1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The way Nico speaks constantly about beating 7-time world champion Hamilton in 2016 in equal machinery says he's quite interested in remaining in people's memories as the guy who beat 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton in the same machinery back in 2016. And if the subject is not about him beating 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton in 2016 with the same machine, he'll find a quick way to make it about him beating in 2016 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton in equal machinery.

Did I say he beat 7 time world champion Lewis Hamilton with the same 2016 vehicle?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Currently all GT3s fit in somewhere in the Brazilian series. We are missing 2 classes, but if we get some older GT3 cars my guess is they will arrive together.

GT3 Light = older GT3s make up this class
    GT4 Light = even older GT3s are allowed here

I think they only use weight as the bop but I'm not sure if thats true now or not.

Reports - Império Endurance Brasil - Racing Sports Cars

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I feel like this is on the same level as Crofty constantly reminding us all that if you're a Sky Q or Sky Glass customer you can watch the highlights alongside the live action by pressing the red button

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Which is, of course, inaccurate. He beat 3-time world champion Hamilton in 2016 ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

So agree on everything you say here. I pretty much have checked on F1. I watch highlights of some races but never clamor to see them live or in replay. With so many more exciting series to follow, I feel I miss nothing by missing F1.

And yeah, the ERS, DRS stuff just makes my brain fog over.

6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The issue with F1 is not cars or tracks. I don't believe that unsafer cars/tracks can improve competition. The only thing that can do that is to make the regulations more open.

Racing engineering is all about find holes in regulation, but if you do an excessively strict ruleset, that points even the size of car's bolts, only teams with more money will be able to exploit it and that's why, since late 80s, those long lasting team dominances become the standard for F1. Events like the Brawn's championship (that some people say that is not that underdog story that we use to believe) will be harder and harder to happen.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jugulador

The only GTs I want are those from GT Legends (both the historic class from Simbin's game or the originals from that mod with the same name to AC) or the Fia GTR era (the rest of the pack). For me, Reiza don't need to waste their time/resources with more modern generic TC/ABS racing cars.

Of course... first they need to release the long promised Bikes and Tinder DLCs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Screenshot_20220714-163028_Google.jpg
    At least ghosting will properly work then. :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. RDG

RDG Active Member

Meanwhile we have the RSR-19, C8.R and M8 GTE :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just had the most incredible race at Adelaide with the 91 F1 cars, and this was something that just randomly happened. It absolutly blows me away that AI can have crashes like this, all on their own and litter the track with parts, just incredible IMO!

Just a couple suggestions.
    1. Wish we had a way of booting AI drivers from a race or champsionship because they share the same paint scheme as the player. I spent most of the race held up by my clone, and that is mildly annoying.
    2. I wish we had a way of keeping wrecked AI cars on the track a little longer. (Maybe have a option to have them stay for 1 player lap?) Because as of right now as soon as they stop with terminal damage they dissapear, I would love to see the wrecked cars on the side of the road and having to dodge them.
    3. On a simular note, Animated corner workers would be the cherry on top, having yellows waving in a sector for a lap after a terminal accident would be super cool. I know/hope Full course cautions are on the way for the oval racing rules package, so I assume you'll need animate a figure for the starter's stand anyway?
    20220714223331_1.jpg 20220714223414_1.jpg 20220714223443_1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dylan Hale

There is also the issue of powertrains. For years, if you get get your hands of a cosworth engine, you could pretty much be competive in any racing series you pleased. Now everything is so incredibly high tech that it might as well be anti gravity racing. F1 teams probably spend more on a single shock then a entire Nascar cup car.

Honestly, I think motorsports needs 4 key things

1. Outlaw sequential transmissions and return to the H Pattern, taking away the biggest crutch in motorsports and put car performance directly back in the hands of the driver.
    2. ICE cars with open development like F1 or manufacture significance like IMSA should use a manufacture built stock block avilable in a street car avilable for less than $100,000 USD. What you do to it afterwords is up to you.
    3. Any part developed for the car must be made publically avilable for sale for less than 1/10th of the total declared cost of your car. So you're car costs $1,000,000, every single part you made for that car should be available to the public for no more than $100,000 regardless of what it is. Every bolt, every nut, every seat, every valve, every custom turbocharger antilag system.
    4. At any time, another team can buy your car for your declared price +5%, lock, stock, and barrel. If you refuse to hand over the car, you will be banned until you pay a fee to both the buyer and the sanctioning body

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Now the only thing that's missing is a safety car or red flag afterwards... *nod nod wink wink towards End of July*

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There is a workaround, if you have a custom AI file.

1. Before starting the game, decide which car you wanna drive.
    2. Open your custom file with note pad and delete the entry for this driver (make a backup of the file before).
    3.Start the game, edit your championship and choose this car as yours. Then start the championship.
    4. Now, you can copy/paste the original file back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

It wasn't all bad, though. I mean, in 2014-2015 we had the legendary Lotus driver line-up of Grosjean and Maldonado. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

16. Jugulador

The engine issue that you pointed is part of the over regulating that I said. Today, all teams are forced to use one single strict type of hybrid engine with too much things to take into account. Make it more open, just regulating something basic (as max power and consumption) and let the designers chose what is best for their budget, as it was.

I think that F1 is the right category to deal with high tech and the tendency is that cars will be different in performance, with some teams being more competitive than others, and there is nothing wrong with that because is this nature. But I would prefer to see it happening because of radically different design choices than just because of different team budgets (that is just a competition of how far one can develop a closed idea).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just need good visual suspension damage and then we are golden.

• Like Like x 3
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I don't want F1 to go back to what it was (except for sound). This is because the identity of F1 is that of a technological laboratory for things that eventually go into road cars. Carbon fibre, turbos, ABS, TCS and sequential/automatic gearboxes and improved tyres were all developed for F1 and subsequently found road car applications. Even ERS which is hated by some people on this forum has its purpose in developing the regenerative technology to help extend the range of electric and hybrid cars, and the battery technology which underpins it. The ERS system is a feat of modern technology.

In the future when all cars are electric, there will be no more manual gearboxes so it is wasteful for f1 constructors develop this redundant technology. Also safety improvements are paramount to the sport’s survival, as any death or serious injuries put off viewership, sponsorships and the money which allows motorsport to happen. Never mind the sake of the drivers’ health. This is why safety in motorsport shouldn’t be reduced because ‘thats how it was’.

19. Jugulador

As I said, the issue is not tech development, but to force all teams to go with very specific techs and be too much millimetric about how it should be done.

Personally, I wouldn't even mind if heavy electronic assistance or stuff as fan cars and active suspension are used, as long as not in a way that the teams performances difference don't happens only because of budget, that is what creates these """actual""" (since late 80s) single team long streaks of hegemony that made the F1 something boring and predictable.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dylan Hale

I don't think electric will be the future, in fact I could almost guarantee it. Without a complete re-engineering of the entire world's infrastructure its a uphill battle only the rich will win. We're already facing lithium shortages as every car manufacturer attempts to move to EV tech.

Now hydrogen? Toyota has already proved that hydrogen combustion works, and if they can prefect it further, I don't see why that couldn't take over for gasoline? Instead of replacing or upgrading the entirety of the power grid, we're talking about changing a couple tanks and some pipes at every gas station. Much more doable imo. In that case, there is no reason manual couldn't continue to exist even if exclusively in racing cars.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2