1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

H
    Hasnt this always been the case?

2. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Never had the issue before, didn't even think about it till I had the issues earlier this evening.

Still, sorted now.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

loving the indycar ovals, Fontana especially with the gen1 car on the edge of killing you all the time. Blasting round with the AI in VR is really exciting and challenging.

I know it was only ever a matter of time before I asked this, but does anyone know if Reiza have plans to add full course yellow data to the shared memory file? CC has some pretty extensive support for FCY calls so it would be really nice to wire this up

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

We're planning to include the FCY signals to shared memory! :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I did a full reinstall and points are back. and so far it looks like TT times are back from previous?

6. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Must say Reiza hit it out of the park with this one, especially a lot of older cars where I wondered about the guys who drove them irl: "How are most of these guys still breathing?"

After driving a few again after the update, it turned into: "These guys must have had a lot of fun!"

I guess there's still a lot of fine-tuning to do, but many many cars made a huge step forward in drivability, I have no clue how realistic (or not) it all is, but I know I want to drive a lot more cars now vs: "Never again!" which probably is a positive thing :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A hotfix build just went out to cover some rough edges that slipped into the earlier release - there will be another hotfix tomorrow to polish a few others that persist, full changelog of these hotfixes will be posted with the second.

• Like Like x 20
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

1) The Copa Truck is amazing now... drive like a dream and is easy a TOP5 category. But the brakes, that were spot on, now don't seems to work as supposed in this vehicles:

8:33

The RL driver (Felipe Giaffone) said that Copa Truck's brake work opposite as with a modern racing car. In a racing car you do a strong stump and them release the brake nicely, but with Copa Truck, you first go nicely and them force it a little more. With AMS2, before the 1.4, I used to do as he say and it worked nice, but if I forced it as a car, it would lock. Now, after 1.4, I break the truck as if I was in a ABS-off GT3. Is that supposed to work like that and I'm fantasizing over it or Reiza will give some more love over this class? Maybe an engine limitation in simulating air brakes?

2) The Mini Cooper for Copa Classic is awkward. It's too much faster than any other car in this class (around 20Km/h faster and with way better acceleration) and I'm doing 5s faster laps at the new uglier version of Spa that do with both the Uno and the Chevette (yes, I tried them again, not comparing with older times). Considering than in RL the Mini is considerably worst than the other cars (both in RS and SP championships), I don't believe that it should be that much faster than it's competitors.

3) Did you give some love to karts? I just tried the regular 125cc at Interlagos 4 and it felt skiddier than before, but as I didn't mess with the setup it maybe just be some placebo.

4) The game is running with a visible lower FPS than before, don't matter the car/track combo. Is that something that you will address?

5) Even the TSI cars are better (or "less worst" in this case since the RL cars don't help lol). Reiza lads really operated a miracle with this update.

Parabéns, seus lindos e um grande abraço!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe New Member

Hopefully the hotfixes fix some of the following things I ran into.
    - Retired cars phase through existence (out of the garage onto the track, and back again) - Experienced on Oulton Park with the GT4 class
    - Wet tyres missing on the 2022 Formula car for the player, AI seems to be able to access them
    - HUD way too large on the monitor when using the Oculus VR launch option

10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

yes im sure about it, I just a phone call with a friend showing "in game" but hes in the garden with family, his PC, or to be precise STEAM is just updating. He has not touched AMS2 for 2 months. Also, Steam logged me another 0,7 hours of "in game" time despite I did not start AMS2 until right now. I guess this is where the high "player" counts after updates come from. Works that way for all Steam titles I guess, since I got logged another hour of ACC just for downloading last DLC.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Artremis

Artremis New Member

Steam charts don't count players updating the game as concurrent players. Otherwise you would see every game having massive player spikes on every minor update which isn't the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

TTOW
    (nothing to do with Toto The Old Wolf)
    Popular with over 140 TT times set in first official challenge

Reiza team/Beta folks
    . :DThanks for the update and extra time put in (onging with hotfixes)
    Nutter trucks are fun
    Big sim Big choices.
    Have fun. (all)
    :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

The MP UI logic is still a bit confusing on my humble opinion.

We aren t still able to joint a P or Q session that is less than 2 min remaining and this is no way to know that they are at this countdown State whitout actually trying to joint the actual session. So you are There and you realize you cannot join the session, you Click Quit but then you are back on the main menu page outside of the MP page with the needs to select again the MP GUi section .... And sometimes this happend 3-4-5 Time in a Row.

