Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

What an update!
    This is a big step forward.

I found a bug (maybe already exposed) but having set the buttons for that, I cannot increase/decrease TC and ABS values from cockpit.

2. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

I've been doing donuts with the F3 (the 5 gears one) and noticed that the left front wheel was turning backwards almost as fast as the right front was turning forward.
    I will do some more tests and see if the donuts are nice and round.
    I would expect the front tyres both turning forward when doing good round donuts. Maybe I'm missing or misunderstanding something and someone can explain if that is the case?

3. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I don't know what is going on with the update, but I am trying to drive fusa gen 1 in free practice and it is impossible, the cars spins all the time, no matter the gear, tire temperature, it is just impossible

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Retro Generation 2 mostly, they're a good chunk too understeery and bump steery. We have a lead on it, will be sorted!

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't give much feedback on small FWD as I really don't drive them much. They may have issues, not sure what is happening there.
    What I can say for sure is I generally use GT4-GT3-GTE-GTOpen, DPIs, Prototypes in general, Formula 1s (modern (from 91 onward), Indy, F3 and I don't find drifting really a rewarding style of driving anymore, at least not beyond a reasonable push for a hotlap in quali.
    So, as a minimum I would argue that even taking for correct what you say about those FWD cars it isn't really true that

That is simply not my experience at all.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Really enjoying the new update! The handling and physics are so much more responsive and a lot less “floaty” - the handling before wasn’t bad but definitely was missing an “it” factor that made things feel a little disconnected. And of course the new brakes are so much better as well.

I will join in on those also hoping we get the ability to add more liveries in the future as that’s a pretty pressing issue that is a big damper on immersion. However I trust it’s going to be fixed soon enough :)
    And as usual, if anyone at Reiza can let me know if 3D Viewer files (like we have for AMS1) are ever coming out, or even if there are legal/rights issues making that impossible, I’d love to know either way.
    (I only continue to ask because I’ve done a lot of custom liveries in AC and working in 3D makes creating stuff like this, this, and this infinitely easier in a realistic timeframe :D I’m really enjoying AMS2 and want to contribute even more skins to this growing game!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried but after the hot fix that just went in all cars crash on turn 1 at Fontana and Daytona (FUSA Gen2)so I’ve lost the desire to figure this out. But when things settle I’ll be back.

8. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same with Gen 2. I can barely touch throttle so I resorted to short shifting but even that didn’t work. Only moments earlier before hot fix it was fine.

9. Jivesauce

Jivesauce Colin Alexander AMS2 Club Member

Well now that's a much different point than, "overdriving the car unrealistically is faster," which was one of your original claims.

@Ettore That comment from Tommy Milner is interesting. I've always said I think sim racing provides WAY more steering wheel feedback than you receive in a race car in general, but I suppose it's a way of compensating for lack of feeling everything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Yep, fresh driver install as well, and fresh game install just to be sure. on my system (specs in my signature) the game's CPU/GPU usage rarely ever goes past 50% regardless of settings, seems to be track dependant but in some new tracks it can dip to 35FPS with the usage being around 55%, really frustrating. Tried every resolution and every graphical option, vsync on or off, doesn't matter.

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup something went wrong, apologies guys, another hotfix incoming

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Strange,ok i have a 1080TI but this should be 60 fps also for you.Sorry,but no idea,maybe dirt or dust in the PC/contacts,or wrong settings in Bios...hmmm.you can try GPU-Z to see the PCI Bus frequency maybe there is something wrong.

13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Forget it,have to adjust my driving style...o_O

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  14. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I feel the same. I had it at 90 and aggression to good and race at Autoclub Speedway oval, no matter what the AIs just speed ahead despite pressing the gas pedal all the way all the time. When I switch to Daytona oval, it was competitive all the way to the end giving similar settings and car. So, I guess it depends on the oval track. Even if I reduce skill levels to 85 and aggression medium, it seems to make no difference at Autoclub Speedway oval.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

could this be the same for the f-ultimate gen2, i had some people in our league saying that default setup didn't feel good, i quote @Rocco Thamm :
    15kph slower on str8, but less grip in corners. And it overrotates on power in exits like crazy.

Attached Files:

16. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I was wondering why Daytona has the manual rolling start (even though I did not set it to have it auto rolling start) and not Autoclub Speedway oval. The reason I don't like having rolling start is because it did that weird hiccup push by the motion rig.

17. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Finally sat down and got into the new update. Did a clean install to avoid any glitches.

Overall, fantastic work, Reiza crew!

However...the oscillating yaw and feeble brakes in the Formula Trainer Advanced took it from being a favorite to being one that I avoid driving.

The GT4 Ginetta, on the other hand, is so lovable that everyone should try it!

It has been many years since I last drove an L88 Corvette. But if my old memory serves me correctly, you have the more powerful of the two C3s in-game quite close to reality. Just as heinous and beastly as I remember, LOL!

And lastly, the Copa Classic B Passat, in the beloved Mobil Flying Red Horse livery of course, is even better when I do my lone meditative laps at my adopted home track, Taruma. Very stress-relieving. I'm sure it lowers my blood pressure and cortisol levels.

That's as far as I've explored thus far. But based on what I've experienced, I'd say that the Reiza crew has achieved a significant triumph!

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did that Hotfix come out?

Edit, guess not. Just a small steam glitch

19. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I found that at the ovals the Formula USA gen 3 the button for the weight jacker (increase) doesn't function. The decrease function of the weight jacker works the first times, but after a while it doesn't.

20. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

I give my 2 cents on the update. As a reference I have other sims like rf2, rre and Iracing.
    -porsche cup: now it's finally a great car, needs attention and care when driving. Turn in needs very precise inputs, I like it.
    - GTEs: better than earlier release but still too forgiving and too easy to recover especially if you dive deep in a turn. Just push hard on brakes steer and release. Almost no lockups.
    - Caterham Academy: very close to rf2 one, like it very much, always on the limit of grip but always recoverable. Fun to drive
    - Mercedes AMG GT4, way to understeery in some situations, feels like the front is being lifted and has no grip. Try on nords. Sound needs an improvement
    - Mini JCW: finally is a cool car to race with, predictable and not floaty anymore.
    -M3: handles great but it still feels heavier than it really is. Anyway cool
    - F1 ultimate gen 2: sometimes too easy to recover from impossible situations like 90° slides. Not bad though
    I notice some 10% in FPS improvement. Incredible how optimized the graphics is.
    Going to try more and report my feedback

• Agree Agree x 1