Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Supposedly IndyCar has run engineering simulations on "What would it look like to run IndyCars (specifically the DW-12) at Daytona?"

Apparently, the right place to lift of the gas to go into Turn 3 is halfway down the backstretch - 1500 feet (about half a kilometer) away from the turn.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Can it change in the future? Because I'm really into going Nords with the "max final speed" aero pack

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Speaking of Nords, has there been any update about the alleged mesh update it was about to get?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

California Speedway and Michigan are of identical layout and construction. As is Gateway and Twin Ring Motegi. Replace the season opening Homestead for Daytona and you'll have a decent chunk of the schedule.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

I was always really fond of the trucks, but I'd cook the fronts even when holding back?! I always thought there was a bit too much give in the tire walls.
    I've parked them until such time they'd get properly sorted.
    The more I read through the update, the more I'm not so miffed it got postponed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As in mesh are you referring to a new track surface data (bumps) or the track surface details ex. The missing graffiti in AMS2?

7. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Probably refers to this part of the April dev post:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The graffitis (or rather chalk drawings) on Nords always change. It's not allowed to use paint or any other grip altering substance to mark the track; only chalk. This means that the drawings are temporary and whenever paint is laid on track, the track team must pressure wash it away (or at least expose the contact surface). As such, there are no missing graffitis.

Also, close to the start of the season the track will often be heavily drawn due to the off-season weekend strollers coming on track. (Nords is private property, but management turns a blind eye on the off-season weekends since no maintenance work is being done.)
    Once the season starts, many of the drawings simply fade away with rain and rubber. The amount of people sneaking in at night is much, much smaller than the off-season strollers, so most drawings only appear close to notable events like VLN and 24h races and vanish soon after. Furthermore, during the season, it'll mostly be areas that are easy to access by foot that will see drawings.

All of these words, just to say that the drawings we see are just an imagination by the track team and that it's neither right, nor wrong due to the ephemerity of Nords drawings.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So quanitity of chalk drawings should be a seasonal thing, with more in winter and less in summer?

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

There is no winter racing season on the nürburgring. The drawings happen during race weekends, The people that do them want them to be seen. main spots are naturally close to the parking lots and Camping Grounds.

11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

From november to mid-march the track sees no action. Maintenance crews work weekdays and weekends people walk and cycle the track. And since there is less distaurbance on the tarmac, chalk drawings tend to stick longer during that 3,5 month period. But, it's not so much that there are more drawings, but rather that it is much more spread out. A lot of people just want to draw something and not necessarily be seen.

But on the other hand, when big events near close, yes, people will come to the tarmac, mostly on easily accessible places, as previously mentioned, to leave a drawing that will hopefully be picked up by cameras or that drivers will notice.

In the end I wouldn't call it a seasonal thing. Rather that in winter, drawings will stay longer and during the racing season, close to big events, you see a pickup in new drawings.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In the end....it's a game, the nords is known for the track graffiti so why not add more for the sake of visual immersion?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

As long as they take a certain graffiti from AC's version I'm fine with anything upload_2022-8-13_23-57-52.png

• Friendly Friendly x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A certified legend. RIP Sabine... :(

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

This is one of two things I’d like to see in pre pit stop options, wing adjustments and brake blanking adjustment.
    Obviously a time taken allowance is needed for doing so, and I don’t know how easily it can be included into the engine, but it would be key to longer races and changing air temps .

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Maybe REIZA is capable of programming a "Dynamic NS Graffity Changer" :hurrayreiza:

Well boyz, just kidding... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Will there be a pre-public-Version to DL and 2 weeks later the official V1.4? So September will be the date of release.

Nords and Bathurst must be overhaul when it comes to bumps, grip and cutting apexis (Nords)

• Like Like x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Trucks will always overheat the fronts, they have less rubber there than the rears and you can't trick physics when you have a tons heavy vehicle going racing speeds with scrubbed street tires into corners.

This will make them actually understeer more after 2 laps instead of less, so their characteristic is actually a bit out of the norm. Current Copa Truck has certainly too wobbly carcasses and not the best heating characteristics but the front heating will also be a thing after they've been revised, just less "overdone".

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Right now it has what I would call "crippling understeer", where the truck has so much understeer straight out of the pits that's it almost impossible to make tight corners without overdriving it (using the turbo kick to throw the rear around). This then makes the understeer worse and worse until after 10 minutes you are done. Right now I do not believe it's possible to underdrive it and actually make the corners.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I completely agree. Your mentioned points are one of the reasons why they will receive a complete overhaul including full tire overhaul, engine figures and appropriate turbo model like also setup and chassis. :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1