1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am happy at being able to save cars now when previously some were way too unforgiving and frustrating. Being able to control some of these cars on the extreme limit now is brilliant. You can still lose cars even just by swerving extremely left and right on a straight, I tested this and it is easy to lose the GT1 and procar doing this

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, maybe you saw another video?
    I saw cars spinning out and the best drivers fighting hard with the steering wheel and struggling to keep the car on track (watch and listen from 14:20 until 15:20 for example, or 12:10, or 13:00…).

3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmm, maybe you saw another video?
    I saw cars spinning out and the best drivers fighting hard with the steering wheel and struggling to keep the car on track (watch and listen from 14:20 until 15:20 for example, or 12:10 or 13:00…).
    Edit: sorry for double post, I wanted to edit my original reply because I saw that the text from GearNazi I replied to could not be seen but only the video but I couldn’t solve this in my double post nor could I delete my original post… Sorry:oops::oops::oops:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

At 15.10 chasing car losing it in the vid is simulated vey well in this sim imo
    and the visual driver steering corrections that are visible also, our procar and many others like 911 can dance very well.
    Memories from the competition sims is slightly more over the top snap /gone, Ams2 has more subtle/delicate point of no return to me.
    Bueno Aires track 12 in these old beasties is my combo of the day.
    Car of the week Procar followed by 911

• Like Like x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Every time i load Córdoba in the Classic GT Vette I get engine blown, i cant drive at all as it now lockes my PC, I tried other cars and it locked up my PC as soon as it loads the track, I needed to restart to get out. The beta playes fine though on the same track.

6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The torque steer in FWD cars in rF2 is a complete outlier to every other sim because they refuse to implement power steering in FFB. I certainly don't want that janky feeling to be replicated in AMS2 because that's not what a modern FWD car with power steering would feel like. You get just enough grip/torque information through the FFB currently to measure when you can get on power.

7. azaris

RaceRoom cars with less than 400 hp for the most part suffer from having no functional oversteer, expect for the notorious autobin.exe that has plagued that sim for years. Everything is very planted and safe until you cross the limit, then around you go. Their high-powered cars are of the "5% too much throttle and you 360 instantly" variety. I'm just not convinced they'll ever break free from the anachronisms of the rFactor 1 tyre models despite years of Alex tweaking away.

The RaceRoom Procar understeers way worse than the AMS2 one does now and was actually pretty close to some of the very early AMS2 versions, except that AMS2 didn't use to have any wheel spin even in low gears.

8. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

But the problem with this, for me, is that the window of available grip on the limit on AMS2 is so wide that the cars actually end up being less stable and less planted for it, because the tires are always scrubbing and dancing as opposed to gripping or loosing grip. And I do like a bit of a playfull window of scrub on the limit... I just think this window is more like an entire house on AMS2.

For me the reason why driving the Procar on AMS2 feels unstable compared with the same car in Raceroom is precisally because of how lenient and easy it is on AMS2 to kick the car sideways and correct almost with no effort... it means that finding the actual limit feels vague and "mushy", for lack of a better word, and the faster I'm trying to go around the track the more I end up driving it like a rally car, kicking the back sideways on corner exit by giving it more throttle than I should and then straightening it up and actually being faster for it than if I drove it the proper way, because the game allows me to. I don't feel like making corners as if I was driving Dirt Rally is supposed to be so easy and fast on the Procar and that GearNazi video seems to agree with me, but this is an "issue" (in quotes because we're all talking from our very subjective interpretation of real world physics concerning cars we'll never drive in real life) I have with AMS2 in general and not just with the Procar.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

On Raceroom I find this to be the case only at high speeds, at which point I do expect to be very difficult to save anything if I loose traction... and there's a lot of personal preference in that since I do prefer when sims err on the side of being harder than easier than real life (of course the ideal is to be neither).

