Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I updated my ffb settings in #709
    Something strange has occurred

2. Justdave

Justdave Member

Any suggestions? lol. Where is it 3am right now? Off to google I go...

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I haven't reinstalled ever and I have had AMS 2 loaded on my machine since alpha...

I have deleted the set-ups folder a few times--for convenience, so I didn't have to remember to go in to the set-up area and reset there. The game now looks after this problem for us (yeah!).

However, if you are worried about corruption of files or configuration, you really only need to do two things:

1) Do a Steam integrity check. I did have to do this once in the past when one of the updates got fudged somehow.

2) Delete your Automobilista 2 user folder (in \Documents)--which resets EVERYTHING to default settings. So, depending on your preferences, this may take a kittle or a lot of time to get things back to where you want them.

I am not aware of any scenario that REQUIRES a reinstallation of the game itself.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Just had a very weird experience with the formula trainers advanced. It's like they turn the rear wheels when steering. Almost impossible to keep it straight on the straights, behaves like a pendulum. I think I read, just a few pages ago, they should handle as expected, maybe there is really something going on there... What is exactly meant by a "clean install"? Is it confirmed by the devs (or by enough testers) that this makes a difference? Maybe I give it a try. [settings for situation above: test day, default ffb, nuerburgring vidol gp layout] I can also confirm with classes P1 and GT-Open that the AI is very challenging now, had it typically at ~105 before and now I'm around 86 to get a midfield position (though it's track dependent).
    edit: [ninja'd, see post above. Thanks for the explanation, will give the documents-folder method a try tomorrow]

5. Marc Collins

Are you good now? Did you find balanced settings that allow you to feel subtle forces that also don't result in clipping (flattening/topping-out) the strong forces? If not, I would start by resetting your wheel itself back to neutral/default settings. Your DD2 is a lot better wheel than I have, yet I have no issues.

You said:
    This morning on standard default I was running G 45 LFB 65 FX 100 D 0. This evening I’m now running G 46 LFB 10 FX 42 D 0 which is giving me similar feels to what I described this morning.

For a DD wheel, you can use next to no LFB. I only need 10 or so on my old mechanical wheel.

You don't need a huge amount of FX (100 is insane even on a weak wheel). I would try lowering it even more.

Damping is a critical part of the FFB. Use the in-game Damping not the wheel-based one.

Here is a link to a simple set-up process, but it will not work if you have already distorted all the FFB by using various and elaborate settings in the Fanatec control panel. None of those are needed and will only confound the settings inside games that, by definition, are designed for a common standard. After all, how would the game designer know which wacky or extreme setting you chose to use in your wheel settings?

Imagine the FFB to be like music or sound output. You can have a 10-bar equalizer to fine-tune the sound....presumably so you can adjust it for the characteristics of your room or vehicle where the speakers are located. Unless you are an experienced professional, the end-result is usually neither an improvement moulded specifically for the environment, nor better sound--because you just mis-adjusted (or distorted as I like to call it) the hard work of the artist and sound engineer who balanced everything as it was meant to be heard. FFB is the same. Don't adjust anything on your wheel off of neutral or default settings until AFTER you have the basics working properly in the game. Otherwise, you will chase your tail endlessly fiddling with settings.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if this is the same but I ran into an interesting issue.

Formula Trainer on Monza junior layout. On the straights my rear shaker was going off like the wheels were spinning going down the back or front straight. I thought it was the sensitivity for wheel spin in simhub but it wasn't.

The wheels are in fact spinning faster then the ground while on full throttle which created this weird feeling and I can only describe it like this.

It felt like a front wheel drive car with plastic lunch trays under the rear wheels locked in place with the wheels not spinning and only sliding on these trays. Every time I moved the wheel back and forth it felt like the rear wheels were just sliding along.Very strange and I think there might be something up with the tires.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Marc Collins

The F-Trainers, if you notice, are very readily overheating their rear tires. This leads to the drifting and poor handling. Some massaging will occur to these and a couple of other vehicles that slipped through the cracks of the latest mostly amazing tire updates. The Trainers may also need some default set-up work...let's hope they are fantastic by the time the next hot fix comes out!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Marc Collins

See reply immediately above :)

Yes, there is unintended wheel spin occurring that is contributing to the tire overheating. Drive line/diff needs a review, but I am not concerned that it will be a difficult fix once the team has a chance to focus on it for a few minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

The Formula Trainer Advanced is plagued by dreadful oscillating yaw on my PC, just as you describe. It's awful. The Old Stock Opala is also affected by oscillating yaw, to the point of being completely undesirable. It has 45 more horsepower than the 1986 Opala, and yet the 1986 Opala is very pleasant. I don't think that adding 45 horsepower should make the Old Stock so unpleasant.

I still haven't tried the Formula Trainer Basic, but it may also be afflicted, since the Advanced definitely is.

Everything else seems fine to me.

