1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Hello, I tested the ovals very quickly following the fix.

Gateway with USA formulas (gen1, 2 and 3) and default configuration. The issues seem resolved, the car doesn't slide too much, and the AI level is back to playable for me. Thanks

Fontana with USA formula gen 1 and default configuration: the car slides too much and the AI level is too high: even at 70, I can't fight. I have not tried the other USA formulas

Daytona with formula gen 1 and default configuration. The car slides a bit and the AI level is too high even at 70. I haven't tried the other USA formulas.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

They're not, but it can be fun doing unintended things, like running F-Classic Gen 1 at Fontana and seeing just how fast of a single lap I can make the car do without it exploding, and the answer is 240mph average, with more left in it for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Reiza have constantly proven people wrong and you have to respect how hard they work and what they have achieved since March 2020!
    People said they could never fix the sticky diff and they fixed it. Others said they would never fix the altitude bug and they fixed it! They delivered extra flavours of FFB and that has improved massively ( I personally would love some front end bite ffb please Reiza haha ) Some of the other issues, well it’s in the game engine, it can’t be fixed and they fixed it. They have a pretty strong track record of fixing what can’t be fixed.
    With their work ethic and obsession to succeed, I’m happy to bet that they will succeed in any area of the game they concentrate on.
    I would say short term we will need to adapt to the driving style in some cars, but long term there’s no doubt in my mind this sim will get there!
    The amount of hot fixes they throw in after an update or big update and on weekends too is massively commendable and shows their appetite to succeed and make their fans / supporters happy!
    They have my respect 100% and although I’m personally not clicking with this sim, I’ll keep trying it until I do click with it and I do believe that one day this will be my daily driver and that it will be for a lot of others too.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I won't spoil it anymore but we can all guess what they could be.

5. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

If they're doing 1992 DTM like it seems, which imo is one of the weakest Group A car lineups, then it's either Audi or Mustang, but they're closer with licenses with a certain other manufacturer which could bring us Godzilla.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Found some time finally to try the new AMS2. Used a combination that I know well RL with the VW Polo TSI and Nordschleife. I don't know what magic you did compard to 1.3, but you transformed that combination from embassaring-undrivable compard to RL into a astoundingly true to life feeling and actually enjoyable.

Congratulations, you made me a fan again!

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He runs every car with sub-360 degrees wheel rotation and has no clue how to drive a car with less aero than a GT3 car. He drove a Corolla 10 seconds off pace once and since then he's convinced every car is just on rails. His shtick about "AMS2 fanboys" has become boring and the man a parody of himself, and his moderators and regulars mostly consist of sad trolls.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

But he's somewhat right, since We use the Polo mainly as shopping trolley and Baby-taxi. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

There are so many things to try in this new 1.4.1.What worried me was the behavior of the f3, the F301 which was very slippery before. Tried it now I'm VERY SATISFIED!The grip feels very good now and the driving pleasure is greatly increased!Thanks Reiza!I also tried the ovals, but I'm not fast: the AI, set at 85%, goes away and I can't see it anymore.However, it is an intense emotion to drive at those speeds in the ovals. I hope that the American fans will be added in large numbers.The FCY system is beautiful!I understand that in ovals it can be annoying, but it is well thought out and applied.I also tried it at SPA, with neutralization of the race and speed limit on the track. Very nice!AMS2 is taking important steps.There may still be something missing, that needs to be fixed,but I'm glad I bought it years ago :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

No, there's legitimately an issue with the 79. The car has hideous amounts of understeer especially on the straights, with vague steering that all makes it feel like you're driving with your front wheels lifted in the air
    Reiza know this problem and are trying to fix it

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I do. It's a cartoonish comparison (Gamermuscle's funny style), but he discribes real well what I feel (more in some cars, less in others).
    It seems as the car pivot point is not correct (hence, the shopping trolly joke). In some cars, messing with seat position (F/R) reduces that misalignment effect.
    I think that's one of the reasons of the "bouncy" concerne many talk about.

And them, there's a FFB/visual incoherence in AMS2. Every bump that moves the car around must have a FFB correspondence or else our brains see that incoherence. Some of us are more susceptible to see this than others (that's for sure), our minds recreate reality in different forms.

Sorry for keep saying this, but these are the aspects that keep many from AMS2. We don't see many of those oppinions around here, they were never here or left. We need to bring them back, and that requires some improvements.

Let's not forget Reiza took a design and is improving over it - it was never Reiza fault to have things like they are/were, but it's their responsability to change that.

I also think these should be the next big things in Reiza priorities, followed by a very good online or offline experience (one of those, best if both).

