1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cracking cheese Gromit!

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is redundant. The 1.4 update has already been announced and it's delivery date is imminent.

But if there is any firm commitment to deliver it "before the end of the month" or any other specific reference, it sets off a chain of anxiety-ridden messages, such as some of those above, wondering whether it has to be delivered by midnight on the 31st (in their particular time zone, of course), or by "close of business" (again in their time zone) on the 31st...or, it's a weekend, so maybe it should have been delivered by the preceding Friday close of business...or, maybe that is cutting it too close, so it should be delivered prior to the last business day of the month....or, someone said it would be earlier this time, so maybe it should have been a week before the end of the month...etc.

Then, because Reiza is and always has been the most eager to release content as early as possible to supporters--both because of passion but also because users inevitably help find bugs and issues--as soon as the "too-late" update is finally released, the gears shift immediately to messages of concern that the content and features would have been working better had a little more time been given in the development oven prior to release. I guarantee that will happen again this time as everything in version 1.4 will not be in completely final form and there will be the inevitable and helpful and necessary hot fixes following for at least a week.

It's much easier if we just accept this process and enjoy whatever is available at the moment than expending energy getting wound up about dates and releases and promises since none of it has the slightest impact on when things will get released. The update will be released when it is deemed ready by Renato, following whatever beta and other testing processes have occurred. No one wants the updates released sooner more than the people at Reiza. They are the ones doing all the work to make it as high quality as possible. They would love to be done with it "yesterday" no matter which day you ask them :)

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Agree completely.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The update must go through the son god of Europe

6. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Guys, come on chill out or the sun god of Europe will heatwave our ass again..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Thankfully Sweden only had a heatwave for 3 days, but I will help my European friends by chilling out

8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The way I'm looking at it at least is- we have the release candidates now, meaning that no matter what we can basically get early access to every update
    Instead of waiting through however many delays it would take for Reiza to polish out every little kink and bug with an update they hand us a "90% there" finished version of the update if we want to try it out and report bugs before the proper release, and that, to me at least, makes everyone happy pretty much: we, the players, get to play with the shiny new toys sooner and Reiza don't have to put as much stress into internal bugtesting

TLDR: it'll be out when it's out! We'll get it a little sooner than we would've before anyway because of their changes in the update system

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Players with real weather enabled:

C0FD1E76-836A-44A3-89EB-53E7272B567F.gif

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  10. Carlosfr

Carlosfr New Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Laulenture

Renato says the update keeps getting hotter, hottest day for me will be Thursday, you got your release date, people. Sun god has spoken.

12. Racinglegend1234

The only thing is we only know he is the sun god of EUROPE. When is the hottest day overall in Europe. What place in Europe will be the hottest and what day?

13. Racinglegend1234

Or maybe we should look at the weather in Portugal, because they speak Portuguese in Brazil.

14. Racinglegend1234

My hottest day is also THURSDAY. Coincidence, I THINK NOT!

15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Instead of stressing out about release date maybe you guys should try out the semi-ovals that are already in the game while we wait for the update: :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Laulenture

It's called joking, Toto. We went memeing.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

that would be great then we might actually have someone to race online with. A bit disheartening lately with 1 or 2 per slot

18. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

well, thats probably because as mentioned by someone earlier, there is a lot of beta activity, if i would have beta access i for sure wont be on the main build as well, i would be turning left a lot.....lol

19. Racinglegend1234

Or right if we can race on it the other way

• Like Like x 1
  20. Touc

Touc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i recon we might see something today

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2