1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Apologies for sounding stupid but….. I don’t know if I am missing a car, can anyone confirm if there is a specific Ultima GT3 race car? I have an Ultima but in notes it said the Ginetta was added to the Ultima GT3 car class and I cannot find one

thanks

2. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a GT open class now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sputafuoco

Sputafuoco Member

with the new patch i have terrible performance, if i race with the rain i stay in the 50 fps and when i tried the time trial of the week with only with my car and the track i do only 60 fps, when before with my config (rx 6650 xt and r5 3600) i was playing at 75fps (75hz monitor) locked in every situation

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Same here

5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here, 2.9GB for release version, but 4.1GB for official Beta....

6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

The sim it's getting there.

FFB needs a touch about front end feeling:
    I have AMS2, ACC, RR and rF2, and AMS2 cames last in that regard.
    With custom FFB, we can really make our special favour, but not with front end of the car.
    I guess, with a FFB more front end oriented can transform the driving feeling many have talked about (the floatiness effect).

Physics wise:
    Test this: no ABS, no aids, long and large straight - break hard and turn sharply left or right - keep the brakes locked. Once the car starts to rotate, there something going on that deserves a look - the car seems to have auto-correction has the car doen't want to rotate uncontrollably as it should.
    If the grip is low, it works fine as the car goes straight away (in this case, the car doesn't start a rotation).

The amount of improvements this sim gets over time makes me feel optimist - I'm not known for for optimism! ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I used mine last night and it just worked. Didn't delete any folders just let the update happen. But also there may have been some small updates since than that broke it maybe.

8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You cannot compare beta and main release patch sizes as one use delta compression and the other don't. Steam patching is working ok, no need to worry about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Depends entirely on your (custom) FFB settings. In ACC and R3E I can't feel any difference in front grip when cornering, it's like the FFB is just a constant elastic spring. In AMS2 with rFuktor 5.1 I can feel perfectly the level of front grip.

This doesn't make much sense to me, but the behaviour under brake lockups will strongly depend on where the brake bias is set and how the weight of the car is distributed. And there is no "auto-correction" unless you turn stability control on in the driver aids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. locosuizo

locosuizo New Member

First thank you for the work! i'm excited for next days in ams 2.

Had not a lot time to test, but comments are promising

Find a Bug in Spa 22 -> when you crash the left wall after last corner in spa the car get stuck an wheel geos crazy.

11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried oval racing (F-USA gen3) @ Daytona vs AI and started (as always) from last position. But I was too slow and the whole pack continuously increased their distance to me until at some point I could no longer see them at all. I even reduced the AI difficulty but still no chance. In NON-oval races I can plow through the field of AI-drivers and have no problem winning the race.
    Any ideas what I do wrong? I was at full throttle almost the whole time but just couldn’t close up to the opponents. Do I have to fiddle around with setups? I thought they are set automatically for oval races?
    Then I tried one of the new ovals and suddenly had a standing start instead of a rolling one like in Daytona?!
    Maybe I’m too bad for oval racing…

12. Br1am

Br1am Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to start off by saying I really appreciate all the work going in making AMS 2 better with every update. It has revealed a lot of potential in the madness engine, but most of all AMS 2 is a fun and engaging driving sim for me.

However there seems to be a big issue with the levels of grip overall, highlighted more by specific cars than others. Ever since update 1.3.8 the cars feel like driving on a very green track, even on heavy rubbered in tracks and optimal tire temp/pressure. There is way too much turn in understeer, way too much power oversteer, and in neutral corner coasting there is very little lateral grip even in the most optimal conditions.

Now you could say, this is mainly due to default setups, as it is possible to make most cars more neutral and grippy with some setup adjustments. I tried that and it works. This is fine, as long as it rewards you with a better laptime as well.

This is where the biggest problem lies for me at this point. Yesterday on the release I joined a server with a livestream on YouTube with a full 24 player lobby for 5+ hours. Every quali and race was won by the guys who said they were ‘hovercraft driving’ it. Basically overdriving and powering out way too early in corners. Cleaner, more realistic driving/handling is not rewarding at this point. Which breaks all immersion for me, at least in multiplayer.

For some reason it feels like driving over the limit is the only thing possible, as the levels of grip make it feel the limit is reached very fast even with speeds well below track pace. A positive is that the handling feels natural and predictable, and the ffb is informative. That means I can comfortably hold a 80-100 meter drift in a group A car, whenever I feel like it. However, if this is required in every race to even be competitive, the fun disappears quite quickly.

I hope Reiza will look in to this, as I feel it is ALMOST there to be truly magical. Again, thanks for the hard work guys.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I will test this shortly.. Thanks for the report!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. projupiter

projupiter Member AMS2 Club Member

The pack should move faster than a single car I think

15. hb22

hb22 Member

I tried the trucks for the first time, good fun !

On the topic of front grip and FFB, I noticed while truck racing on the ovals that at a certain speed in the corner, the truck would not turn in more even as I applied more and more left steering input (understeer). I imagine at this point the front tyres have lost grip and are fully turned but scrubbing/slipping on the road. However I could not feel this point ocurring through my FFB. I am quite new to sim racing, so I do not know exactly what I expected to feel but I thought I would feel something at this point. This may not be new on 1.4, but I maybe only noticing it now as it is the first time I have tried ovals and had such clear understeer. Many thanks for any feedback !

16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully the next changelog will have a subsection called: Multiplayer, as it seems there is not a lot changed there this update, and lets be honest, that part needs a lot of attention, so hopefully next update.

Great to see the hotfix(es) pushed out this quickly, the things i tried so far in general are quite good

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@tpw - I do not have a issue in beta or public. All liveries are showing both in multi & same class mode.. Do you have any old custom skin/Ai packs installed?

upload_2022-8-28_17-57-26.png

18. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Issues with my dedi server booting drivers drivers on session change, was fine yesterday before the latest hotfix, anyone else having this on theirs?

Keeping an eye on things currently.

19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How many people were on your server when this happened?

After the hotfix yesterday i didn't have any issues, but i know at least in the past there could be issues with more then 28 people on the server if i recall correctly.

20. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

On gateway oval, when there is a rolling start with the formula USA, the AIs touch the wall. Not tried with other classes.
    On Fontana, there is a concern about the player's starting ranking. I positioned myself P10 in the parameters and when I start, I am in P7, sometimes in P8. So I get a penalty because the game thinks I passed before the green light.