1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh I am still enjoying the current content but new content is always highly welcomed and highly anticipated!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Race cars have been flipping over crests in race tracks for decades. The crests are either removed, or the tracks decommissioned from the faster car series.

3. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There is not enough fire in Hell for you to burn the deserved eternity.

Touring cars, from ANY ERA, are the pinnacle of motorsport.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-8-8_18-14-42.png

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, but not a single open wheeler, except if it was facing the wrong way or hit something. This is mainly due to geometry of these cars (and a few other factors that have been thoroughly discussed) and not due to luck.

6. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with this, and their reputation is being tarnished. It's kind of a joke in the wider community now.
    But I still enjoy the game as do many others. I've accepted that they've no handle on the sprint cycles, which is fine if that's how they run shop. But they really should reign in false expectations.
    And then after creating hype, radio silence. It's a smack in the face for every promoter of their software. Honestly, 2 sentences of a quick update would be fine. Or even something like, "sorry guys, dev cycle slipped, busy working for next 3 weeks, so please accept no updates during this time".
    But this basic communication skill is beyond Reiza.
    At least the sim is good, it's their saving grace.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah, communication and undelivered content are the 2 fatal flaws currently plaguing AMS2 to me, there are other issues obviously but communication is surely the easiest one to fix compared to say, multiplayer

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

My main problem with AMS in 2022 still is the lack of overall polish and very mixed quality of content.
    I have not much time left for any kind of gaming and that's why I prefer games that are in a mature state. Currently only ACC is in that category. I simply don't want to act as paying beta tester, I've done that 20 years for the ArmA series.
    I simply wanted a finished game by 2021 when I bought the AMS2 package in 2020. I don't see why I should invest any more time into a beta.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I cant go along with all the emotions here, but I agree. Yes, communication and undelivered content are the flaws. All summed up with unfulfilled promises, I would say, incl. the lack of polish, which is a baseline assumption for a released game. The redeeming factor is the endless possibilities, like the out of the blue free Argentinian tracks that make me think highly of AMS2, aside from the general good feel of the simulation itself, which should be the litmus test of a simulator, but for us on this forum has been put on the background, I feel.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Those cars don't race on tracks that are dangerous. Check out the number of former F1 tracks that are no longer used for that reason as well as insufficient run-off areas, etc. Billiard table smooth as we have today wasn't always the standard.

It has already been explained in this thread that race car aerodynamics are not a one-way application of down force. If you manage to get air under the car (from whatever cause, including a sharp crest of a hill at top speed), the flat bottom of the car will turn into a sail.

Is this working precisely as in real life in AMS 2? Probably not, but the continuing conversation suggesting it may not be possible to flip these cars is almost as tiring as the discussion about the dev update.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to keep you all waiting on the dev update folks, I’ve had personal matters (my wedding party) keeping me busier this past week than I anticipated - I’m fully back on duty now tho and working on it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 27
    • Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
  12. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Congrats!

13. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations and welcome back

14. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I’d call that a legit reason for the delay :)

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lol, pretty sure it was him in the lotus or Caterham, whatever they were called at that time

16. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Well there goes my anger, glad Ren's a married man now

17. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

"Communication"?

I don't know to many devs that spend their time listening to the community or even being receptive with criticism. I know a dev or two that would ban you just to say what you just said lol

BAZILEILO VAGABUNDU... VOCÊ JÁ É CASADO COM A NOSSA ANSIEDADE... VAI TABAIÁ!!!!!

Irmão... na brodeiragem, não sei se te dou parabéns ou pêsames:D

Mas que seu casamento seja mais sereno do que os da maioria de nós outros. Que seu sofá seja muito confortável (sim... dá um migué e coloca um bom sofá cama na lista de pedidos de presentes, porque ele pode e provavelmente salvará o seu casamento). Preste atenção em como o seu sogro lida com sua sogra, pois é grande a chance de sua esposa com o tempo desenvolver alguns dos problemas da mãe. Compre um cão de médio ou grande porte (caso já não o tenha), pois dá pra colocar no pobre animal muitas das culpas pelas suas besteiras. Que seus filhos venham de um em um, não de gêmeos pra cima. Que seus filhos só peguem gosto pelos seus hobbies quando já tiverem idade de entender que não é pra quebrar as coisinhas do pai. Se afaste de todos os seus amigos solteiros, porque eles só complicarão a sua vida. Se aproxime mais dos casados, pois mesmo que eles tb te darão problemas, mas tb darão soluções. Nunca tente dar match entre as amigas e parentes de sua mulher e os seus amigos e parentes... não vale as inevitáveis dores de cabeça independente dos resultados. E, acima de tudo, não dê muitas maradonices pra cima de sua esposa que é pra ela não te tratar igual os árbitros tratam o Neymar.

PS: E, por fim, mesmo que vc não vá aprontar (mas na dúvida apronte... sua esposa e/ou entorage dela não acreditará em vc mesmo... então...), cuidado com portadores de celular durante sua despedida de solteiro, mesmo se forem seus melhores amigos... sério... cuidado com essa porra, não to brincando.

Grande abraço!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

I recommend you don't bother reading the last 3 or 4 pages of this thread (the children have been unleashed). Wouldn't want you to come down from the Wedding Party high :)

Congrats, and looking forward to the updates whenever they will come to fruition.

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Parabéns Renato!
    Desejo muita felicidade na nova vida!
    Que Deus ilumine o caminho de vocês e que alcancem todos os seus objetivos!

Aprecio toda coragem, iniciativa, trabalho e paixão que coloca no AMS2.
    Desde o início antes mesmo de ter jogado o simulador eu já sabia que se tornaria o meu favorito, não só pelo fato de ser uma iniciativa nacional, mas por sentir o capricho e esmero que é colocado no projeto.
    Mesmo não fazendo parte da equipe de desenvolvedores, sinto muito orgulho do que o projeto se tornou e faço questão de apresentar pra todo mundo que chega aqui em casa.

Todo sucesso do mundo pra você e seus projetos!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2