1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 30, 2022.

1. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I’m not complaining about people, I’m offering them different perspective’s to look at.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

A perspective we already had since forever, almost everyone in this thread already agrees.

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Noo.. Kroketten en Frikandellen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Laulenture

Eau-de-fromage

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

My mama always said,
    “Life’s like a kebab-fritte with the white sauce.
    If you end up on the toilet, ask for no harissa.”

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. Marius H

My mama (and my dad)always said:
    'You can't do that. You can do this. Look out. Better do something else'
    Many years later I still believe I can't do that..

7. Laulenture

Words to live by

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

With respect, I think you've sort of answered your own question there. There's no issues if Reiza staff write update threads or reply to existing ones. Because that's what people are asking for - the communication.

The conversation about delays or content not being delivered arises when the communication channels go cold and there's no way to know when or what to expect. Genuine question: was this an issue on the forum when there were monthly dev update posts?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2022-8-11_15-14-44.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha, I think you are Renato and wrote this using a fake account! :D:D;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Apologies for the delay and the quick response , but bloomin raceroom only went and dropped the GT3 Ferrari 488 Evo a couple of hours ago and I’ve been playing it ever since, amazing wow, must buy!
    I had this discussion a bunch of times before and my most recent answers are in this thread post numbers 1114 and 1121. They cover what you are asking, in a round about way and my opinion on it.
    Right I got some sweaty sim racing to get done, with all these sim racing game updates and content drops this week, it’s so hard to plan what and where to race next.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. bmerrell

bmerrell Member

To all those who have said "a delay is better than a rushed product," I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, I think you're misreading the annoyance people have with Reiza. I think the annoyance is quite reasonable, so I'll try to explain.

If Reiza hadn't promised (or heavily implied) a specific delivery date, I suspect most people would still be waiting in eager anticipation. We understand delivering a great product can take substantial time.

We are frustrated only because Reiza told us to expect the 1.4 update by late July. Then, on the last day of the implied delivery window, Renato announced the team would instead delay by several weeks. At the same time, he promised to post a development update within a week that would provide more news and context. 10 days later, we still haven't seen the heralded post. (Yes, Renato explained that he was busy with his wedding---congrats, by the way!---and I completely understand that such an event can wreak havoc on a person's schedule. On the other hand, surely he should have anticipated that he would be occupied by that event. The fact that he's making this excuse once again shows either poor planning or a lack of respect for AMS2's users. Why promise a development update within a week if there is a high probability he won't be able to deliver one in that timeframe? Just say that when we do receive the 1.4 update we'll understand why the delay was necessary and we'll hopefully agree the delay was worth taking.)

Again, if Reiza hadn't ever set a release timeline for July (and an update by August 7th), I'd simply be minding my own business, hoping progress was going well and hoping I'd see the update at some point within the next few months. Very, very few people in this forum are complaining about long development timelines. We understand that making an excellent product with a relatively small team can take a huge amount of time, and we know unexpected complications can cause substantial delays. We agree Reiza should not deliver a half-baked product and should take the time to quality-check the update before publishing it. I simply want Reiza to realize they should build more time for these processes into their own self-declared timelines. They should no longer promote delivery dates until beta-testing has already progressed far enough for the team to be 100% sure it will meet its publishing target. Alternatively, the team should set public delivery dates farther into the future so they can beat their public targets rather than push them back.

For example, if Renato had promised a vague delivery timeline such as, "by the end of September at the latest," we would still be waiting happily. If they happened to release the content some time in mid-August or early September, we would praise the developers for beating their own expectations. But because they picked the end of July, we instead feel (once again) that they created their own self-imposed deadline, raised expectations, built hype and anticipation, and then failed to deliver. That type of repeated behavior makes me less likely to trust any promises Renato makes in the future, makes me less excited about forthcoming updates, and makes me less likely to suggest AMS2/Reiza when other people ask what sims they should try. I am not unique in feeling this way, and these types of reactions are bad for the popularity of the sim and bad for Reiza in general. They're also completely avoidable if Reiza becomes more careful about announcing specific dates and delivery windows.

TL;DR: Take whatever time you need to create a good product. But don't post timelines unless you know you'll be able to meet them.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Scotty always had the right idea. "It will take me 4 hours to repair the warp drive." Then when he has it done in 2, he looks brilliant.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  15. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

Ach, it's the Madness Engine Captain, she cannie take no more!

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Here's another footnote to put in The Great Reiza Forum War (2022-) I suppose

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey wasn't Renato on his honeymoon just recently? And now he's getting married?! You Brazilians are doing it in the wrong order, just for your information :):D

18. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Don't disagree with the sentiment behind this. But there is a clear pattern now.
    Folk have two choices - get used to the repeated delays and missed deadlines or push for Reiza to work in a different way.
    One of these options requires only personal change, and the other requires someone else to bend to your will.
    Feel free to be frustrated - but don't be under any illusion that your frustration will lead to changes. By now it should be clear that this is the way that it is, and this is the way that it will be.
    Getting frustrated and explaining why you don't agree with Reiza's attitude to "deadlines" is understandable, as is suggesting alternate ways of working. But it isn't likely to lead to changes.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Laulenture

I think what happened is that they legally got married and went on their honeymoon during the lock down so they couldn't make a big wedding party, now they did

20. Marius H

Guys. Have you ever thought about mop and cleaning robots? I want to spread the word how awesome they are.