1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I also just turned left the whole evening. :)
    Now, it is 03:20 a.m. here, I might go to sleep ( and go on turning the wheel left while dreaming:rolleyes:)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I usually like to race the F-Trainer so I thought I'd give that a quick go with this latest update. I find they are great fun but I do in fact agree that they have become way too drifty. I'm drifting my way around Guapore (which like I say is fun, but I doubt its how the trainer should handle) so I think some tweaking is required here.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oval pack racing is one of the most intense racing you will get. Think Fontana 2015:

• Like Like x 6
  4. J.Morelli

J.Morelli New Member

I'm having the same issue with the Gen3 CART cars...haven't tested it with Gen2 but I've just tested Gen1 and it worked.

Now I wonder, will be there yellow flags for offline races? With pace car and so on? Anyone knows?

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Offline FCY is already in the game, you can set it to on in the rules settings for your race session.

A leading pace car is also planned to be implemented for future AMS2 versions.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yellow flags already work with offline. Pace car is foreseen to join later as far as I remember.

Ninja'd by Crimson :D

7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

the "wierd" setting is manual update only, I have to klick "Update" manually. It shows me (and others) "in game" for the duration of the update... which can take long at 2Mb/s

8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to everyone at Reiza--the huge amount of work on display in V1.4 elevates AMS2 to where it belongs. There are so, so many intoxicating car/track combinations....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

A lot of people just get acquainted with how a game plays and when they migrate to another title is not anymore a question about how better or more realistic (in the case of sims), but how much it behave like the older reference game. It happens a lot with competitive RTSs, FPSs and fighting games. All new games in these genres can't fall too far from what Starcraft, Counter Strike and Street Fighter 2 were in the 90s... all changes were just as strict as possible and usually just really noted by more hardcore gamers. There were no lack of titles in those genres coming with new ideas (and excellent ones) and even a renewed approach... but some gamers just don't like changes.

In other topic I joked about rFactor 2 players, saying that if you give a real car to them, they will claim that the RL tyres are too arcadish. In a way, I believe that there are a good number of AMS1 players that have the same behavior and will never get along with AMS2, no matter what you do.

Abração!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

hello
    can you develop a bit more?

because I also feel on a reasonable amount of cars that their behaviour has become more understeery compared to prior update.

and I control my tires temps and pressure but even in ideal conditions, including a dry and sticky track, I feel understeer is somehow exaggerated.

Applies to the Street cars like the Camaro SS, GT3s like the M6 or open wheelers the F1 V10
    I have never had the time to do cars set-up so its not that influence .
    will do more testing today when family time permits to maybe alter my judgement hopefully because the amount of efforts Reiza put in this update is tremendous and I want to give it justice for my own personal usage.

PS if someone tells me the Ultima GTR is driveable then please share how because its back to the crazy rear sliding all over the place as soon as you marginally floor the throttle, including on a straight line in 3rd lol)

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tip to try to mitigate FCY fests: penalize drivers who cause FCY with severe rating deductions.

I understand nobody currently cares for the MPRS, but still.

12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I know this is minor but I hope we can get the TC level properly reflected on the GT3 Dash soon. It was showing as 2 for me initially but was actually set to 6.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Disobeying FCY should be, maybe not so much causing one. I saw several drivers just completely ignore the yellow and try to gain places. Maybe restarts need some work too, given people further back will try and gun it before the leader hits the line.

Edit: it's hard to moderate this just by using the game AI. Overall it's not too bad, but open lobbies will always be chaos.

14. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

I did a quick test on the F-USA cars this evening, the '95 and '98 versions. All I can say is WOW! Previously the '95 F-USA cars had an odd rearward slip through corners. Now the cars will be VERY nervous on the warmup lap, but feel much more planted after the tires are warmed up.

On to the '98 F-USA cars, same idea. A really nice change, a beautiful feel for the cars. I am not a racing driver in real life, and it is highly unlikely I'll ever drive a 1998 Champ Car, but once the tires were up to temperature, the car drove like I remember seeing on TV, like one can see in race replays. Stable, predictable, but not to be pushed without caution.

The wet weather tire update is great too. F-USA wet tires work in the rain! Slicks are useless when the track is soaked!

Brilliant job Reiza! I know my opinions above are absurdly qualitative, but there was a big WOW-factor driving tonight. A revolution rather than evolution in the physics. This is probably one of the very few times I've driven a car outside rFactor 2 and had such a sense of amazement.

