1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I was genuinely trying to understand down force and counter forces, but whatever.

2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The science behind lift is still not completely understood and the debate could rage on for decades. In the sim we have the luxury of hitting restart, so if you ever get the chance to send a 2001-2002 F1 car around the Ring in real life... maybe don't take it flat the first time. :rolleyes:

Back on topic: congrats Renato!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Pages 54 through to 59, are arguably the most entertaining pages in the history of the Reiza forums and are absolute must reads!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Ok, after releasing the wedding 1.0,we need the 1.4 version of AMS2, so we too can go on our honeymoon with AMS2.
    ;)

Congrats and welcome back to work Renato!
    :) :) :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually thought Renato already got married at the start of the year, hence a delay back then.
    upload_2022-8-9_9-8-9.png

He must have had his wedding and honeymoon back then, and now its time for a big party, congrats Renato

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock star in this year's hit rom-com, in which a busy games developer must choose between the love of his life... and his wife.

Bring a handkerchief and a box of popcorn. Coming to a cinema near you, Autumn 2022:

In Reiza We Trust (rated PG)

• Funny Funny x 13
  7. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, it's pretty fine here. You do not get bannend when posting your personal opinion, get not bannend when using one of the trillion languages we have on earth etc. ;)

All in all: Baast scho:)), und dafür darf's dann gern, auch mal wieder, länger dauern ;)

8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Ich persönlich würde sagen, es ist eher so, dass die Zustände in einigen anderen Foren, was das Äußern von abweichenden oder negativen Meinungen angeht, ziemlich katastrophal sind, insbesondere beim allseits beliebten Grasmoloch aus den USA. Was dort oder auch in den pCARS-Foren alles weggebannt wurde, ging zuweilen wirklich gegen jedes Interesse an einer konstruktiven Community. Ein bisschen schade ist es schon, dass man loben muss, wenn Spieleentwickler nicht Willkür grassieren lassen.

Die Tatsache, dass man Kritikpunkte äußern kann, ändert aber nichts an ihrem Bestehen, sondern lässt lediglich hoffen, dass die Entwickler statt ihrer Verschleierung immerhin ehrlich um Verbesserung bemüht sind.

Ob das zutrifft, kann man allerdings angesichts kürzlicher Ereignisse durchaus bezweifeln, denn dass auch diesmal wieder ein guter Grund für die Verschiebung besteht, ändert ja nichts daran, dass des Pudels Kern, nämlich unzureichende Kommunikation unvorhergesehener Entwicklungen, die mit den durch Reiza selbst geschürten Erwartungen der Nutzer kollidieren, auch diesmal wieder eine Baustelle war.

Grande abraço!

(Nothing important in this post, I just wanted everyone that wants to understand me to suffer google translate :p Got to admit they made great progress with that though, at least 80% of the sentences made sense even though I did my best not to make it easy for the translator)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe he has two wives :D. Can you do that in Brazil?

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Guillem Castro

Guillem Castro New Member

upload_2022-8-9_12-2-7.png
    automobilista 1 has 7 players less than ams2, this has to be a joke

11. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

30 Day average bit fairer comparison no ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Guillem Castro

Guillem Castro New Member

I dont know mate, I like ams2 a lot but I dont see any improvement at all. Physic are the best, but the other things of the game are completely dead, and I do not see any reaction of the staf, they go from a delay to another delay. I lost the hope on this sim.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not played AMS1. Is it worth having in the library? Do people still play it etc? Driving experience any good?

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AMS 1 is a great game. It uses the engine of Rfactor1, although Reiza optimized it to rather modern standards, the graphics are kinda outdated compared to games like AMS 2 or ACC.

Cons:
    Only dry weather
    Poor graphics for standards of 2022

Pros:
    Great physics for most of the cars
    Many cars/tracks in game by default
    Championship Editor
    Open engine, so it is completely modable
    Tons of mods available on sites like Racedepartment (tracks, cars, liveries, banners and more).

So yes, you might give it a try if graphics are not the most important thing for you.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  15. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

See previous page - there is a reaction from the owner of Reiza. In a few days there will be a dev update too (although I would not hold your breath...). They do update but it might not be what u want to hear.

16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Means what?:)

17. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

This is what it looks like during the day in Europe:
    upload_2022-8-9_13-37-52.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chillblast

Chillblast Member AMS2 Club Member

Seeing that graphic makes me kind of sad. Such wonderful sims yet hardly anyone plays them.

19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It's usually way better in the evening or on the weekend, and when it's not summer :) AMS1 seems to be a mainstay in the South American region much more than around here.

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes.. Measuring on week days not in peak hours for Europe is always going to show pretty much compressed numbers... That is why the average daily users is far more different