1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Justdave

Justdave Member

The F-Trainer is fantastic in AMS1...not so much now..

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

I have to come back to limited liveries. It s very disappointed to have only 6 or 7 liveries per GT car. To limit the grid-size due to performance reasons is OK but the number of liveries doesn t fit to that argue.
    To me this is the game changer in a negativ way and I hope you solve that prob.

Unbelievable to race with the same 4 x 6 liveries all the time :(

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FCY are a setting in the rules and penalties menu at the very bottom. Make sure to hit save before exiting or the settings won't save.

4. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

No, the """""real""""" model (because AMS2's is semi-fictional) seems to be very iRacing about grip:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

what solution used to make spa 2022? laser scan? or otherwise?

6. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it is not an ideal solution from my point of view. I can understand why they made the decision, although I am not a big fan of their execution, and ultimately I'd like a better solution long term.

For certain cars in GT4 mainly the Ginetta it had way more choices than any other GT4 car so chances with the way cars are selected is you'd mostly get Ginettas. I think they went a little overboard on reducing the number of liveries in GT3 specially and IMO some of the better looking stock ones were removed that I personally liked more than some of them that were retained.

Ultimately IMO the best solution isn't to reduce the number of liveries available, but to work towards giving players full agency over what exact cars that are selected for the grid in game. Something like R3E offers would be the best situation to me. That way it doesnt matter how many liveries cars have, players would have the final say on what specific cars end up in their grid. With the current system and custom AI files we can achieve this outcome with a lot of work and multiple file savings, but it just isn't ideal. I am not sure why most modern sims refuse to implement an actual way to customize the grid to exactly what cars we want, but this is a problem across the board with R3E being the only exception. The new system is def better than what we had, but the goal should hopefully be giving players access to set their own grids with the exact cars we want and restoring the livery spots we lost.

Another downside with the amount of liveries cut from the likes of GT3 is it makes a full 32 grid race impossible without duplicates at the likes of Spa, Bathurst, Imola, etc, which isn't ideal considering even 32 cars on track can be smaller than what the real life races host.

But that might get me started on the likes of some tracks having only 20 available spots on the grid and that's a whole other rabbit hole for me to go into.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Good to hear.
    I haven't tested the F-USA cars after the update, but all the cars I have tested, feel better and possibly more intuitive to slide around, rotate at the corner and counter steer.
    So far I've tested out the Sauber Mercedes C9 (a favourite of mine), the Ginetta G58 (which feels a little better too, even though it was excellent before), Formula V-10 Gen 2, McLaren F1 GTR GT1 and both of the Formula Classic Gen 1 cars (which I'd forgotten how much I love to drive, as I haven't played with them in a month or two). They all feel really good. The Sauber C9 is possibly the only one that feels maybe a little harder to corner, but my lap times are still good, so I think I probably just need to let my brain recalibrate to the way the car feels now, as I've spent a lot of time in that car.

All in all - I'm very impressed with this update and the improvements.

I think I might try out the Formula USA Gen 2 & Gen 3 cars a little later today.
    I didn't really like the feel of the Formula USA Gen 1 cars before v1.4, but perhaps they will also feel a bit better (and the same goes for Formula Retro Gen 3 - I couldn't really get on with them very well pre v1.4).

Happy driving.

• Like Like x 1
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

I don't know how to say it... but in Fontana Sports Car Course, you are racing at a huge penis/piróka. Now I don't know who have the elementary school mental age... me (for have seen it), the lad that drawn the track or both of us lol

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Spielberg not playable! Cars enter to the pit after fake manouvre!. The problem is big in this version!

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That was my impression too, so that's three of us.

That tightening turn at the and of the tip is orgasmic when taken right... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

mqdefault.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder why my update was only 2.9gb and not 4+GB like others have mentioned?

14. hb22

hb22 Member

I am not sure if it was fixed with hotfix 1, or if it is only an intermittent problem, but grandstands were full on my race this morning :)

15. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Are you a VIP ? (joke)

16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The whole livery thing ordinarily wouldn't worry me too much, but it really rears its ugly head in multiclass. I set up a 32 car multiclass gig with GTO, GTE and GT3 at Silverstone, and fully half of the cars had the plain red (missing livery) paintjob

17. benvelor

benvelor Member

short try, but I notice the IA overtake problem is still here
    classic G3, donington, aggressive setting high and max, but the IA can't overtake slower car
    the race is like a train...

i've done a clean install

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Gyarmati Dávid

Gyarmati Dávid New Member

Thank you all who worked on this update! The car is now connected to the road until you stay on it or lockup. Big improve, but still impossible to catch spins with some cars, and the curbs are still like a black hole. I almost cant turn with F ultimate 22 when curbing.
    I hope reiza will found a solution for this issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Interesting that manually updating sets you as in-game. Auto Update and even High Priority Update neither add to your playtime nor show you in-game. I've been playing the beta exclusively the past weeks and haven't had time to play since v1.4 released and it shows the release version as last played on 12.07.:
    upload_2022-8-28_9-54-12.png

And to show that it has been updated, this is yesterdays hotfix that was installed today for me:
    upload_2022-8-28_9-55-15.png

So while there may have been a few in the steam charts that mereley updated the game, but still many that actually played it.

20. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I was also only 2.9gb

regards

• Informative Informative x 1