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Now that is quality banter! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Don't take that position, people have different perceptions and different hardware also makes different effects.

I'm the kind of guy that take negative feedback as it is - a form of pointing what I think is wrong, not a form of hate.
    In engineering we use negative feedback to insure system stability, is not objetively a bad thing.
    And I like Reiza approach. For instance, they left Default FFB and created a new one Default+, so happy users can remain happy. How many of us are still using original Default FFB?

Also don't forget, GM was once very critical about AMS2's differential implementation, many also criticized him for that - Reiza found a bug there and everyone likes the cars more as they are. He could be wrong, I could be wrong, you could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

These guys churn out videos like there's no tomorrow, no in-depth look at the new cars/tracks, never too specific about what class is missing what mark exactly. Just a broad perspective of what they like, and mostly what they don't immediately like out of the box.
    I think GM is a funny guy though, I enjoy most of his content, and at least he doesn't mince words about ACC's terrible shortcomings.
    But what irks me to no end is the haphazard treatment of new content by certain simtubers, a quick glossing over to have covered the item and move on. And then have the audacity to brush it all into the "shopping trolly" corner and be done with it.
    The new Mini(that you get for free, again!)is almost the star of the update for me, much appreciated Random Callsign... The new Vulkan truck(no more cooking the fronts) makes that the copa truck is borderline good enough to be its own title.
    SC pro should be its own game period, they're brilliant.
    Loving the g55 gt3 and AMG gt4 so far.
    "I wish they'd just put out content when it's ready", though with the endless scrutiny of the community at large there's no telling what "ready" means anymore, then immediately acknowledges that's not how it works in the real world.
    Refers to the new rf2 Caterham as an example how things ought to feel... Yeah, great ffb on that thing GM, the steering column feels like it isn't connected to anything. Lord forbid other devs release stuff that might need work after the fact.

Sorry, got somewhat ranty there but the thing is people buy into this disinfo.
    We know there's issues, it's being reported, they're on it.
    Pfffff, 2.5 years of constant work since EA, and all but the gt3 gets reduced to a shopping kart, now I've heard it all:p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I don’t feel that effect at all, in any way, but I was asking a serious question, so I’m glad you’ve stepped up to describe how it feels to you.

Tactile perception can be so subjective, but is there a way that this pivot effect can be objectively demonstrated? Could it be down to some sort of local setup/hardware issue GM has?

GM’s comments are so at odds with my experience of the sim now, that there is clearly something going on here. It’s too easy to point and shout ‘clickbait troll’ (as tempting as that is!). He’s not a complete idiot, so there must be a technical/mechanical reason for his sweeping comments. What’s he doing that makes his experience so different from our experience, and that of so many other people reviewing the latest patch?

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

His wheel rotation is completely wrong and he setups the camera to bounce like crazy because "otherwise he gets motion sickness".

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

18. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

yes you're right, everyone can make a mistake, I can make a mistake, you can make a mistake he can make a mistake. in engineering we are talking about objective conditions, while here we are discussing subjective things that each of us sees differently. It also happens in real life, it has happened to me many times in my life with two drivers with the same car.
    Unfortunately, many believe that if a particular Sim has a different reaction to that Sim, it means they are either deviating from reality or not very effective.
    The reality is that some fail to set their hardware properly and we believe we have the truth in their pockets with every car they try.
    Drive and have fun and use what you like best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I had that feeling with certain cars in the past, especially with the Copa Montana. It felt like the car pivoted in the middle and the rears go left when you turn to the right. I don't have that feeling anymore since one of the later v1.3 updates, I think it went away (for me) when they started updating the tire carcasses.

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with streamers that are just looking to stir the pot and get viewers or with streamers who are acting as comedian is that their feedback is often ridiculously shallow: in the best day, they take car (sometime they don't even realize the developer considers it a WIP) a track, they don't bother to even look what track conditions and temperature they are on and judge the entire sim on that based on a benchmark (usually "sim xyz" that they like) without having any real understanding of what they are doing vs what that vehicle dynamics should be in that condition, so without understanding if their expectations based on the benchmark are correct in the first place.
    Add that some of them come up with such an idea that changing anything in the car setup is cheating, adapting aero to the track is "aeroboying" and they drive with a ridiculously low DOR that is distorting FFB obviously.
    And then developers and community at large must oblige and take seriously such a comedy just because these guys have a lot of viewers of this comedy and their chats among the most toxic in the simracing space?
    I would say, as mentioned before, developers should have their direction based on the real users feedback positive and negative and based on their understanding of the shortcomings of their product not following what is at best a comedian or sometime an influencer looking for clicks.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Winner Winner x 1