1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When does the TT go again?

2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I would try the reinstall thing but what holds me back is the fact that i will loose all of my dash cam position settings (cockpit view) for all cars.

Does anyone know in what file are those settings saved?

3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I can remember in beta i had the same problems sometimes ,as i couldn't find the culprit i deleted the folder in documents and set up the sim new in a few minutes.How many times we had to delete the folder in 2 years...but new is that i (had to) reinstall the whole programm.You must have comparison to judge if this is "normal" or not and if you haven't comparison you assume it should be like that,but somehow errors have crept in.Honestly,i think nobody knows really what is/was going on but deleting the doc-folder can do no harm.Exactly so a reinstall.60 minutes,ready to go.
    Have fun...:)

4. Dady Cairo

No,and i asked the same for years...:whistle:
    And that's another thing i fight with for 2 years.The cockpit view's !
    Every track and car has a saved position.Everytime a update comes in i had to re-adjust my cockpit.
    Go on track X with car Y position lateral and horizontal should be at 0.00.It shows this but it isn't.:confused:I asked for a solution to reset cockpit view to default.No answere,except the "free-camera trick" (CTRL+K then hit 5 and see what happens:)) works.Remember to hit CTRL+5 again after.
    So everytime before raceing i check this visualy and adjust it to my likeing.Seat position also change with FOV settings and head movement.To complex to answere it seems.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've a question, maybe someone asked before:
    While oval racing with F-US, what happens if it is raining or starts raining (when using real weather)? F-US with speedway config don't have rain tires. So, even 'just for fun', it isn't possible to race in rain.

AMS gets the information about historic, current and future weather from a host/databese.
    So, my idea is, that REIZA implements a feature for weather prediction for the chosen date, time and location.
    To avoid a permanent online traffic for updating weather info when switching through dates, times and locations, there could be a button for "weather forecast" - so AMS can update this info for the selected time/location.

This would be great for setting up the car in general and a big help to avoid a rainy weekend on an oval track. Because, it's damned to take hours of training and quali but then no race because of rain.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Folks,

Hope you doing well :)

I do really appreciate the work of Reiza, the effort and the love they put in this fantastic sim. For me its the best Sim by far, no doubts! I have it since day one and with every update they improved massive.

I do really like the Ovals, to be honest I was waiting for it since Usa Pt 1 was released back in the days.

V1.4 looks great and for me its another step in the right direccion!

As I dont have friends and the Multiplayer is almost empty when I go online, I use to race against the AI.

Before v1.4 I put agressivity on full and Strenght to 102 - 106 and it was allways great in every track and with almost every car. I had to fight them and it was quite challenging.

But now on v1.4 the AI feels very broken. Even if I put down the Strenght to 80 they go crazy and with every car is different. Also Full Course Yellow does not work right. AI does not respect the rules. Sometimes they drive through me and the Sim says I have to slow down and give back the position... Its very strange.

I dont know if I do anything wrong in the settings or if I still have to delete the AMS2 folder in Documents (but i read somewhere that this is no more necessary, right?)

I pray that this sim is not becoming Autobrokeista 2 because I really love it. Hopefully there is a fix for this or any advise to how improve.

Please dont get me wrong, I just try to share my feelings since the last update.

Sorry for my bad english, I am a stupid spanish dude who loves SimRacing!

Have a great day :)

• Like Like x 5
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have historic/real weather in an oval race and it would rain, it could just revert to heavy clouds and maybe increment the game clock by a few hours to simulate a "rain delay".

8. Jan Stange

Jan Stange New Member

Where are they? I didn‘t see any real helmet or gloves?
    And is there in the meantime any template to replicate them?
    Thanks in advance.

9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

There are some files in my Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\291176420\automobilista 2\profiles, like the default.localsettings.v1.03.sav and the default.sav which i don't what could be..(the other ones are about championship editor + controller settings)

So maybe the answer is here?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I use AMS the same way, racing against AI and no MP.
    But till now, I don't have recognised a change with the AI like this.

Just a hint, if I think there is a strange behaviour of anything, do an integrity check via STEAM.
    Don't know if it fixes the AI issue, but it's worth a try.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I allready did it, but no improvement.

Kind regards!

• Like Like x 1
  12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They could just disable rain on oval tracks, and disable wet livetrack presets

13. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Higher the # less tc and abs

14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it would be cool if the race actually turned into a night race because of a delay like sometimes happens irl.

• Like Like x 4
  15. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

That would however be a problem with Rio, unless they decide to add lights to it for the oval layout

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, Where are these low DF or different aero packages for the GT1's i see no such option in the UI under car selection or in setup, and unlike the Indycars no automatic selection at certain tracks stating LD in the car discription. Cheers!

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, like mentioned i mixed up a few things. GT1 don't have LD variants (yet). Their 3D model for the normal variants just got updated to the appropriate High DF package.

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahh that explains it, cheers mate!

19. Dady Cairo

Don't think so,i think it is saved per car under to me unkown files in the cars folder(s).

20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Geez, I hope they don't disable rain in ovals. There should be option. It's one thing to make it look real, it's another to ruin the fun. I never follow real life racing...so didn't know they stop the race during rain. But please, for the sake of fun...do not disable rain in ovals.

• Agree Agree x 3