1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 August 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

That's a big criticism I have as well. It still works well, but would be better to be able to see your own car as reference. Might be an engine limitation of some kind, but hopefully it can be implemented some day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

Having an absolute blast in the indy cars around daytona. Had to come off because I'm sure being on vr for that long could cause my eyes to bleed or combust or something.

Loving the full course yellows, just adds another level of gameplay. Love coming round a corner and having to dodge a car park of beautifully wrecked, broken to pieces open wheelers. The new damage is amazing. Is there going to be more particle fx or fire? feels like they sometimes lack the visually smaller pieces of debris that almost look like conffetti in those crashes, that would be very cool to see

I cant see any info on how to go about modifying these?:( Cant wait to see custom driver helmets when navigating through traffic in the open wheelers

Will we one day be able to add custom pit crew liveries too?

Sounds much better and I love hearing the crowd. I think the reverb off walls hasnt got enough reverb to me, feels like you need to hear more of an echo when you drving up close to them at high speeds, but personal opinion

So glad its a bank holiday weekend in the UK.

Willl I step outside before Tuesday? ....very unlikely

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Take the chance and buy her a copy of AMS2 + Season Pass -> then post a picture of her face. :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Broken and bent suspension bits would be the icing on the cake, looks so wrong when you see it all coming off in one piece

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gary_S

Gary_S Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone with issues on custom ai loading in the fusa gens. I have added the custom ai files, but won't load into the track?
    EDIT - All AI files are not being picked up.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I have added the files and it works. Maybe file names are not correct?

7. Gary_S

upload_2022-8-28_14-4-50.png upload_2022-8-28_14-5-8.png
    Does this look OK? I have always had it like this with no issues. As of 1.4, no AI file is working, even on previous F22 Ultimate etc....nothing works now.

8. Gary_S

Just to add I got it sorted. Turns out I accidently over-rode the custom AI files that were looking to custom liveries. Thankfully I had a back up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Yesterday, I tested the ovals with the formula USA and I put the level of the IA towards 95 so that my level is respected. Today, even with a level of 70, the AI is faster than me by more than 2 seconds.
    Gateway is fine but Daytona and Fontana are unplayable for my level. And I do not understand this such difference with last night.
    Edit : Bad thread

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I agree in terms of the range (distance from walls) but, it's not clear to me if / how certain sounds can be increased / decreased through effect sliders. For example, such wall reflecting sounds may be affected by "Sound Effects" or "Environment Sounds".

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Right! I posted elsewhere and GPlaps video he said he did 120Ai, BS!! I just did 100% and by lap 1 I was straight away back in last. So he had a different version, pre release. And open qual, wtf

12. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I’m having issues with the Gen2 USA I don’t see the files you have, maybe that’s my problem. I’ll post the pic of what I can’t find. The top files

Attached Files:

13. Gary_S

OK so I double checked and AI drivers are now referencing the skin name and not the actual car number as it is in AMS2. So the whole AI driver thing won't work if you are running custom skins. The only way it will work is if the car skins downloaded has a driver AI file specifically for them. What a mess.

14. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

wut

I’ve got the custom liveries, it’s not worth the hassle to get the names right. Seems some have it right and other don’t. I’m not to sharp with changing these files and the experts do this every day and the leave out (not purposely) a thing or two. For me it needs to be shown/explained to the layman

15. MJP10

I dont get what you mean? I have custom skins and all I've used/checked so far seems to work fine after the update. Do none of yours work or am I misunderstanding you?

But it would be nice to be told that there will be updaes/new xmls needing to be manually added to the folders for the cars feels all a bit silent on that front right now

it would be pretty cool to get those types of sliders love to be able to tinker with that

16. Dean Ogurek

They already exist but, I don't think we yet understand how the various effects are assigned to which slider.

17. MJP10

Ah I see what youre saying now sorry. So an 'advanced settings' dropdown for 'Sound FX volume' or 'Environment volume' or something similar with more options where you could individually turn the sfx you want up or down would work?

18. Dean Ogurek

Sure, that would be great but, it would be helpful to understand which sound effects are covered by each slider, at this point. I imagine audio is still very much WIP though, so things may change or become clearer over time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

TTOTW im getting
    47% GPU usage and 65 fps
    [​IMG]

Same track and car combo in race weekend im getting
    98% GPU and 135 fps
    [​IMG]
    WTF is going on?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Really? You can hear crowd noise? I couldn't hear?