in VR when headlights of opponents are ON AND the opponents are behind me. So night race is no problem even with headlights ON as long as I follow the pack on last position. As soon as I overtake opponents the framerate drops massively even if I would turn mirrors off (which I wouldn’t want to do anyway :D ).
    And then there’s the special time when the sun is low. Maybe the incoming (almost horizontal) godrays can be compared with the incoming (horizontal) light rays from the headlights. This and the ultra long shadows (and self shadowing) and reflections as a consequence of the rays…
    I hope that Reiza can find a way to cure this extreme performance problem. Maybe there’s a trick where you can save performance by not calculating things you don’t even see. Or a graphics option where such performance killers can be automatically turned off or lowered (adaptive) even if you will see the effect and it affects graphics quality but hey, it would be an option and I would rather accept some temporary lower graphics instead of sudden nauseating framerate drops (or unplayable slide shows). Those who don’t want it shouldn’t use this option then…
    It’s a pity that I can’t play AMS2 at night/rain/sunrise/sunset in VR (which is the only way I play it :D).
    Reiza please help us here!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Release Candidate did not automatically switch to main build in Steam. Not likely to be a big issue as switching between None and Release Candidates keeps the same version.

9. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

With this release I noticed a leap forward in terms of handling. Feels more natural now and closer in feeling to AMS1. The bouncing is almost completely disappeared.
    I would like to see some more liftoff oversteer on some cars and I think some manual cars feel too forgiving on downshifting. I still find it hard to lockup tyres on cars with no abs. Out of track behaviour is spot on now.
    Keep up the good work.

10. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Reduce clutches and/or increase preload. Those cars have always benefitted from time spent on the differential page in the setup screen. I know I've changed some of the gear ratios too.

11. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

What I feel with the F3 is also excessive FFB effects, very reactive and snappy. Also with GT1 cars. Now, Porsche Cup, Procar, etc., are fine for me, but F3 or GT1 I think something could be wrong. But good job, Reiza.

12. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Thx mate.
    I have already tried to do this but the behavior of the car has remained very similar.
    When exiting the curve, the rear slides as if it had a thousand horsepower engine.
    The feeling is that the wheels are not up to temperature, while they are.
    I am always afraid that the mistake could be mine, so I asked here if anyone had the same feeling
    Edit:
    Please note I'm talking about the dallara f301
    The dallara f309 suffers less from these problems

:) :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Get in line, mate. I already asked for the Fiesta Ecoboost. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

For the first time since some months, I was driving the F_Classic Gen2. Reiza, what have you done to those cars?????

Because they feel simply amazing now!:);)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

'Been saying this since this class got "the treatment"... This was right before the advent of flappy peddles, at the funeral of the turbo-era.
    As much as I enjoy the F-classic gen.3, these take the cake for me.
    They feel very natural and planted, without too much snap on corner exit.
    And they synergize so well with the period-tracks available...(Montreal '88, fantastic!)
    A challenge to be quick with them, without being a pig to handle.

Reiza done these right...:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I just keep it in RC version. They're both the same atm, and whenever a new RC comes out it will download automatically without me having to switch builds.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I lost 3-4 seconds with the F309 compared to June 23.
    I can't find in change logs why the gap is so big.
    The AI is a bit of now.
    Possible Top speed is the same,
    Is the wing effect on Grip and Drag adjusted?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

The only thing that kills fps for me is headlights. Dusk/dawn have no effect whatsoever on my performance. Playing with an AMD 6900xt

19. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven’t had a chance to jump on a play yet but the ai updates mean I will at some point this weekend… Did you notice a big change in their behaviour towards overtaking other ai? So curious to see what people think and how much better it is compared to previous builds!

20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What about in multiplayer? If its the same version, there will be no conflict, right?