Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

I really don’t have a big problem with the car. The weight jacker really didn’t do much, maybe it will now since it was mentioned in the hot fix?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

F-USA gen1-3 are extensively revised with yesterdays hotfix. Their baseline is tight but weight jacker does definitely work. When it doesn't affect car balance enough you might set the car up to a looser baseline.

Weight Jacker in action when in standstill, so you guys see, it does something:

0 is rear right lowest.

5 is rear right highest.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  3. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Not that I notice.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

That's exactly what i feel but you can say it better in english as i,cause thats your native language.
    Fine that you noticed the differnces.Maybe we are more sensible than others.I play guitar too:D
    and as you tested all GT4 and they are terrific now.Welcome to the club mate.But those who everything call "placebo" without tryin it out by themself,i don't care anymore...

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Greg Zeller

Greg Zeller New Member

Hello,
    Apologies if this has been answered. I can't seem to get my AMS2 instance to update to 1.4... In the properties Beta drop down I have 3 options. None, Previous Build, and Release Candidate. I've tried all 3 but the version still shows 1.3.8..... any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep they are definitely lacking grip and may actually be the same issue as with the old stock opala but feels like a different problem simply because of the vast differences in those two cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Get a wireless mouse. That's what I did and it works great.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Oh didn't realize you could get wireless mouse that you can see while in VR... I have a wireless mouse and a keyboard, but it still is annoying as hell to have to hunt for it for such a basic feature.

9. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I turn off the bullseye and use my mouse in VR. I find that to be a very acceptable solution to navigating the UI in VR.

I'd love to hammer the Old Stock around Velo Citta, it's great with the 1986 Opala. But thus far, it's a suicide mission with the Old Stock. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

No wet tires for F-USA in oval though. However, Formula V10 gen 2 (probably gen 1 too) and Ultimate Formula gen 1&2 have wet tires in oval? I like that I am able to drive in rain. I don't care about the rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not a problem for me. You keep it in the same place, then it doesnt get lost. Also, keep cheese away from it or it will be tempted to run away.

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

I understand the motivation: in sims we can do bizarre things like copa trucks vs kartings, but giving wet tyres to cars that don't race on wet surfaces should be very low priority.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Hit the nail on the head, it pretty much fixed all the gripes I had with the "physics", tuning out to be all down to FFB.
    In the case of Fanatec, turned down the natural damper all the way, as that is a Fanatec effect to begin with.
    Then I discovered the FX slider in game is imo best left at zero. It causes that nasty understeer-to-oversteer snap on corner exit, at least on the default(+) FFB.
    I was fighting the feedback instead of the car. And ideally you shouldn't be fighting the car at all.
    The in-game damping I have at 35-40.
    But the FX to 0 and FanaDamper™(natural damper in Fanatec software)off was a gamechanger for me in terms of feel and connection to the track.

I was on a t300 before(CSL DD now) and all of the above should pretty much be true for that wheel as well, with the caveat that its max torque is much lower and it would cause the wheel to feel light and somewhat dead without the FX turned up.
    Perhaps the LFB can play a role there.

But I never imagined settings could have this big an influence on the handling and feel of things.
    This is, must be, a big factor in people's hang-ups with the "physics". Flying under the radar as it were.

I would recommend the in-game default settings as gain:75, lfb:5-10(most people will be on g29 or belt still), fx:0, and damper: 35-40.
    For people to have a better(much!)experience out of the box.
    Then if you're still struggling to control the car, at least you know it's a lack of skill:p

Many thanks to munkyboo for pointing it out, this thread has been a great help btw, enjoying the crap out of all the content right now, even the bmw gt4 with its weirdness before!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

this makes zero sense to me. how can FFB change the handling of a car. The FFB surely is there to tell you what the car is doing not affect how it handles?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Chose "none" and restart steam client afterwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

People are reacting to what they feel through the wheel, which is an indication of what the car is doing. If they feel the car is doing something unnatural via the FFB, their reaction will be different than it should be and they'll over-correct, under-correct, spin, etc. They may think it "feels" floaty. They'll get frustrated, blame the physics and make a youtube video lol.

I do think, given some now well known "average" reviews of v1.4, Reiza should probably throw a big warning at game start saying "CHECK YOUR FFB". In fact, supply a 'toy track' and have preset FFB settings so they can be toggled dynamically or rotated automatically (maybe based on a 30 second timer with obvious visual indicator) to show how big a difference it can make (thinking outside the box here).

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  17. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Sac religious.

18. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Whether one cares to admit it or not, your sentiment succinctly reflects a significant source of frustration since the launch of AMS2. Over the course of the past two years, the FFB sliders' numerical increments should have simply been marked with "NAMCO" on one end and "HAL 2000" on the other. Reiza has had a task coming to grips with the BRM P75 of sim racing engines. But things are getting better.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for confirming with many helpful details what I have been suggesting to DD wheel users.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

My pleasure, and you can see from the thread that it helped others, too.

• Like Like x 2