Not a big deal but this 2 min could be quite annoying and takes sometimes lot of Time to find a session you can join.

Main menu , MP menu, session, Main menu, MP menu, session, Main menu, MP session ,.session.....

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great stuff, now getting the patch. I wonder if it fixes a bug i've just found with the copa trucks (which feel excellent btw, really good!). You can do everything to blow your engine, then when you do, it tells you the engine is 100% blown, but the truck carrys on??

15. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

As stated in my previous post, I wanted to get a few laps with the new build under my belt before posting any impressions.

Simply put, this update quite literally made me smile, laugh and cry - tears of joy, that is.

While the bugfixes, new features and content are most welcome, what I was looking forward to the most were the further improvements to the tire physics, particularly for those cars that had mostly felt strange throughout the development of AMS2 up until this point.

This includes the F-Vintage, Copa Trucks, Camaro SS, F-Retro, and all Caterhams among others. (I've tried several other cars as well but will limit my feedback to these for now.)

So far, every car I drove felt at least as good as before; most of them, however, feel absolutely sublime now! The Copa Trucks are much more pleasant to drive now (although to me it feels as though they are not 'slidey' enough anymore, even if just to a small degree), the Camaro is near perfect aside from its anemic brakes, and the Caterhams are also much better, if still not perfect. The 620R in particular is just mental - which is by design, of course - but still appears a tad too snappy and nervous, IMHO.

The Formula Retros that I've tried - both Brabhams as well as the Gen 3 Turbo - were fantastic as well.

All of these made me smile, grin and laugh. But what made me shed tears of joy is the transformation of the Formula Vintage cars.

For the first time ever these cars feel as if they are driving on tires rather than pudding. The BT26A and Lotus 49C in particular are so precise, so controllable, they might just have become my favorite vintage race cars across all racing simulations and mods. In fact, I still remember struggling with both, which was especially frustrating since I fell in love with the Brabham's predecessor when I played a modern GPL Demo some time ago.

The generic cars are also a lot of fun, but notably different from these two. The Brabham and Lotus feel rather similar overall, whereas the generic Model 1 feels less precise and more loose and prone to oversteering, while generally being very nimble and fast through most corners, making it an obvious choice for tight and twisty tracks like notMonaco. This is further supported by the default setup and its tight gear ratios.

The V12-powered Model 2 doesn't handle quite as precisely as the licensed cars, either, but it's not as loose or nimble as the Model 1, either. Both G1M2 and G2M2 benefit from having more weight in the rear than the other cars, at least when accelerating out of corners; although this is slightly offset for the G2M2 due to its increase in power, which often results in more wheelspin.
    The long default gear ratios and more powerful engine give this car a clear advantage on the straights, but all of the F-Vintage Generation 2 cars appear to have very similar performance over the course of a lap.

Out of all these, the Brabham BT26A has to be my favorite, closely followed by the Lotus. When I was pushing both of these 'round Kyalami '76, only one phrase came to mind that could adequately describe my feelings:

"Fits like a glove."

Now excuse me while I slowly drift off into sleep, probably dreaming of spending more time with AMS2...

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  16. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah the F-Vintage updates are really something else- not only does it feel on the same level as its AMS1 counterpart now, I'd argue it's even better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Update: Just tried them again, has not fixed it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

'74 Porsche, Formula Vintages and Copa Trucks are all awesome to drive! I did a GT4 race with AI at Brands and it was also great.

The new official events are great too, glad they finally made it in. Can't wait to see what Reiza is cookin' up next!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

..and the F-Retro's,not to forget!:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Craig Dixon

Craig Dixon New Member

Unbelievable Work Reiza I am Godsmacked how good your Simulator Is now.
    I have been Sim Racing since getting Project Cars 2 then Assetto Corsa and then using only Acc..
    Now I only use Ams 2 and Dirt Rally 2, Both
    Sims cover all bases of Racing

The Ai is now Amazing and as a guy that only has the time for quick Single player this is the best and highest recommendation i can give you guys. Know one does this better.
    Handling physics FFB and graphics are Astonishing...
    All I wish for now is Ferrari added to GT3 class and Ford and Chevy Camaro late 60s Muscle cars...Trans Am series type like the Mustang RTR and Camaro Z28 from PC2...

• Like Like x 4