1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

So to be sure, since the new aero packages in GT1 are higher downforce packages, their (mostly front) downforce is increased now?

Or is the downforce level on the higher aero package the same as it was before 1.4?

I hope I can get my question across, looks a bit weird reading it :D

2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I massively prefer the system AMS2 uses for different aero packages compared to the way Pcars2 did it. It may be fun to take the oval spec DW12 out to Vintage Le Mans and top properly max it out, but it's easier to get everyone in a MP lobby to use the correct spec now. The few times we ran ovals in one of our Discord groups, several people would always pick the road course spec by accident.

Plus it's cool seeing the trimmed-out wings. :D

3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

All right, hold the phone. I found the problem and it's me.

I race with the HUD off. I also do all my own set ups. I know what all the settings do, and I have a pretty good idea of what I want, based on the car.

I'll drive it, tweak it, drive it again, and tweak some more if it needs it. My lap times improve very noticeably. But I've become so cocky about it that I don't usually even bother to look at tire temps. I get my faster lap times, the car feels good, I'm happy. And the HUD is off.

So I was pretty puzzled about this tire heat thing. The first time that I tested it, I turned the laps, then pulled into the pits, entered the Advanced Setup screen, and thought, "Look at that, 80 C across the board!".

However, I went back and tested the Copa Classic B Uno again. And this time, I was suspicious. Something didn't seem right. Before I headed out onto the track this session, I went into the Advanced Setup screen to see what the cold, yet-to-be-driven temps were. "Look at that," I thought, "80 C across the board! Uh oh."

So I went out of the session and turned the HUD on. Then I ran a bunch of hard laps. And the HUD says it's hard to get the rear tire temps past 40 C, no matter how hard you flog that car. My set up felt good, but the tires are not showing much increase in temperature. I think they are actually heating up, because after three or four laps, the car feels like they've warmed up, feels better.

So it may be a matter of the numbers that the HUD is showing. As for the garage screen, they're stuck on 80 C across the board, come rain or come shine.

Nevertheless, I'm still not experiencing some of the problems being reported by others. And my setups work, and make me faster. At least for me. But maybe I should stop just dialing the car in and start looking at numbers. If I did, I would have caught this.

So sorry about that. I'm just so used to throwing the quick set up mojo on the car and going, and it has worked so well for me, that I assumed the 80 C across the board on the garage screen was real until I saw that they're always 80 C. Sheesh!

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Chin

Chin Member AMS2 Club Member

FWIW, I think max damage is the wrong choice.
    ...BRUSH a wall, and lose a wheel?! Not cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

And here I am advocating implementing lightning the thunder in the game to make it more fun lol.

6. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

On that note, are the oval packages always asymmetrical to the left in AMS2, otherwise I feel like certain tracks like Goiana, and vintage Monza should both use like, short oval wings, as well as the Interlagos Oval which does turn left only.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I would love to be Jake's friend haha. Apart of being smart and entertaining, and having great ideas, he appears to be a really good person.

8. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

If you gradually increase the accelerator during the corner, you should get understeer at first, but it doesn't happen at all.

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

So,coudn't resist it's late.
    After reinstall,complete clean ,folder(s) deleted- the game feels different to me as i knew it.I deleted the folder in Documents directly after 1.4 update,just to let you know.
    Why?
    The strange under and oversteer,that snappy behavior i had with some cars like Fusca,Caterham,Gol Polo,Passat etc. is now predictable.I feel it now in the FFB.
    The tire temps of the rear tires have not changed (Passat B Jacaraque Ambiente 18 C tracktemp 27 C).Front max.50 rear max 42 C.But the Sim is much more fun now.Tomorrow i do the the same with the beta. :)
    :hurrayreiza:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Baron Bob

Baron Bob Member

Hey, so I installed the FSR mod yesterday and gave the game another try in regards of VR+day+rain (I gave up my hopes of rain+night until I get a 5090TI in 4 or 5 years) and I managed yesterday to find a setting with 60hz and 20 gridsize. Ok so far. But today when I started the exact same single race I tested with yesterday (NBR GP GT3 10 Laps 1 weaterslot storm 10am) it went FUBAR stuttering. I tried to set timeprogession off but after I save the setting and go back to check it is set to normal progression again. Is this a bug or do I miss something? Like a setting that is contradictory of it? The stuttering mostly starts to occur in the middle of the grid. Also is it only me that I can see the watertrail from the cars in front of me trough other cars in VR?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  11. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

That is exactly what I'm experiencing. After doing a clean install for the v1.4 update, and first deleting the My Documents folder for the game, I don't seem to be getting the handling problems that many other people are reporting. It just feels good.

I've only found two cars, the Old Stock Opala, and the Formula Trainer Advanced (possibly the lower powered Formula Trainer as well, I haven't tried it) that need work. Everything else feels good to me. And I've been trying to drive all of them and have covered most.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I wonder what the DEVS can do with your finding. @CrimsonEminence @Renato Simioni etc.
    I find it most importent as a advice for people with quirks (and bad reviews):whistle:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The high downforce variants are what we had before, the low downforce variants are the new ones with less aero. (Just to be clear, i'm not sure there are any GT1 low downforce variants on any track yet, i have no overview there right now, just to have no misconception)

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Lele

Lele New Member

I will make another stupid question.
    How can I change the game field of view?
    Thanks for the response about the full course yellow

15. CrimsonEminence

Go into games options menu and choose the camera settings, there you will find FOV settings for all cameras.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lele

Lele New Member

I could find it. Thanks.
    One last question.
    The TC and abs number means that slower the number the electronics will kick in Less frequent?
    A number of 2 will kick in Less than a number of 8?
    Thanks

17. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

That is correct for the Indycars, but for the GT1 what we had before were the low-downforce variants, the new ones are the ones with the higher aero.

I also just noticed that for the GT1 the new high downforce versions are used on all tracks I tested, even old Hockenheim and the ovals, not sure if that is intentional.

18. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Curios as to what FFB settings you are running and if it is a reset to the default and default + with the reinstall

19. CrimsonEminence

Just to have no misconception, also edited it in my last post:

The current GT1 class is still the same, their car models just use the correct aero package. When there is feasibility to do so, LD variants with less drag can find their ways to the right tracks, i can't promise the when and if at this point, i have no overview right now if there are any LD variants for GT1 yet set for any track. My bad!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'm using Default+ with a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT wheel and pedals (has a clutch, three pedals). It feels good to me. The Control Panel settings are just the default Thrustmaster settings. I happened to check today, and my Thrustmaster drivers are the latest version.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the clean install is why I'm having so few issues. I've seen at least two reports that the 250cc Super Kart is all but undriveable. I just did quite a few laps at Buskerud Long and it handled beautifully. So I took it to Brasilia Outer, so that I could really open it up. It was fine. But apparently other people are having problems with it.

I don't know what the clean install does, if anything, but I'm very happy with the handling of a lot of cars that other people are having trouble with, and @Dady Cairo reinstalled, and he said that things were far better after doing a clean install.

So I think there's definitely something to it, but what it is, I don't know. I only know that I'm sure enjoying the v1.4 update, with very few issues. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2