1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Ah,it's so good to be a Backer,updates twice every week and it still say 1.4.It's so fulfilling.
    My best decision in life
    :D

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Guess we really are a bunch of friends, because only friends get away with being such assholes. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I don't appreciate being called a problem for supporting a developer.And also you have to see through my eyes there behaviour is perfectly acceptable. I joined around the same time as you and I love the journey that they have taken. Yes they have made mistakes I'm not denying that. This is the last response Ill make it is not a personal attack but just to try and help you see that it is perspective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

nope. the anticipation was there. i was very hyped for some racing.

But YET AGAIN, as with every single release, the original date not met yet again and the hype dies down.
    But what is more depressing than the delay, is the people asking for them.

Please, Mr Simioni, im really not to keen on driving, please delay it some more.

And please, show me a single release that didnt need some complimentary patches after.
    I wait.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Whenever Reiza open up another backer campaign you're buying everyone here a backing just for saying that :p

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. Dady Cairo

No sense of humor.It's a joke,but it's real.Easy prey :p:D

7. Dady Cairo

When i'm on holidays you all can have my account then,borrowed:)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With F1 going on holiday, this update was meant to keep the depression to a minimum over the next few weeks...

9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahahah.. Show me a sim that couldn't use a further update even after 10 years of development.
    I think people that have grown up from being a 5 years old will be able to see that developing a sim is a continuous process, it never ends. Or better it ends when developers move to something else because even the benchmarks of the market could use many updates and many upgrades with missing features or subpar fronts of their simulation.
    Understanding this is in the mind of the bystanders and unfortunately there is no one who can get in their heads and make them understand it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Close the door on the way out

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A sim is finished the day its developer abandon it. Like most complex software actually. Developer speaking...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Like Windows,but the bugs remain:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't mind waiting, in fact I prefer more feature-loaded updates with more polishing or when bundled with other functionality to make the wait worthwhile.

Having said that Reiza doesn't help themselves when they help the hypetrain to gather more momentum by saying "getting hotter" or "sooner than you expect" only to derail when such update is due. Please derail it before the hypetrain really starts. We'll all benefit from that.

In the meantime, why not play the 1.3 version or any other sim, plan your holidays, buy some LEGO and build it etc until 1.4 drops. AMS2 is not the only thing in the universe that matters.

• Agree Agree x 9
  14. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

+
    Both wrong!!!!! We all are a SBT soap opera characters. Embarquem neste carrossel!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

It’s fair to say you’re not alone in your criticism, and I´ll always agree some is warranted when you fail on a deadline you set for yourself - there´s a reason afterall our often-times optimistic scheduling has become a bit of a meme in the forum, and even an internal joke at my expense within the dev team - I´m even sure some of the other devs would agree at least partially with your perspective, and wish we´d do things a little diffferently.

We won´t though, and I´ll explain to you why as I did other times we talked about this topic, so you and others who feel similarly can understand and decide whether this is a company you want to continue bringing your business to in the future - software development is not as straight-forward to estimate as some other projects are, you´re fundamentally budgetting time on an speculative assesment of what given targets will require, and regretably they´re not always as simple to deliver as putting one brick on top of another - sometimes you get lucky and progress faster than expected, often times it will be the opposite; sometimes you start digging for something and you find something else, and suddenly your initial goal evolves to something much broader, and with it so does inevitably its schedule.

So you may wonder as others have, why give schedules to the public in the first place? It´s always going to be a balance between giving your users some much needed foresight into where you´re going and not making promises you can´t keep, and as much as you try not to, sometimes you´ll get it wrong. I tend to have a fair amount of confidence (which admitedly can occasioanlly overflow into over-confidence) in our ability to progress at an uniquely rapid pace - the reason why we´re often "late" is precisely because we have 12 deadlines in a year for two years running as opposed to 3 or 4; and the reason why we can pack enough progress within each of those deadlines does relate a bit to the fact we´re consistently pushing the envelope - I can say with full confidence AMS2 would not be where it is today relative to where it was last month, last year or two years ago if our approach was any different, and to my mind making the game better as fast as we can is the prioritary goal - it´s why we´re in business in the first place. I think most of our users understand and appreciate that, and that´s what wins us some tolerance for when things don´t go exactly to plan.

Thee there are people who just like you who prefer we would just do less and take longer to do it, so long as we did things always on the schedule (or with no schedule at all) to ever-reliable releases - there´s no question we have alienated some users with our approach. Ultimately though this is a boutique shop, we´ll win customers who get and appreciate waht we do and why, and will lose others who would rather have a more straight-forward and reliable transaction, ending up exactly with the amount of customers we deserve. It´s a fair system :)

I hope you don´t see this as a confrontational or dismissive response to your criticism - I don´t take lightly to failing a deadline, but I do hope to enlighten more users understand the relationship between the good and the bad here - it´s then up to you to decide whether that balance makes it a business you want to continue your relationship with :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    • Like x 40
    • Winner x 28
    • Informative x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

thats when Assetto Corsa became good, so i politely say you are wrong on this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I know your post was made as a reply to Ettore keeping things optimistic but it needs to be said and clarified.

There is a big difference between beta ready, release candidate ready and official release ready. Delays have been from a day to 2 weeks and releases have been met with criticism when they came too early, hence the introduction of the release candidate build.

As mentioned several times now, this is a situation where what’s being worked on needs more time to be RC-ready and not necessarily because the team was overly optimistic but because of issues that popped up in the beta.

If it came out right now, there would be good chances you would feel dissatisfied about the issues. I understand it must be annoying to see beta users happy and keep a positive mindset when you have no eyes on the beta client and can only wait for a build to head to the retail client, but this time around, it's a good thing. Sorry if we don't give specifics though.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Dady Cairo

Exceptions confirm the rule.:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It's also an exception to the rule. Or maybe a rule in the realm of moddable games

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I wish I was a Reiza Backer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1