Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Formula USA Gen 2 at Fontana - Did a quick setup, was exceeding 380 KPH down the front stretch going into turn one, effortlessly. They feel even better, and I didn't think they were bad to begin with.

2. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Agree, Theodore. I spent some time driving the Super V-8s at Bathurst. That will certainly put a big grin on a driver's face! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. locosuizo

locosuizo New Member

Thank you so much for your work,.L dont like to know how much you guy's are working till last weekend, when i see how much Patches you released till then ;)
    :hurrayreiza: :hurrayreiza: :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Steel,
    Thanks for the explanation.

• Like Like x 1
  5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Who needs F-USA when I am having a blast playing with either Ultimate Formula Gen 1 & 2 on the ovals lol. Seriously, these two cars alone make me forget about every other cars. And I know what kind of weather is going to make it look nice driving around Daytona and AutoClub. Use the following dates:

01/01/2021 8am on Daytona (sunny, rain, sunny, sunny)
    01/01/2021 9am on AutoClub (sunny, rain, sunny, sunny)

Playing this game with motion rig in VR is now getting seriously too real. I really appreciate the upgrade in the sound department...it was spectacular!!! The engine rev sound effects...amazing. When the car move closer to the wall, it sounds louder than if moving away...this is a great idea. The sound of the crashes is more realistic this time. And all the other environment sound effects. I don't see any other game that can beat AMS2 in the sound department from now on. Reiza has taking the sound to another level.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Morning, apologies I had gone to bed when you replied.
    I want to thank you for taking the time you put into your detailed reply and for the link as well.
    I’ve had a one hour tinker session this morning with the advice you have given me and it’s made a HUGE difference and it feels MUCH better now thank you!
    I didn’t want you to think I was being rude by not replying, after the effort you put into your reply.
    On my wheel base I only have FFB strength, Force Effect Intensity and Force Strength turned on, everything else is always off and set to zero for my ams2 profile.
    I’m going to do more tinkering tonight and over the coming days and I’ll share them on here for others to work from too.
    Turning on AMS2 damping and having LFB on 2 , along with FX turned down further has made a crazy difference for the better! That’s on standard default. When I switch to default + with those settings it’s still not nice, but I feel over the next few days and weekend, I will try default + but lower fx and increase damping compared to default, that’s my instinct for what changes to try, but for now I’m on default and want that dialled in first and noted, then I’ll retry default+
    I had to force myself off my rig and from playing for longer this morning because got to go earn a living and that’s the first time I’ve had that feeling with AMS2, just one more lap, ok just one more lap then I’ll get ready haha
    Really excited by it now and I’m getting more subtle feels and cues in the low down force sections and the rubber band feeling has essentially gone. I do still think from the game there needs to be a bump in volume for the front end biting when accelerating out of a corner, but everything else is feeling awesome!
    Thanks again, I really do appreciate it, it’s like I have a new sim in my steam library!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

@Dolph the hero of the day. Push him to a „baker“

8. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni Can you add the weight jacker to the ICM? I'm starting to run out of buttons on my wheels if I even any still free.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

Hi I have that same combo so would be interested to know what your settings in the Fanatec Software are set to :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Hello, I tested the Fontana Oval very quickly following the latest patch.
    I tested the USA formulas (Gen 1, 2 and 3) with the default configuration.

Concerning the behavior of the cars, I always find that they still slide a little too much in the turns and also at the green flag (even with the traction control and the stability control activated).

I preferred the first update release done last Saturday (before the patches). I liked driving more.

Regarding the AI level, it has been reduced but not enough for level 70. For me, a default configuration and an AI level of 70 should allow average (or even very average) players to compete with the AI. This is not the case for me: the AI is faster than me by 0.5/0.7 sec at level 70.

Maybe the 2 items are related to the default configuration, I don't know. I'm not going to complain, the ovals are on trial but I hope for possible modifications. Following this fix, I'm not as excited as I was with the initial update.

I hope to be able to do more complete tests on the ovals this weekend.

11. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ho hum, another spot on combo....
    Merc GT4 at Jerez :

• Like Like x 10
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've now heard this from about 3 or 4 players, im starting to think there may be something to it, but its just the time and hassle it takes for a fresh install and the fact it may change nothing, but im getting closer to wanting to give it a try. When was the last time you did a fresh install of the game, and how many times have you done a fresh install? Did you back up your documents to retain settings or delete those aswell and just copy them down somewhere to punch back into the new install?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Up wing angles in the garage if you need more stability

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. sedesa tatasa2

sedesa tatasa2 BANNED BANNED AMS2 Club Member

The problem of losing too much grip by accel has been improved, but there is still a bit left.
    Almost no understeer occurs by accel in rear drive car, and large understeer occurs by accel in FF.

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I wrote some pages back ,maybe you did not see it.
    Complete deinstallation via steam,delete the steam game folder steam/common.Delete the whole AMS2 folder under Documents.Start new!
    I have done this with main release first time in two years (as i play the Beta more often).
    As a Betatester i deleted my AMS2 folder under Documents (complete folder) more than 5 times although it was said it was not necessary.:DBut it changed the FFB on my system.
    If others(god thank them) hadn't reported about that theme,i never knew oft it and would have called them "weirdos":).But after i read some serious threads from serious people her i came to the conclusion ,to test if there is something about it.For I am a faithless.
    A matter of subjective and objective feeling and perception,you got it or not.

If you are sitting in your car and the speedometer shows 200 km/h and you are just overtaken by a VW TSI, you should think about it.:)

And yes,there is something about it.

Edit: I you have the Beta and the main release installed it is easy to proof the difference between for and after as you have a comparison.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope this is a step towards fixing the straightline perfomance problem that most open wheelers in the game have.

17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes mate I did see it, you are one of the 3 or 4 folks who said it does make a difference. I'm really not sure, but now I have to know, so now im taking the plunge! I've just photographed every settings screen I need to remember and uninstalled AMS2, including deleting every AMS2 folder in program files and documents. I damn sure hope this is worth it as its now gunna take about 3 hrs to redownlaod. I'll let you know the results, maybe it will make a difference, maybe it won't, but either way at least i can be sure, and if it does make a major difference I'll let everyone know! Cheers mate!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

F.w.i.w
    Indeed there is and always was (despite what those that never tried it indicate, how would they know if never done) . pc's get cluttered with crap and hidden files and poor indexing,registry,files,hidden files,windows update rubbish, files that does not get deleted/ overwritten , cleared correctly over time. bloated.
    Its good housekeeping. The process has been done this end several times and results in improved pc performance in opening and running the optimised programs that have been refreshed inc ams2 m&beta.
    specific here were improvements overall in ams2 and less weird glitchy stuff too long to list here but including the sims working with hardware software.
    Easy process is to finish nights use of sim, uninstall then fresh instal overnight,go to bed restart pc in morning. Steam library is what it says a library of files, if it were books and sections are not disposed correctly when newer books are introduced the library will be cluttered and inefficient slow and bloated.
    The Update first impressions today are good with fix's, though afresh install was on the cards last night, I will run the update further though and refresh later as good housekeeping is good practice even if resetting things takes 30 mins! better than reading contradicting posts for 2 hrs
    and still wondering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A friend of mine had AMS2 sitting untouched through the updates for 8 months. I convinced him of retrying this past weekend. FFB was not working at all and we could not get it to work until he wiped out the Documents folder and started anew. Steam Integrity Check did not do a thing prior to that.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

If doing a complete reinstall made the game better for you and for some others I'm glad for you all.
    But I have to wonder: why is it nobody from developer team commented on that? @Renato Simioni @CrimsonEminence
    I mean, I've never had to reinstall any of my other games to make them work properly. Not everyone has the time or patience to reinstall a 80GB game and reconfigure every single setting. If doing a complete clean reinstall is needed to make the game work properly that's something that needs to be investigated by developers imo.
    I don't think that will solve the controller input lag issues but I wonder if the "slide all over the place" feel that some cars have is related to this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1