1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Haha, that's crazy, never seen that before.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

But I'm agreeing with that. No one in sane conscience would stick with only one source of energy, unless having no choice (as with Ireland, for example).

I also think that when politicians decide to make decisions that don't belong to them (what means: any decision) nothing good can result from that. In the fuel subject it's clear that there is much more politics than science in the decisions and now a great part of the world is paying for this populists choices.

Despite all of that, there is only one way that we all, RIGHT NOW, can drive EVs and hydrogen powered vehicles ("HPV"?) that is Reiza bring them into AMS2. Just give us the new girls and let boys be boys :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza Extreme-E DLC, lets see how good this physics engine really is hehe

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just got bought by turn 10

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

everyday here now :mad:

6. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Look in to V2G (Vehicle-to-grid). It's basically a software thing that makes your EV will be charged, but that can also provide storage as needed. not a really big deal in the residential sector but huge in the commercial. Millions of vehicles become part of the grid. This is just one example of many workarounds on the way.
    All of our electrical infrastructure needs a major redo. Most of it s 20th Century tech that we need to upgrade anyway. If we're going to spend the money, no reason to spend on old tech that is ultimately going to kill us.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

Like the electricity infrastructure, 9 years of a backwards looking conservative government really hurt this country.

Abbott/Turnbull ruined the NBN. Add Morrison to that and they ruined the electricity grid.

Whilst people out here keep buying Prado's to do the school run, we are rooted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Just to give you one example:
    “…self-feeding, self-controlling, self-maintaining and self-reproducing, but they are far more economical in the energy they are able to develop from a given weight of fuel material, than any other existing form of motor.” Robert Thurston who was a notable engineer in the late 19th century.

There was also early scepticism that cars were useless for long trips because of their range, and ability to transverse roads outside cities (sound familiar?)

It was all overcome as the luddites were proven wrong. But the transition took 50 years.

Completely incorrect.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Another thing to consider is that I recently read that at the 3-5 years age the lithium batteries in cars lose up to 30% of their efficiency and capacity. That is a massive loss for something not that old. That is going to require charging more often as the range is going to drop a lot over a short period of time. Multiply that by millions of vehicles on the road and that massive.

10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Back to AMS2 topics: has anyone else noticed some cars having weird aero balance issues since the past few updates?

I know it could be a "setup folder reset" issue, but I've found cars like the 2ki Reynard and the Formula Classic Gen3 Model 2 feeling like they want to spit me off at any high-speed corner. It feels like the CoP goes drastically forward with speed and even off the throttle or off the brakes it still feels edgy. Balance feels fine at medium-speed corners, but nearing 5-6th gear it's like the rear wing/diffuser is suddenly stalling.

The weird thing is, the other gens of F-USA feel completely fine at high speed. I don't notice this on most other high-aero cars, and it's not like I'm throwing insane slip angles into the car when it does this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I don't fell any issue with the FCG3 (any of the models) and even think that they massively improved after last updates.

Have you tried to change the aero settings to fit your driving stile? What I felt is that the wings (F and R) are responding different from before in some cars. Before, when I changed the F or R wings of a car, just did some rule of three (with current and max allowed values) and the aero balance was back. Now, the front wings of most of cars fell less responsive to setup changes, what invalidate some "full all wings for max downforce" that always used to work before (as for the P1 cars that, now, full rear wings just give the cars too much understeer in any mid to high speed circumstance, but before it was the basis of most tracks fastest setup)... now the game is favoring more mid rear wing settings than before. But I didn't really tested enough and could be wrong.

EDIT: Maybe what you fell is not aero balance (or not completely it), but mechanical grip that changed in most of the cars.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You can expect further minor F-USA tweaks for the next big update.

As cars with very effective front wings it can already be good to change front ride height though. 2mm more can already change the perception of car balance a lot for these without even changing wing angles themselves.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Guess you mean the upcoming V1.4 as announced at least before X-Mas 22.

14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

New update will disable the ability to turn right

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's always this one guy, right? Oooofff.

16. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Sunday morning lifehack:
    to mention irregularities with a strong attitude would also suit you well @Fabian Biehne.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

The EV/Environment/climate subject is indeed in need of consideration discussion, as whether in sim or global considerations and impact as it affects us all. Having read pages of it here, it surely needs its own thread? (we all have thoughts on the Ev thing but maybe its relevance to the op is lost here and distracting. pls dont take this the wrong way anyone, I have my own thoughts but favour to not add them here. just from a motoring standpoint the performance /speed is outstanding! ie Lucid cars etc.
    somebody pls start 1!.(thread)

EDIT: Thread and pdf of 21 page collation of posts
    here.

EV's In Sims & Discussion

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Definitely needs it's own thread.
    I'm here because I'm avoiding my job, not to dwell in it even further.

Still interesting to see these opinions though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a difference between constructive feedback or beating a dead horse because we all know that Reiza is behind their schedule, which is ok because that's how things can go in software development. I can wait cause I know that the guys will deliver even if it takes more time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-7-17_12-15-23.gif

• Funny Funny x 1