As for reinstalling the game, as @Marc Collins pointed out, deleting the folder in My Documents and doing a Steam file verification is probably the best option. I did a clean install myself, but unless the devs say it helps, I doubt that it's necessary. I simply mentioned it because I did do it, but I'm not really advocating it, unless you just want to and nothing else is working. Probably unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. RDG

RDG Active Member

Such a shame the AI is still doing it’s side by side racing with two wheels in the grass for half a lap without losing any speed. Real immersion killer. I raced FUG2 at Spa 2022, 120 AI and high aggression. Made a little error at the start so fell back to the back of the grid, had a little catching up to do. Caught up to two cars fighting it out which seemed like fun, until we went through Pouhon where they went side by side from corner entry to corner exit without losing any speed while I was nailing the throttle and following the racing line. There simply is no way you can take Pouhon full throttle from a defensive inside line. Needless to say I was a bit miffed that neither car lost any speed, but I exited the game when the same thing happened at Blanchimont, but this time the left car went a good 50m halfway through the grass approaching the corner, once again without losing any speed.

I really want to enjoy racing here, but this AI is making that very difficult to do and unfortunately the online races have been low population. I hope at some point you guys can make the AI more realistic.

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! As long it's wip and a known issue, it means it will be fixed (as Reiza does always quite fast). I was initially worried that this is something unreproducable only half of the user base is suffering from.
    This is so much to the point, very well described :) Thanks for confirming as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marc Collins

You're welcome.

And I think @mdecker79 gets the award for best analogy for extreme FWD over-steer ;)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Germany in a town 100 Mbit Download up to 100 Mbit/s Upload bis zu 40 Mbit/s :) but 30 Euro.

14. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Huh, weird how I never noticed it
    Must've just never paid attention since Jac was never a go-to track for me

15. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

That seems to be an issue with the Indy Car AI, which I believe they're working on. They're superhuman and insane at Fontana, too. But we should get a fix, eventually.

So far, the rest of the AI that I've raced with has been okay, but I haven't tried everything, so there could be other issues.

16. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Recently, My friend recommends me Custom feed back to me.
    so i’ve 2hours tested 5.0.1.3 custom with default, default + in latest AMS2 version.
    there are many improvements after first v1.4.1.0 released.
    compare with latest version, cars that i’ve drove yesterday are much better now(P3, P4, GTE, GT3, DTM, formula and more..)

Its my personal opinion. it can be not same as your experience.

here is my comparision:
    -Test eviroment:
    Fanatec CWS2.5 base
    Fanatec formula v2 wheel
    Fanatec V3 pedal.
    Gain 65
    low force boost 10
    FX 50
    Damping 10

- Custom FFB : make flatten and little tone down whole FFB, and highlight specific informations like understeer signals.
    especially, it reduces damping that occurs in conditions :counter, acceleration in corner exit.
    it make much more easier than other settings. It helps to early acceleration.
    it has much less FFB changes on front weight loss in acceleration and largest threshold ranges for lateral g force also.
    FFB gets stronger after big steering angle.
    it less stress to wrist. easy and fast

Default & Default+ (DnDp) both are similar but have differences also.
    - Default+ : it feels center spring type FFB at corner. more like ACC feeling.
    - Default : it feels outside resist type FFB at corner.

totally, both (DnDp) has more variable FFB based on Speed, weight transfer.
    its helpful to notice weight transfer.
    but more hard to controll damping of early acceleration at corner exit than custom setting.

there are big differences with Custom.
    and by difference of FFB between Default and Default+ what i wrote above, i prefer to use default it feels more real.
    Custom FFB feels hides every cars character.
    especially Kart feels too easy and lighter than others. its little unrealistic but comfortable.
    it makes similar control available.

Conculusion.
    My choice: Default.
    Why: Most realistic FFB,
    easy to notice weight transfer.

thanks to read.
    and Big respect and thanks to all staffs of Reiza.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dady Cairo

@GearNazi
    if you notice nothing what could be wrong or feels strange,why should you.It can't hurt if the effort is not too high.Alwayst the last solution.Why such things happen nobody can say,but it exists.Not only here.Got corrupted steam files never had that,but now i know don't trust everything.And check for yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dady Cairo

But you said that beautifully!;)
    The press spokesman of our government could not have done better:D

19. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

We did a race on the tri oval with a mix of AI and player with the USA Gen2.

It was unranked session and I notice during qual that everytime Someone joined There was as small freeze. Dunno if this is because we are speeding at 400km/H and this is more noticeable than Much slower usual track but this is quite disturbing at such High speed with bumpy road and close cars.
    There was freeze during the race as well causing lost or controls but I Will keep an eye on it maybe it is my setup today. Did Someone notice this as well ?

Also AI are driving with a 10-15 deg of body yaw on straight, you never sure if you Will it Them or where they Will go. I have notice that also with stock car when they have front wheels full left or right and the car body on a wierd position

After one dubble yellow flag I was first and two AI behind me ... I was keeping the 111 km/H require speed and 100-200m before the start Line where the race restart I slowed down to 75 to pack the cars ... The two AI kept There speed, overtaked me and restarted the race in front of me ( at least 4-5 car lenght) whitout any penalty.
    So basically you can cheat by overteaking as long the race restart before the 12 sec countdown to go back in place

20. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A 500MB update was just released. I'm sure release notes will follow shortly.

• Like Like x 1