Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't compare a team that is solely focused on building mods and deliver one of them every six months or one year with a game developer that is providing new cars (sometimes more than one) every month and tracks and so on.
    I think it is certainly a nice to have to be able to see all of the carbon pieces making up a car and the access ports for fuel, suspensions etc (by the way the one you are showing isn't the fuel port but rather the electronics port. Fuel is definitely not going where the electronics port is), but frankly it has zero priority in the picture of what is left to 3D model in AMS2 IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe the dev making it was working on it in an active war zone. The model isn't as detailed as it's competition, but we're lucky to have the car at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I don't think I'm hard on it, I'm judging it by the standard Reiza has set with the rest of their content. The other cars look pretty good, including the other generic cars and I have no complaints with any other aspects of the car. I'm also not very upset at the car, the only things that upsets me is this silly argument tbh..

F1 22 is completely irrelevant, this game's MyTeam car actually mostly has the same issues I have with Reiza's.

I just said the same thing... I've also said ten times I'm not asking for that level of detail, I'm using them to make a point that you can have an original design and it being good...

Said that too.. Also said it's mindblowing he did it anyway, mad respect for Sandro.. But that still doesn't make it a model up to Reiza's usual standard..

But whatever, guys...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ferrariman601 would disagree but the FA22 is great as well especially with the visual changes with the different aero packages.

5. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I can see it's getting out of hand so I'm just gonna say I understand that theres some improvements to be made but the part I disagree with is that they need to remake it. I don't want to argue with you as this is written lightly but please try and be more respectful of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

It's not a silly argument, but it's an argument that just plain annoys you. I invite you to moderate your remarks which are not respectful. I will add that I haven't seen many people complaining about the 2022 Ultimate Formula. Maybe people have understood that this is a representation that does not need to be 100% faithful .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

How is it disrespectful to say I respect Sandro (the person who modeled the car) but I think that specific model not as good as the rest of their work and I'd enjoy it if it was improved while using their own work as the goal? I've also never said there's a need for it, my original words literally start with "On a more personal note", setting it as subjective.
    Only thing I've said that I think is indeed disrespectful is calling the current model "half the job" which I take back and apologize for.
    This is a good example of why I call it silly: yes it's a representation of the 2022 cars, the Gen1 is also a representation but of the 2019 cars yet doesn't have the weakness I mentioned... It's irrelevant.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rollo

Rollo New Member AMS2 Club Member

SO, the update guys! Cant wait :)

• Agree Agree x 13
  9. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Just because YOU believe something doesn't mean it's true.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I also can't wait for the update to be rolled out. Hope oval driving is good for controller gamers. On PC2, I had a lot of difficulty. I remain confident as I'm quite happy with the playability so far. There is of course room for improvement.

11. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

ACC One is laserscanned (AC version) but its the only one they didnt scan themselves and rather bought the scan data from someone else.

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula ultimate gen2’s model is good enough for me and I think most people here. Remember that we got it for free and rss/vrc sold theirs for money as paid mods.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

My personal model issue has always been the F-Reiza, I can't pinpoint exactly what's off about it but it's always just felt kinda off to me
    The model dates back to GSC to be fair so maybe it just hasn't aged perfectly but there's something not quite right about it compared to its real counterparts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (I know its not meant to be a 1:1 replica but the RB7 is generally the closest so that's my example)

14. rmagid1010

Maybe at this rate you should ask Renato for a job and fix the car models you aren’t happy with :p

In all seriousness, I did notice the front wing being too low in showroom mode but its not something i notice whilst racing so I dont mind that much. Incomplete and unfinished cockpit interiors is something I do notice and have written about in these forums before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. MCI Goated

I'll would legitimately work for Renato if there was a opportunity. I just left college.

16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

17. hb22

hb22 Member

Excellent! Hope this means crowd noise etc

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. MCI Goated

Yep I hope to hear a tannoy system,pneumatic wheel guns and just a general ambiance. I fully to expect it to be a W.I.P but any of these would be incredible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's not something I'm expecting but I'd love to hear a sort of reactive crowd system, something like how the first GRID did things back in 2008

• Like Like x 1
  20. rmagid1010

Its cool in the codies f1 game when the crowd waves banners and stuff as you drive past, instead of being motionless sprites

• Agree Agree x 1