1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

For the premium track pack it’s just 1 track left. You forgot Monza.

2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is just a straight copy and past from Steam under the 2020-2022 season pass.

3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

That description needs to be updated imo, the other day I saw a topic in Steam forums with people confused as to what is currently available in season pass. @Renato Simioni @CrimsonEminence

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

100% this!!! The steam page needs to be good as it is critical for sales…

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

Looks great.

I wonder whether not only the dirt will become dynamic but maybe also the rubber? Depending on where cars drive instead of a predefined texture.

6. hb22

hb22 Member

So many new features! Second time this weekend has been announced, I truly hope it means in time for us to play this weekend (ie Friday) and not at 23.59 on Sunday ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Anyone wants to bet?
    F1 is coming back to Spa this weekend. Reiza is also releasing an update this weekend. And remember: they did release Galeão Airport some days before the actual race.
    I bet Spa 2022 will be released.

[​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

I think last I heard mentioned Spa 2022 was planned to be released alongside 70s Spa and Nuerburgring, which was planned for September? But I would absolutely love for you to be correct.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that it is time to start wrapping up Racin USA (since it seems the licenses required haven't even been negotiated yet) and start finishing the other DLC that has been massively delayed.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I got the impression that the plan was never to do an official Indy Car as part of racing USA but then Indy Car approached Reiza rather than the other way around. If you're Reiza and Indy Car approach you about full license you have to sit up and listen. It's not worth jeopardising that relationship in the long term (for them or us) so a few hundred people can get an update.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"IndyCar approaching Reiza about full license" is still an optimistic guess about the situation where the reality is that a long-planned DLC is suddenly in legal limbo and with it Reiza's short-term cash flow. Meanwhile, the Historical Track Pack and Brazilian Grand Prix Legends DLCs rot like the proverbial skeleton at the bottom of the meme pool.

12. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I agree theres no point jeopardising a opportunity for any reason. Reiza know my stance of do it to the best of there ability and however long it takes I'm fine with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think also we should remember Reiza is in the simulator business probably for life. Building a relationship now with a major racing body could benefit for many years to come.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also think that the management of the dirty track is dynamic, there was a video showing the evolution of the track.
    I did not find this video, but here is the one that shows the evolution of the temperatures on the track, it is completely dynamic, and the system for the dirty track is the same kind.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Jean-Yves Mercy

And for the weather :

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Jean-Yves Mercy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Wow, PC2 really did have some impressive tech under the hood, huh? Good to see it finally getting put to use proper

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track rubber has always been dynamic since day 1. What is being done in the release upcoming is increasing the difference in grip between green and fully rubbered.
    Dust will also be dynamic as the tweet was showing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if they wanted to do an official indycar, but they surely wanted the IMS and Pensky licenses, and Pensky owns both Indycar and IMS anyway, what I think happened is that Reiza entered negotiations with Penske for all 3 licenses but Penske just didn't care and the discussions died off.
    Now Penske must have caught wind of the success of Racin' USA pt2 and of Reiza making an unofficial Indycar which motivated them enough to restart the negotiations with Reiza.
    Or something along those lines at least, if Reiza was in legal trouble I don't think Renato would have mentioned the possibility of expanding their plans.
    Removing the F-USA 22 from the dev update and canceling (for now) the release of the car is simply out of politeness and to not rub Penske the wrong way, you don't advertise and release an unlicensed version of a car while trying to get the license for the said car.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The correct version of the story is that Reiza reached out Indy in the past and there was no feedback and conversation stalled (it was mentioned also in the past in the forum by Reiza if I am not wrong). In recent times finally there was feedback and talks re-activated. Very much as the post from Renato summarized.
    I wouldn't assume any additional/negative side to it which wasn't in the post of a few days ago. There could be indeed very valid reasons (both evident or confidential) as to why in the past there wasn't feedback and more recently the two organizations could finally talk, we really don't know.

• Like Like x 2