1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Peak concurrent players in a global world is pretty misleading statistic anyway. There are 20+ time zones in the world and many people only have a few hours a week to spend on their favourite sim (if that). My conservative estimate puts the true number of active players at something like 25-30x the Steam concurrent player number.

2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

How's the PC market over in South America? Is AMS1 a mainstay out of choice or neccesity for most? Genuinely curious is all

3. theF1man

theF1man Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

instead of posting bad statistics and crazy comments all day, spamming the forum with "wahwah", "i want" etc, they should play the game.
    Maybe they would raise the numbers :whistle::p

Hey guys, you have 130 cars and over 100 tracks and make so much noise for just 1 new car and 3 tracks. ?????
    Crazy

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

To everyone who keeps bringing it up again, the wahwah-ing about the wahwah-ing is not any better than the OG wahwah-ing, you're still adding to the wahwah-ing, both sucks. Cheese, period.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I don't know, mon ami, but think that 彼らがオンライン翻訳機を発明した後、私はマウスの右ボタンをクリックするだけであらゆる言語を理解できるようになりました.言語と文化の壁を越えて。

以下では、このフォーラムの美しさについて説明します。

梅の花が咲く

そしてナイチンゲールを歌います

しかし、私は一人です

一茶

いくつの思い出

思い出す

太古の静かな湖…

カエルが池に飛び込み、

スプラッシュ! 再び沈黙。

芭蕉

最初の朝

私の影さえ

活気に満ちている

一茶

白川へ向かう途中

花を売る少女

最初の虹

シメイ

途中で

アオイが咲いた

馬が食べた

芭蕉

Happy trails!

Well, them AMS2 is doing very fine. Just try to compare AC with ACC lol

Today is not worth that much, but if you are into mods I recommend that you access Race Department and other modding sites to see if what AMS1 have make it interessing to you. Them, maybe you take it on a sale (or not... the game is cheap enough with it's full price).

Personally, I don't like the driving experience that much. It's ok overall, but AMS2 exceeds it all the way, IMHO. What still better in AMS1 is the AI overall behavior, but not by a large margin since AMS2's is already pretty good.

Today, if I wan to buy a older sim, that is not AC, to complement AMS2 this sim would be GT Legends because of it's career mode (that is kinda lazy, but is way better that all the sht done with basically all the other sims that are not Dirt to Daytona) and it's content or RACE 07 with all it's expansions because of it's content. BTW, I have all RACE 07 content here and don't install it again just because each expansion get it's own icon on Steam launcher, that annoys me just because lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

Wait USA part 3 is just one new car and three new tracks? That can’t be right, compared to parts 1 and 2. That is much less content cars wise, though similar tracks wise.

8. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Is there any talk about official mod support for AMS2? It's always a good way of bringing more players, maybe it's one reason why people still play AMS1.

9. Laulenture

No because of the engine, the madness engine works in a way that makes modding impractical, you can do it and there are mods out there but it's tough. Might also be a licensing thing but that's speculation on my part.

10. Wolfgang Herold

cheese wah-wah ?? :D

11. Laulenture

I don't think it will be just that, Renato already stated that pt3 will be bigger than initially planned so I think we can expect more than just one car and 3 tracks.

12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Well the guy who wrote this is a beta user, so...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Laulenture

Maybe he just pulled random numbers or simply, which would not surprise me in the slightest, not all of the new content is in the beta build. Free DLC content is also planned to release with 1.4, there's no way there's only 4 things coming out. Either way I've read what the guy said, I just don't believe in the validity of these numbers, they also do not align with Renato's words and I'd rather believe him than some guy.

14. Wolfgang Herold

mod support does not bring more players. Best example is iRacing and ACC. Many players, no mods
    RF2 has many mods, good Steam Workshop distribution for that and also just few players.
    AC is the exception, not the rule.
    AMS1 has many South American players with very low powered PCs (hardware prices are very high there ) and as based on RF1 you can play it on old Core2 or similar PCs.
    Many AMS1 players from there complaint about how hardware hungry AMS2 is and they can't play it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

Totally unrelated to AMS2 I suppose, but I always recommend the Deepl translator to people (https://www.deepl.com/translator), I really think it has surpassed Google by a large margin. It seems to have handled the text you posted fine as far as I can tell, other than maybe this part: "insbesondere beim allseits beliebten Grasmoloch aus den USA," which I assume is a reference to iRacing?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah but those are built around MP wich is something AMS2 has a long way to go yet.
    Also the hardware part I dont think it's quite like that, PC gaming market here is pretty big, but in the end yeah, thats probably why AMS1 still has players. If AMS2 will be so focused in single player it would be a good thing to have mod support, but it seems the engine is not good for it as @Laulenture said. Probably what's really keeping AMS2 from reaching more people is a lack of proper MP.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

If already, there could be a migration of existing cars and tracks in Project cars...

18. Wolfgang Herold

so often discussed here, for those who don't know.
    AMS2 started with the last state of source code of pCARS2.

No , they can't just migrate any existing cars or tracks from PC2. You need to get the license for every car and every track you use in your game. All tracks used in AMS2 are NOT copied from PC2. Renato stated that on several places several times. Azure coast was in the beginning, but was fully new done about a year ago. Some cars from PC2 are given from SMS, but that are just compatible models, the license to use the must be there and signed by Reizsa
    There are some mods from pc2 cars around, but modders have to spend much effort to make it AMS2 compatible. no copy and paste and add to DB
    Please stop speculation what can/could if you don't unterstand licensing and content creation.
    This is just christmas wishes

• Dislike x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  19. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

we were talking about mods and not official additions. You didn't teach me anything with your tirade

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also they cant use all pc2 models any more. EA are not giving out any more pc2 assets, so whatever SMS has already given is all Reiza can rely on

• Like Like x 1