1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just took out the academy at DP and I think it feels really good. Once the tires get up to temp that is.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

I add GPLaps to the positive list.
    He seems to me a very good guy, very positive, who tries to understand the motivations of the developer and thoroughly analyzes the sim

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I went to the garage and somehow the left tires are slick speedway and the rights are automatic by weather lol. It’s light clouds they shouldn’t be rain tires. I thought we had only one tire anyway, slick or wet

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Differential induced rotation of the car, not wheel spin.

Did a quick test on the academy as well and it is wierd as it can do perfect donuts rotating around car center spinning both tires in second gear... not exaclty what you can expect from an open diff.

Other than this it's quite reasonable until inner tire spin is kept under control (if strongly overdriven it becomes erratic when the spinning tire regains grip).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I just took the Copa Classic B Uno for a few laps at Jacarepagua 2012 Short. The rear tires were up to 80 C in a couple of laps.

I'm running with all assists set to, "Authentic" or, "Off", and I have full damage enabled.

Also, I did a clean install of AMS2 when I updated to v1.4, and I have all the subsequent hot fixes installed.

I'm really beginning to wonder if any of those things have an effect, because I'm seeing a lot of issues being reported that I do not have.

• Informative Informative x 5
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Livetrack might be happening, when you reloaded there is not as much rubber on the track so less grip for rear tyres

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Needs 1 more tire revision, I'm sure its on the way

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Do you know what else can feel so much different from the rest of the simulators?

Real cars.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. RockyTM

RockyTM Modder AMS2 Club Member

My post was in error.. I have Stream Deck plugin that changes that value in memory, and it was not updated for patch 1.4, so disregard my comment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really last reply on the streamers subject because it's become annoying: the argument that you can find that some cars have issues isn't valid to support certain behaviors or wholesale low level reviews.
    Many people including the developers have stated there are known issues with AMS2 and many more will be rightly found by users including streamers.
    You can always find issues and odd behaviors in any sim (I am too and I am reporting those bugs and issues in the appropriate place), but that is not a good argument to support all the rest of the trash show or to prove the fact that someone like GM with certain ideas and driving habits is knowledgeable of what is right or wrong in a sim in broader terms.
    In this sense I remain convinced that the community should support streamers like GP Laps and others who do serious well prepared in depth reviews, weigh things appropriately and do something constructive for the simracing community by highlighting issues where they are and giving credits where it's due rather than comedians. They both will find issues and bugs but the service to the community isn't equal.
    On the same logic, from my side criticizing the ridiculous show, doesn't equal to say that everything is perfect in AMS2, the two things are not the same.

• Agree Agree x 11
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Same setting,i only get about 38 - 40 degree celsius in the rear tires! With much sliding and hard breakin'.And as i'm always curios (like a cat) i will do a complet fresh reinstall too,just to compare.or prove,or the opposite.:whistle:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

It's probably just conditions I reckon... My racing is so, so varied. Multiple weather slots, seasons. In the end track and ambient temp have a big part to play.
    Saw a big jump in ambient today in the TSI, I think, it has a readout on the dash. CrewChief called it out, and it shot up from 25c to 33c+.
    With the Copa Trucks I notice a BIG difference with the fronts between mid-summer and winter. All else equal 100-ish in summer, not even yellow in winter.(always one side, depending on the track)
    Anyway, the matter at hand was fwd cars, and we're a fickle bunch of nit-pickers that demand our tires be in the ideal operating window at all times:p
    But that's not how it goes sportsfans, and sometimes it just takes 5+ laps to get 'm in the green. Which I barely do in a 10 min race, because stuff to do and sooooo many cars to revisit.

13. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Yes, I'm extremely curious about the whole thing. Don't forget to delete the folder under, "My Documents" as well. I did that when I performed the clean install, too.

And please, let us know the results. There has to be a reason that I'm having so few of the reported issues. The rear tires on the Uno heated up nicely for me in a very short time.

I'm also reading about oversteer, understeer, and all sorts of things that are just not happening on my computer. I can find very little wrong, and what I have found I've posted.

The Formula Trainer Advanced and the Old Stock Opala need work, but aside from those, I seem to have no issues.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

it had Changed one side to weather dependent which was crazy I never touched it lol

15. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

That's interesting, thanks a lot for sharing your findings. Which date and weather did you choose, and what were air and track temps like?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dady Cairo

Sure i will report back,but later .Its nightime here in GER,so i will test it with my first a coffe. :)

17. Dady Cairo

I took current date 10:00 morning,but had that phenomen also days before on Taruma with the same car and the Mini B.

18. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Really cool to see you already implemented the aero packages for GT1, I didn't expect that to come in nearly as fast, fantastic!

A few things I am curious about though:
    The UI for the different aero packages in GT1 still always shows the "normal" low-downforce version no matter the track. Not sure if the UI only shows different aero package for those really big differences in aero like the oval versions of the Indycars though.

Also these aero packages are not just visual, they actually increase downforce, correct? Seems a bit difficult to test for myself as the car feels different on every track anyway.

And lastly some nitpicking, the aero package you used for the Porsche is the one from the Zakspeed team and not the one the Porsche worksteam used. Not sure if I even dislike that though, the worksteam used these very basic-looking struts: Laguna Seca 1998.jpg

Overall very happy you implemented this and so quickly as well, makes me feel like I actually contributed a tiny bit :D

Attached Files:

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The points raised were legitimate, we now have the possibility to use different aero packages so we can also utilize it when/if feasible for a class.

Low Downforce packages also have less drag/downforce, yes. The images in the UI for LD variants are expected to be updated so they show the right versions, yes. (just to make sure: i have no overview right now, if GT1 cars have any LD variants in the game, the aero kit for current GT1 has been updated)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Suggestion: In certain classes (Group C and GT1 spring to mind) maybe the LM trims of certain cars could be used on low downforce tracks such as Hockenheim, ovals, that one French circuit if it ever comes, etc
    So your 962 could become the longtail version on low downforce tracks or your Merc GT1 could become the CLK GTR on non-low downforce tracks, etc for different cars
    Not sure how efficient this would be or if anyone else would want that but

• Like Like x 4