1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.8.1 Oficially Released - Now Updated to V1.3.8.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 28, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

25BB9F12-927D-474C-AF07-D5DE1DA4DC4D.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 16
  2. rmagid1010

There is also some excellent sound reference here (Volume up)

• Like Like x 7
  3. PieroX

PieroX Member AMS2 Club Member

After a while, like in ACC, everybody will choose the aggressive setup, so just make the default "aggressive" :whistle:

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. rmagid1010

I disagree that everyone chooses aggressive setup. Aggressive is a good baseline for a quali setup, but I think people will often choose the safer option to promote consistency over longer races and reduce mistakes, as well as reduce tyre wear.

Speaking of quali/race setups, there is no parc ferme in ams2. Maybe an option to restrict players from changing anything except tyres and front wing-angle could be an immersive option for leagues and off-line championships? Decisions and dilemmas in real motorsport like compromising a quali setup for race performance, or being forced into using a wet setup in a dry session could add an interesting dynamic to player strategy that im not sure exists outside of the f1 games

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

For consideration.
    Tips like this and from other staff ie @CrimsonEminence, oez/steel are very helpful.
    It would be very nice and useful to have an official thread closed for reply so it does not get cluttered. and stays as compiled tips.
    I have read many such post and thought I ought to try some of these , alas they are all lost in the mix of so many (8,490 discussions) / threads and I have not been able to find them in reasonable time. (short of bookmarking in browser in a folder, a thread would be ideal and 1 click reference in forum.
    :)

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely.

With the same line of thought, by now we should have the remaining tyre compounds that are missing. Just finished a league with the F-Reiza where we had to run it all with softs only which limited strategies to almost the very same for everyone. If I'm not mistaken this car is supposed to have 5 compounds available (HS, SS, S, M, H)...

• Like Like x 2
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I started out screenshotting them but have now started copy/pasting into a notepad file on my desktop. But agree a thread with only useful tips stickied and locked to only know setup guru's would be helpful.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

This will be my last post about this subject but since some of the responses clearly took my words into a different direction from what I meant I just wanted to clear up that my feedback, which was intended to be constructive, was misinterpreted by some posters as I certainly would not like to make cars even more tail happy and unstable than they already are.

My feedback, right or wrong, is that I find that many cars allow the back wheels to come out to such an extreme slip angle that goes past what I think should be savable, and what made me want to give this feedback in the first place was the Formula Ultimate Gen 2 because for the first time in many years I've been following this years F1 season as I actually like the cars this year.

If there's an issue then I'm sure you and the physics team will figure it out, and if nothing's wrong then even better :)
    Cheers!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can only speak of my race kart. The slip angle there is crazy that you can still recover and easily control the kart that is way out of shape. But of course a kart is not a car. But I can't speak for cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. 2ndLastJedi

Man i love the way the cars land after big kerb impacts :cool: They tyre and suspension feel really on point now.
    20220703140926_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I hope you don't have any inside info on that, maybe 1.4.0.0 is finally the time :D

12. Gerardo

Gerardo Member

• Like Like x 9
  13. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No problem loading/driving cordoba so far. Tested different cars.
    I feel safe, when I can drive fast. So don't need that. :D
    But I get the idea and it might be attractive to some guys. So why not.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  14. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

The video in the right is particularly interesting. Cool graphics, but the AI seems prone to causing unnecessary contact and doesn't follow through when attempting an overtake against other AI. And don't get me started on the physics... The cars definitely don't move around enough, it looks really arcadey.

Solid driving from the player, though. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Honestly go drive AMS1 then AMS2 and frankly i feel super safe in AMS2 compared to AMS1! AMS1 is hectic in an awesome way. This mod is what AMS2 needs ISO VLM GTPC Conversion

I finally got round to verifying in steam and it found 12 files needed reacquiring! Hope that's it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

It looks good, if only AMS2 could tone down the saturation and make the track surface and curbs the correct colours. Its only when seeing a side by side you realise how "wrong" the colours are.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

That's assuming the real life side and the game side are both shot at the same time on the same day. Light changes and colours look different throughout the day. And that's before we even start considering colour balance of the camera that shot the real life footage. No camera ever captures colour correctly. To my eyes the camera footage looks undersaturated.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. 2ndLastJedi

To me and my eyes the real footage looks more in line with how i see the world irl and AMS2 looks over saturated, not to mention the curb colour, its just different in AMS2, maybe a curb paint colour change occurred at the track or AMS2 is the older colours??!!

19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love the saturated colors. But I would also like to get a "realistic" color palette option. Of all the things, this is one of the reasons racing games still look unrealistic - everything is too pretty. Real life is not so colorful.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

No, the AMS2 colours are ok. You re blinded from too much watching TV racing. Go out to a RL track, you ll wondering how strong the colours are especially the racing-car colours. You need sunglasses looking at Manthey Grello or red Audi R8 GT3 liveries.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1