Maybe a happy medium between Raceroom and AMS2 would be all right? :)

Like I said in my previous post, I do enjoy a nice bit of available grip on the limit to play with, but I wouldn't expect so much of it on certain cars, like on a F1 2022 for example (Formula Ultimate Gen 2).

10. Maser V6

Hi 2nd I have an hr to test. what full settings for session did you have so i can replicate
    damage 100%? mech failure on

11. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Experienced some "bugsplat" and freezing on loading since the RC... One time 6 files were missing after Steam verification, another instance it just plain froze and I believe it was the SuperV8 @ Cordoba on load-up... That time after install verification all was correct. Seems to be working alright today though.
    Also, with the SuperV8, there are instances of my animated driver being missing.

12. Maser V6

Main build Classic vette test day
    Just tested here. damage 100 and failures on: on 2 of the Cordoba tracks no problems and damage scale for engine and trans progressed as expected. So not sure whats happening your end. File thing I suspect. as Gear states for him.
    sidenote
    windows 10 update messed with file in week and switched off in options rev and gear indicator on my wheel in ams2/pc2/ac/rf2 etc, very weird as I have never disabled the option in any game ever since g29 purchase years ago.
    after an hr finding out why I see the option was disable in game! beta was the only ok out of all the sims I tested.

13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Okay, here's what I saw:

Alan Jones overdriving the car and trying too hard, and the rears stepping out in that same turn every time for the entire race.
    There's a whole brown section of track there(what is that?!), that I guess they had better stay inside of. It's just dirty overal, and tbh the whole track surface looks dodgy all round.

Not to be endlessly argumentative or anything, but there's only so much Reiza can do with the track surface.
    I'm certain if they could simulate crummy 70's worn asphalt, that is also encrusted with dirt in some places, we'd be having a different ride altogether.

I haven't tried the thing on a damp/wet track yet... Might be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sim racers are a fussy and demanding bunch. We used to complain about the cars in AMS2 being unstable in cornering and braking and reiza found some issues within the code and have gone through extensive tyre physics revisions and other changes to help alleviate some of initial issues and now people are saying the opposite, cars are too planted and don't spin. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. o_O

• Agree x 10
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Sorry mate been away from the internet. I have Damage at 100% failures amd wear on. It was just a practice session all times.
    I'm still away from PC so don't remember times or date but it is with Max Ai at 107/50.
    *I don't know what damahgen was but I meant damage, lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. azaris

Meanwhile, GamerMuscle has been complaining for the past two days that all the cars are too slidey...

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Maser V6

We are a millions miles, so to speak, away from the handling when the fundamentals were amiss,
    For me there is and has been only this sim to choose for so long now.
    The nitty gritty finer point of 'breakaway' is not for me of major concern . For the most part the cars (i drive) are sublime and as we have seen, when progress comes as it always does and will we can still be supprised.
    Questions/ponderings are easy to misinterpret as 'complaint'. The discussion so far (imo) are not for loosing sleep over or regressing to prior 'big fixes/updates.
    Np Tested in test day but will try a race after coffee.:)

@azaris yes I saw some of that stream:whistle:.
    I would describe sometimes the tracks feel slightly 'greasy' overall and may lead to some effects previously discussed in the threads above.
    But these are thoughts I ponder on:D

• Like Like x 3
  18. Maser V6

So retested P/Q/Race with robots and all damage/failures on. all session run ok .no issues.
    Blew the engine on cooldown lap just for the test , by running full rpm till it popped damage indicator worked for all items.
    So no game /software problem this end. sry

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to say I don't find the grip too excessive in the cars I've tried which excludes all formula types. I thought the Procar was much more realistic tbh than earlier versions. I posted elsewhere I also had this 'perception' that the cars are now too grippy, but also realised that the sense of grip through the wheel is now so much greater than before and that maybe that is what is exaggerating matters.

20. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

There is a problem with ABS as a game aid for cars that don’t have it built in following the recent update, it will be hotfixed soon.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2