1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Or maybe that this next update will be
    Screenshot_20220808-114838_Google.jpg

2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The only thing now that would get the “bad taste” out of my mouth would be for 1.4 to be released much sooner than anticipated…

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The closest to a deadline was the post #735 in this topic where Renato gave the date "August 28".

As everything Renato said, 1.4 is a huge update and would include both July and August updates in one. Sooooo... take easier on Reiza and on your anxiety lol

4. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the issue. It has nothing tho do with anxiety…

• Agree Agree x 9
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its not about the actual update, we were talking about the dev update

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

And we would really like to count on anything you say, but it's simply not worth it, which has, again, been conclusively proven.

I'm absolutely mystified as to why you're doing this - giving dates just in order to not meet them. Yes, by now we have learned that these dates aren't worth anything, and I'm neither surprised nor disappointed that it didn't come yet again, but the only thing you accomplish with this is losing trust. If what you say is never what you actually do, you will not be able to generate hype for anything anymore, because only what comes out is worth something.

I personally always enjoy being excited for new things, but it's simply not worth it with your sim, with your sim it's always going to be "OK let's see when things will happen" instead of "Oh yes, just two days to go, and then we'll finally get XY".

I hope that is what you want, because it's the only thing you'll get by doing things this way.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Meanwhile, rFactor 2 is coming out with new content today (and yes I am 100% confident it will actually come out), including the Caterham Academy and the 60's Mini Cooper - two cars that will be directly compared against their AMS2 versions that currently have broken tyres with no grip despite one of them having been recently updated to the "more accurate tyre model". So we will have a full month of negative comparison videos showing up on YT until maybe these cars get fixed in early September.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

and i keep saying this over and over and get dislike-bombed by a large portion of this forum for pointing this out.

This game could really go off, it has the graphics, it has the depth in gameplay, but with community that defends delay after delay, promised content not delivered after very long times (Nordschleife and Spa historic) you can not get anywhere.

Remember the Season Pass 20/21? we are hitting 23 and still not fulfilled.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Did you see the track that is coming also :whistle: Talk about directly compared :eek:

10. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

No one here wants delays but most people agree that most of the time it's for the greater good of the game. The Dev update has just been missed I'm disappointed but I know that Renato will get it done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

You guys really need a life lol

At the end of day it is just a game/sim it is intended to have fun on our spare free time, unless you guys have planned your holidays for the release date I don't see how a delay can stop you from enjoying what you already have (as you did until a couple of days ago) and be happy when it will be released with the favour and blessing of devs!!!

I mean, there is still people playing rF2 after years and even if it is missing a tons of key features and you guys can't stand a delay of a forum post...:eek:

Chill and be patient :p

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

You mean I should stop to
    giphy.gif ?:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

you must have missed all those "please delay" posts then

a prime example of this forum. everyone is a no-lifer that doesnt join the RDF ranks.
    (coming from people who paid over 100 dollars on a game to have beta access)

It is this constant not delivering, and now you guys will tell me typing a dev blog in wordpad is some kind of computer science and difficult to develop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I didn't miss any please delay posts which is why I said that most people agree its for the greater good.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Nope that is a great exercise, kill the calories!

Better write when you have something to say than write something not completed yet (so not sure it will work as intended possibly creating useless expectations which will be bring another 2 pages of complains in a endless process) just to please a minority of user base complaining about nothing.

You have no idea how damaging were the S397 posts when they were talking about stuff still to develop and then posting "we can't do that sorry" later.

Why should Reiza do the same thing? For you?
    Don't tell me they should because you are a "customer" because yes you are but you are part of a noisy small part complaining about a FORUM POST a PILE OF WORDS, nothing that prevents to actually use your product since it is something still to come.

Sounds like you would prefer a text of promises in time than solid reality later :D

If there is something more damaging than fanboys is feel entitled to teach others how to do their work.

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I stay in this forum just for the comments in the dev updates threads, they are hilarious!
    Do any of you read back your comments? It’s like a group of man babies, chucking out their toys cos mummy didn’t make them chicken nuggets for dinner haha.
    Honestly, it’s embarrassing reading some of these comments and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s put a bunch of people off this forum and the game too.
    It’s a video game people, the sun is out, it’s summer, enjoy! For those of you that prefer to stay indoors you can play the new RF2 update and content drop coming out today or, R3E, AC, ACC and I Racing too!
    If a game update upsets you this much, you probably need to re evaluate a few things and learn to relax! It’s just a video game and not a way of life!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I wondered about this. Aren't F1 cars supposed to be capable (theoretically) of running completely inverted due to the enormous amounts of down force created by the aero system?

18. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

the saying goes (and to everyone)

"beware the tyranny of your expectations"

19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself, I find some consistent form of communication important. Ill2 Sturmovik is the perfect comparison case for me. It's a team of similar size, maybe slightly smaller, than Reiza but they commit to doing an update post every couple of weeks (on average).

- Usually an update every couple of weeks
    - Sometimes it is a big post like Reiza ones, sometimes it's a smaller one with a paragraph or two and a few pics or a gallery
    - They discuss things they'd like to do but can't due to the engine or lack of manpower
    - It's communicated when there won't be an update or there isn't anything to show

Here's the thread, going back years: Developer Diary

The current development (Battle of Normandy) was originally planned to be wrapped up last year but is still going, nearing completion. But there are next to no complaints anywhere because people are kept in the loop and see the progress (also there isn't a two tier 'haves' and 'have nots').

There's an elephant in Reiza's room; licencing. I'm aware some things can't be previewed without consent from the licence holder, although there's plenty of games that was never an issue for, showing modelling updates and similar things to past AMS2 diaries.

But for me, I'm disappointed that I've not seen so much as a screenshot from Spa or Nurburgring vintage versions. And that there seemed to be a consistent communication form when I bought into the game which is no longer.

If you don't want regular updates about AMS2 that's fine, though I notice you have access to the beta forums so you have a lot more info that I don't. But please don't say those of us who do are wrong to do so.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So much this post. To think, back when I wrote a moderately successful steam review of this game, I actually praised Reiza's communication and recommended the game partially based on that - gotta edit that out.

To think that we at one time could honestly write something like this:

I really like what Reiza's been doing to the game since then, but the deterioration of communication in the forums is really not nice to see.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4