One quick request: Pretty-pretty please add a controller option to adjust turbo boost.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No I edited the rcf files for PC2 to change tire logos, add multiple custom liveries, remove liveries I didn't want used, etc

• Like Like x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a pretty big handful right now, i agree. It's drivable though and needs some accompanying info on that matter:

It's one of the fastest accelerating cars on the planet and ingame on beefed up road tires.
    I certainly agree with it understeering at turn-in and being a bit snappy overall.

Most important especially for the first 2 laps: Don't go full throttle immediately and brake early, especially when tires are cold.

Tire warm up has gained significant importance with this update in general for all cars, even pre-heated ones and will likely be even more refined in the future (like also tire details themselves), now that AMS2 is on a stable baseline.

Track rubber has similar importance because too low rubber can be less grippy but more "analogue" in slideyness, while heavier rubber is more grippy but more "snappy" in return because friction wants to be overcome in a different less gradual way now, which can affect braking, accelerating and initial turn-in both ways.

3rd Lap has Telemetry HUD with pedal inputs up.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Thanks
    Appreciate the quick reply
    As I mentioned I am very cautious of tires temps and track conditions in my judgment and yes the Ultimata must be really hard to balance in a simulation considering the specs of the beast indeed

but I am focusing more on the other car groups I mentioned to understand if my assessment of increased understeer is valid or not
    I know it can be compensated with setup adjustments but not so much time for fiddling around
    Anyway let’s see what my Japan Sunday afternoon can allow me as driving time on this Game

18. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance you will be able to raise that limit by just 1 car (to 33 car grids)... you know, just in case certain IndyCar things happen :whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

A couple impressions:

There are only two ovals I like out of the three. I like the Fontana Autoclub Speedway oval and the Daytona one, WWT Raceway oval is too short for me, it looks similar to a Brazilian oval track already exist in the game. My favorite is the Daytona. I drive the Ultimate Formula gen2 and AI is very competitive throughout the race...that was fun. I set skills level to 85 and aggressive to medium, sunny, rain, sunny rain slots (10mins race). And the AIs started to change to wet tires exactly the moment I want to change tire as well...that was good to see everybody doing the same. Now, I notice there is something wrong with the Fontana oval track pertaining to AIs performance. They always manage to speed ahead of me and I cannot catch them for the life of me. The skills and aggressiveness are similar to the one I set at Daytona and yet Daytona was competitive throughout. Not so with the Fontana oval, so it seems like something ain't right even if I reduce the skills and aggressiveness.

I am also impress with the sound effect in the oval. When the car is near the wall, the engine sound louder near the wall but diminish as soon as you move away from it (that was cool and satisfying to hear...the screaming of the engine MY GOD!!). I also like how the tall fences in Fontana Autoclub Speedway oval cast shadows on the windshield as you drove by...that was some sick effects. Also, at night...there are lights around the ovals so that means I can race in formula cars at night time finally. I hope they add lights around Interlagos oval as well (one of my favorite tracks).

The cars I like to drive in the ovals are the Ultimate Formula gen 2 and Formula V10 gen 2. For some reason, I don't like driving none of the USA Formula in oval tracks, the sensitive of their weight shifting too much where as those heavy low down force cars like Ultimate gen 2 and Formula V10 gen 2 are more ideal for ovals to me. Funny before ovals came out, USA Formula were my favorite, but not on ovals lol. Still great driving anywhere but ovals though.

There is also some bugs like crashes in Daytona oval using a specific car i can't remember which but I had to shut down and restart the game. Also, there is a bug where if I select car A and drive in track B...but once I finished the race and get out to the main menu...it doesn't show car A, instead it keeps showing a previous car selected. Another bug, where it let you set MAX cars....it doesn't give me max car for a specific track...like instead of 32 cars, it gives me 28 and I KNOW that particular track allow 32 MAX lol.

By the way, I didn't get to experience Full Court Yellow? Is it in the game? I thought I have the penalty set to ON. And I didn't hear any crowd sound in Auto Club oval. Speaking of sound, I would love a LOUD THUNDER SOUND during rain in the background for amazing effects (this will enhance the VR experience for sure).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  20. Justdave

Justdave Member

Same. My favorite car. Needs work.

• Agree Agree x 4