1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

that is not being disputed, what is is how does the car get to that angle in the first place with so much down force.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's very hard to take people who are on the sainted beta forum seriously when they go "lol what's the problem with delays" when they have access to the content 1.5 months before the plebs.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

naughty!

that was due to contact with Vettels car and his wheel took the front end up into the air thus creating the angle in discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Only in your dreams. The delays apply to everyone. Beta users might have access to some content prior to it being finalised days before it goes public - not weeks and certainly not months.

Same applies to dev plans - no more info in the beta forums. Everyone is in the same place. Trying to see this as a divisive 'them and us' situation where non beta users are somehow being treated worse is ridiculous.

In other words, people aren't commenting negatively on the constant complaining about missed deadlines because they have access to something you don't. They are commenting because they genuinely aren't as concerned about it as some others are. It's just a game FFS.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So you don't have any idea what's coming in V1.4 beyond what was said in the June dev update? No chance in hell I believe that, especially because several beta users have said the opposite.

6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The pressure on Renato and Reiza must be immense, the massive undertaking that is the Madness engine must really be daunting and coming onto the forum and any social media platform only to hear people asking for this and that and complaining this isn't as good as that must really weigh heavily upon their shoulders.

I've done it and I'm sure everyone here has also, take a step back, enjoy what's in your life that's golden, AMS2 will get its update, Renato will make his dev post and the world will continue to spin as it does everyday. Then come back next month and start this whole thread again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

You must be unbearable on Christmas Eve. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats not nice. Why they say next week dev update and we see nothing! better to not promise things if you can't do it. A mens word shoud be allways like the law. If i say to a woman i am there at 6 o clock and im not there, she will divorce or kill me..... hahahaha.

9. 2ndLastJedi

Does it really matter of I know more than you about what is coming or if I've even tried it? It clearly isn't ready so maybe driving something that is bugged or broken can sometimes be frustrating and deflating, sometimes I wish I didn't download the beta. As I said above enjoy what's golden and find something to fill the gapping whole in your life that is the missing dev update.

10. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is amazing. Adults fighting with other adults over an delayed news item for a computer game...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dicra

No, it does not matter and it's to be expected, and I agree that there are frustrations that come with being in beta. What does matter is blatant lies like this just in order to shut up criticisms about lacking/divisive info distribution:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

If you read the text you took from Gagaryn it says (Beta users might have access to some content prior) but it's beta, sometimes it not ready ore have to be worked on some more, som things dont go as planned (that's life), but otherwise it is not that a big difference, that you seem to think. I'm looking forward to the dev updates just as much as everyone else.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

What lies?

14. Dicra

Are we not reading the same thing here?

This is simply not true.

Yes, there is more information on the beta forum. No, beta users and non-beta users are not in the same place, especially when it comes to the information probably provided in the upcoming dev update. That's why it's a bit unfair if beta users make fun of "normal users" or accuse them of childishness for desiring the (promised) information they already at least partly possess.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I want updates? YES
    Am I supposed to act like a mad if not coming? NO
    There is huge difference between asking and pretending IMO

Not referring to you just being clear on my point

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a difference between Beta "testing" and main sim users: the first do get to see things a bit in advance but it is not just for their enjoyment, they try to review things and often live with bugs and issues that normal people will never see.
    There is no life in Beta MP either, other than the planned MP tests with Reiza and those are often ridden with bugs and issues as they are the playground where new features and content are tested.
    So the conception that Beta users are just enjoying life while others are grasping at the door is a bit misleading (polite word to say garbage).
    Regarding knowing what will be added to the next update, it is true we get to test things in advance but we don't know what will make the cut for the release and what will not anyway and even standard beta users generally receive those contents a week before RC is released.
    This specific case is different because the release was delayed by a month so we get this extra time to keep going with the process of testing. Otherwise it's as per above.
    I don't think the relatively small AMS2 community needs more fragmentation into tribes armed one against the other TBH.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So you are agreeing with me then, or are you trying to disagree with me. I was neck deep in all of this years ago when I was starting on my private pilot license. Stuff like angle of attack on the wing, aero stall angles etc.
    You need to understand how downforce is generated. You mention again that the design of a GT1 car making it harder to achieve the same result, is just not true.
    A car, any car, formula car or not, is essentially a body within a fluid (air). Depending on how it is engineered, at certain angles it will create a downward pressure, if the angle goes to the opposite above a certain amount of degrees, it can generate lift. This is ONLY down to the air pressure above and below. The shape of the wing, or where the floor is situated etc, have no impact on this. It is purely angles that dictate pressure, or, angle of attack.
    TLDR, it can happen in any car if the angles are right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. theF1man

theF1man Member

Some people need to lay off the energy drinks/powders and get outside for a few days, We are all excited for news and the update, but screaming like children and pretty much saying gimmie gimmie gimmie NOW!!!! isn't going to make things better, as a father of two girls the similarities in this thread sometimes is mind blowing

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Driver61 made a video about this question:

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

images (2).jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4