1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

And full course cautions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I agree. Some people find it difficult to express themselves without having to put others down. A forum is a place of exchange and I would not like to see a few people deciding what should be discussed or not. The important thing is to discuss calmly and respecting the other even if his opinion is not yours. Also, if some comments irritate people in such a way that they can't keep their nerves, I invite them to not take part in the exchanges or ignore the person.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Japanese tracks are really good. They would go well with a lot of the content in the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Really makes you think who needs to take a chill pill

5. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

You could just Google it too and join in. This isn't two experts sharing knowledge - it's a Google-fu battle. Hilarious.

6. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

they need to delay this update some more, im hitting those new btcc cars in rf2, give me time to catch up.. low attention span for me ;)

7. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I know nothing, i drive.
    One hour of fun and back to the monovolume reality

8. ayrton2388

ayrton2388 Member AMS2 Club Member

Will we get the August dev update this week? Tbh, right now i care more about the dev update than the game update.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

The wait for 1.4 would be a little more purposeful if we had any clue what we're waiting for, except for "there's going to be circles".

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Your lads, there isn t a delay of Dev-update and V1.4. It s all in line with the holiday season in south Germany and Europe as well ….

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

And the weather

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

^100% this!
    I Totally agree that there’s no point dropping new content or the much awaited 1.4 until at least September!
    You only have to look at the steam charts data and use common sense to know that less people are gaming during July and August because folks go on vacation, the weather is too nice to stay indoors and it gets too hot to game at all come the afternoon, especially in VR.
    If you look at what 1.3 did for AMS2 last year ( I don’t even need to mention which month, because you can see the huge jump / spike in the steam charts player count ), how it helped retain more players than pre 1.3 and it was helped further by being released once the summer holidays were over. You would have to be a mad man not to follow that same tactic this year for 1.4.
    Although it is entertaining watching Reiza fans lose it with no new dev update thread, I do think this week it would be nice for them to get the dev update and have something to look forward to in September and make them feel positive again.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
  13. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I certainly don't want it delayed anymore than it needs to be we all have different circumstances so I think it's just best to get it out as early as possible.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Laulenture

What a way to respect your customers than to needlessly delay for months content they already paid for

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Feel free to Google it then, you will unlikely get "a real expert" on a 25 year old series.
    I collected the info I have over years in countless hours, thank you for disrespecting that.

16. James Lee GTE

What ever Reiza do, they can’t seem to win on this forum.
    If they release it now and it’s a buggy mess, they will get slapped with the standard they release unfinished and unpolished content comments.
    If they wait and release it polished, they get hit with the where’s the paid content I paid for one year ago or the where’s the content from the screenshot I saw six months ago, all in the run up prior to it being released. Then all appears to be forgiven once the releases happen or Renato starts a new update thread or simply replies on an existing one.
    It’s the same with game updates which I totally get baffled with. On the one hand I’m told it’s the best sim ever and it’s amazing the way it is, but then on the other hand I’m told it desperately needs an update and we want to know what’s being updated so that we can make comments on the new thread? V1.3 vibes part two.
    I think Reiza are doing the right thing and hopefully 1.4 will have an even larger positive affect on the sim than 1.3 did and long term will help the player base grow and retain those new players too.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  17. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Did it ever occur to you that different people might have different opinions, and because you're in a forum, there's different opinions being expressed? This is not a self-contradiction, because these aren't statements from the same people.

In general, I don't get why you keep on writing posts like this. There's very little people criticizing delays per se, and when they do, it's often related to the fact that paid for content hasn't surfaced even a whole YEAR after it was due, but we've gotten content no one asked for (that was nonetheless welcome) in the same time period.
    But the thing that's been criticized the most by FAR is that Reiza have a compulsory need for deadlines that they almost never meet, and the communication that they won't meet it will almost always be very late or even after the fact. This has, over the years, progressively gotten worse to the point that I keep asking myself if it's even worth booting up this forum anymore, because you actually know more about the game if you just look at the steam page, because that page only talks about things that are actually being released.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. samrussell_98

samrussell_98 If in doubt, go flat out AMS2 Club Member

Rumour has it Michael Masi has gone to work for Reiza…they will be releasing only one half of the dev update later today…other half of the dev update will not be allowed through proof reading

19. James Lee GTE

Of course I’m aware people have different opinions, that’s what makes life fun and gives variety to it.
    Just as you are free to type yours, I and others are free to type ours. That’s what a forum or discord are there for.
    Your first paragraph I will have to disagree with you there, that’s pretty much the definition of a contradiction, or at the very least a double standard.
    Let Reiza do their best and give them the time and space to achieve this.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Laulenture

Except we said "more than it needs to be" and "needlessly delay", half the book you just wrote is pointless because we both agree that it's a good thing they delayed it for polish and stated it multiple times. The people you're complaining about are neither him or me and are a small minority anyway. I swear there are more people complaining about those people than there are of said people..
    And of is that Reiza "can't win on this forum" when everytime Renato even makes an appearance he gets overwhelmingly positive feedback?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1