1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I know and funnily enough I’ve been running a business for nearly twenty years.
    I decide and choose how to run my business and I can choose to listen to my customers, so that they promote me with word of mouth and grow my customer base or I can ignore them and have a smaller customer base.
    Regardless of how you and I view Reiza business practices, it’s completely irrelevant, because it’s their company and they can do as they wish. You and I can also do as we wish when deciding whether to part with our money and giving it to them or not.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

And next time Nando's give you the chicken 10 minutes after your order but two hours later your wondering where the fries, salad and drink you paid for are... I'd think it's fair to ask questions about it.

*I should clarify that in the Reiza case, I don't mind the sides being late, I just want some updates on when to expect it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Of course it’s fair to ask questions and if the answers aren’t satisfactory or they choose not to answer at all, that’s their choice not to and also fair. It’s then my choice to sit and wait or take my money elsewhere. I certainly wouldn’t start throwing tantrums and yelling in their restaurant, because that’s an embarrassing reaction from a grown adult!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

It sure is mildly annoying waiting for a dev update the whole week and nothing, but I'm sure nobody is feet in the air doing nothing at Reiza. I choose to wait quietly but the people that are really upset by it are not without reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Hope some communication comes soon but in the meantime I'm just gonna watch this thread

upload_2022-8-8_14-31-42.gif

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, you can prepare for an even more intense discussion after the release of Racin' USA Pt. 3, on the topic of how realistic the flight physics are modeled in AMS2 when a car causes "the big one". I mean, is the F-USA Gen1 more likely to tumble and get airborne than the F-USA Gen3? And should the car just get lift for a second before it settles on all four wheels, or should it roll multiple times? Who knows.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I know one thing for sure, it's that between Renato and Reiza missing their own deadlines and seeing y'all argue like kids the latter is thousands of times more annoying. For real I get it, I'm frustrated too but arguing is just going to make the wait worse for everyone, have a beer, cheese or pray to your local Renato sun-god or something but chill..

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

YES :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

but an F1 car does not have that kind of weight balance so your point is moot. and because the front is so much lighter than the rear, the down force would be even more effective.

10. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I'm more extremely curious to what will be in the update than annoyed to be honest. I'm in the Baldurs Gate 3 early access, God knows I'm used to waiting.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a wife, two small children and a full time job...obviously I don't have a life and one of the few things I have to look forward to (other than the sweet sweet release of death) is updates from my favorite sim racing title.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How many conversations are in this one thread? Stop talking about non June development stuff and talk about June development, I'm so confused reading this, I can't manage lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

You said in a few words what takes me 10 paragraphs, so thanks for that. Excellent posts.

You've nailed the balance. It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to know.

Note "know", not "have".

Hah, that post hits close to home!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It depends on the business. In many cases the customer takes the risk of the endeavor on themselves because they know it's the only way to have contractors do the job for them.
    So the customers have their say but still take the consequences (extra costs, delay on schedule) but still rely on the professionality of the contractor. If you are talking about buying a car you are right. If you are talking about designing a weapon for the armed forces you are totally wrong. Depends on the business.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I do wonder if blowovers will be properly simulated, in-air physics has always been a bit jank in Madness especially in terms of rollovers (it lacked fluidity and felt like the car jerked into a rolling state in the PC games and especially the Shifts) but that's actually been surprisingly improved a lot in AMS2 from the few tumbles I've had so maybe we could see some proper up and overs like this or this

16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I know that you're hiding things. Saying gentle words to shelter me. Your words were like a dream, but dreams could never fool me. Not that easily. You acted so distance then, didn't say goodbye before you left. But I was listening. You'll fight your battles far from me. Far too easily. 'Save your tears cause I'll come back.''' I could hear that you whispered as you walked through that door, but still I swore. To hide the pain, when I turn back the pages. Shouting might have been the answer. What if I cried my eyes out and begged you not to depart. But now I am not afraid to say what's in my heart. Though a thousand words that have never been spoken.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just belted this out to Renato!!!

18. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe this image will satisfy both the downforce and cheese aficionados:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Blatant lies? Shut up criticism?

You seem to believe there is a magic wonderland in Beta where everyone has special privileges and exclusive content. You are wildly misunderstanding the reality which is actually buggy beta releases with no changelogs and test races cancelled at the last minute. Now that I've typed that I realise that you would love it - more stuff not done to your expected standard for you to whinge about.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I deliberately chose those simple 1:1 weight distribution values as an example so that you wouldn't get caught up in the specific numbers, so that we instead could focus on the broader point: In fluid dynamics, you can't simply take the vector sum of lift force and weight and make a general statement about pitch axis stability. There are numerous other factors, including factors that even scientists don't quite understand yet! I'm not saying that the F1 car should or shouldn't lift its nose, I'm saying that neither you or I can say anything definitive about what should happen because the physics are more complicated. The only good way to find the real answer is to do real-world tests, such as starting with a scale model test and then working your way up from there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1