1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Change log be like

upload_2022-8-11_20-40-30.gif

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  2. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. Open gt cars are too old specs to be in more modern gt3.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. hb22

hb22 Member

Thanks for the detailed update !

Will the full course yellows and (future) pace car work in normal races, or just Racing USA Ovals? Thank you

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It's a lobby setting so you can have it on/off for any tracks if I am not mistaken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. FCY works in normal races too

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Does tracks as Interlagos, Jacarepagua and Curitiba ovals will be considered oval tracks as these new ones or will run as done now?

What you mean "for a Brazilian"? We Brazil had English beaucoup very fine speech pra caralho, porra!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

What a pleasure to read this, greetings yourself.

I had hoped for this some time along the development of the sim, because it's simply such an excellent open wheeler simulator - to hear that it'll come now is absolutely lovely. The pCARS Indycar was such a disappointment, but driving-wise, I have full confidence that this will be the complete opposite.

Very worth! That was such an important feature that was missing in pCARS, great to hear you've nonchalantly implemented this as well!

I would've loved to hear more about this - how is it going to work without a pace car? Does the leader get a speed limit he can't exceed and everyone else is free to catch up? Are the laps the FCY goes on for pre-determined or are they determined by the severity of the crash? Does every spin bring out the FCY, or just damage, or parts lying on the track?

Sounds hugely promising and the best representation of safety cars in sim racing (save for the F1 games) - but I'll wait until this is actually properly announced, because "near future" can mean a lot of things.

Mid-Ohio? Pretty please?

I always wondered how the officially licenced Brazilian Stock Cars could be one of the standouts of the game, but the Copa Truck fell this far behind in terms of quality. Very pumped to see these shine; it's one of the best populated and represented classes after all.

This could be so, so huge if it really works as described here. Quickly degrading soft tires in, say, a modern Indycar, are such a huge part of racing there, and similar things go for a lot of other series.

!!!! Another huge, huge part of real racing that is underrepresented in almost every sim I know. Very excited to see how this plays out - and also the rubber thing is of utmost importance with the introduction of ovals.

This, in my opinion, is probably the most important part of the whole update. There have been many bad impressions of AMS2 because of remaining wrong setups and other issues, and in order to play the game properly, you would have to have read every dev update closely, which many users simply never do. Excellent decision to take time and implement this in my opinion.

Just one qestion: Does this also apply to AI? Because I feel it's quite unfair if I can suffer these things and they don't.
    Oh damn ... it seems my time of being able to brag about being a pad driver on page 1 of populated leaderboards is now over. But I'll still try my best!

I hope you guys have done away with the somewhat unfortunate need for the host to press "continue" and the lobby being stuck if he doesn't, but I guess that's something deeper to fix.

All in all, I have no idea how you managed to get this much progress with such a relatively small team of developers. Hats off to you, and let's hope the update lands roughly where it's supposed to do - but if things don't quite add up 'till the end of August (and you tell us in advance), I'm sure we're glad waiting a little more, because you definitely did not undersell this in your previous posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Is that planned to come to classes other than formula classes like the GT1 as well? I just made a post about it (among other things) here: Automobilista 2 June 2022 Development Update
    Would be very interesting to know!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Something I'm wondering about AMDM is: will there be visual indicators of damage sustained to engines and stuff (eg a little pop up saying Engine Misfiring or Coolant Leak) or will it just be up to the player to gauge based on car feeling, engine temps or the fact that they're suddenly on the side of the track doing their best Sainz at Austria impression

• Like Like x 3
  10. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the addition of the 2022 F USA, AMS2 has every single car I would ever spend extensive time driving. Literally every car I would ever want to run in a dedicated series. All my favorite simcars are in the game now and even track wise there is a ton of content. (Not saying I don't want more, but what is there currently could keep me busy forever.)
    Happy to see multiplayer is getting attention. I still have a lot of hope for this game but for me, I still need the tire model to be better. In the lower powered cars it isn't that noticeable and I can have a lot of fun (GT4 and F Vee for example) but in higher powered cars I just get a very uneven experience and I find it extremely off-putting. If games like iRacing and RF2 can add feature 10+ years after release, I have no doubt Reiza can do the same. (Please don't take 10 years though :D )
    Great update!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems so, as Renato stated:
    • "With engines, we are working on a variety of different failure modes ranging from misfires to coolant leaks and outright sudden engine failures, which will be impact both player and AI alike. "
    Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dicra

Excellent, I overlooked that. Mechanical failures (especially as they get more frequent the older the car gets) will add a lot to the overall gaming experience. An F-Classic championship simply doesn't feel real if every car finishes every single race.

There was recently talk on Steel's discord on introducing an AI-specific component for their likelihood to have a failing car. Important thing if you want to mod an Andrea de Cesaris AI in the game...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely. They suffer from engine overheating and wear already (recent addition), and will suffer from the same advanced + random unreliability as player.

F-Vintage era is also quite brutal with unreliability/making the distance :).

• Like Like x 2
  14. hb22

hb22 Member

Well I am very excited now. Thank you Renato, the five physicists, and the rest of the Reiza team :D

15. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Not only it will impact AI, it will be a customizable AI parameter in custom AI files.

• Like x 21
    • Winner x 9
    • Informative x 3
    • Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  16. Dicra

Just dropping that like it's nothing in a forum post xD That is such a big thing for immersion!

:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Just this sentence alone is the only one spinning in my head right now....such a teaser as always lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it just bad engines or will bad driving reduce a 60 lap race to 6 laps? What would trigger a misfire?

• Like Like x 1
  19. MrRandom287

MrRandom287 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

With the coolant leak, will it drop on the track and make it slippery?

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats actually a good question. I am interested as well.