1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2, grass simulator....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. F1Aussie

So what changes did you back to diff and suspension?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Finally had a chance to run a few hours with these new updates and hot fixes. Just Wow. Every car ive tried from open wheelers to sedans feel more connected. Im only using a G29 with a custom file but this is much improved. I feel like my butt kicker is running better as well so not sure if there has been any tweaks in that department?

I dropped Iracing around 18 months ago as it was just becoming too expensive and AMS2 was starting to come good. Here we are 18 months later and with my investment I couldn't be happier.

Some might not have believed that something good could ever come from this title. Much like the techno movement i grew up with, I leave you with Utah saints - something good. Think of Reiza as the guy at the start of this video, the other sim titles are the blokes at the bar and the lady dancers are the next generation of simracer. Enjoy :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. F1Aussie

Isn't it Reizas recommendation to turn NDP off as well?

5. F1Aussie

From my perspective I can tell you that answer without even booting up AMS2......No.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's preferred to let the ingame damping manage the FFB because it acts dynamically and applies depending on several factors (we'll elaborate on that a bit later, stay tuned).

Nevertheless do what feels best for you. Modern DD wheels are running so little resistance that some form of damping no matter where it comes from isn't particularly unrealistic (using ingame slider is recommended).

For now try 10-22 NDP (i have no wheel that features it, but i know this value to be a recommendation)

We'll elaborate on all that in a while, like mentioned.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

On a DD2, I can assure you that this is not correct.
    I tried DPR on 100 after reading a few theories on this thread and it instantly numbs the wheel. It’s not even a subtle change, it’s a huge change in feeling and it dulls ams2 ffb significantly.
    My settings on Default + are G 30, FX 0, LFB 0 and D 24. DD2 - FFB 36, FOR 100 and FEI 90. Try those settings and after you have done a few laps turn DPR on to 100 and feel the HUGE difference between DPR 0 and DPR 100.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't say much about the DDs by Fanatec, especially in use with Fanalabs and all the static friction/damping additions they have. Perfectly possible that it has an influence there.

9. James Lee GTE

ARB massively increase the rear and massively decrease the front. The rear bump and rebound are way too high so drop them. I also dropped front bump a bit too. LSD I moved power ramp and coast ramp by 10 in either direction. If you read description in game it becomes clear which I increased and which I decreased, I can’t remember off the top of my head and I’m not near my pc currently. Preload and clutches remain on default, I may increase pre load a tad and can’t see a need to add more clutches. Change camber angles a tiny bit at the front and rear. Move brake bias back a bit. Then once that feels settled you can drop ride heights and also massively decrease aero.
    I haven’t touched tyres yet and still using defaults. Enjoy!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  10. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Are we getting any sort of update on the Formula USA 2022 in the near future, or now that Indycar is involved is that likely not releasing this year anymore? Love the new content, just curious because those cars were the thing I was looking forward the most with 1.4, even set aside some money to get it when it came out, now none of us know when that's happening :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

You're right, just tried Mclaren GT3 720S and massive differeence comparing even 0 and 70% DPR in Fanalab. Also NDP off of course. Could barely feel tires and was numb with DPR, and so enjoyable to drive without.

It seems Fanalab DPR makes a bigger numbing effect in certain cars out of the ones ive tried, the Mclaren GT3 being one of them. Others weren't as bad.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. James Lee GTE

My FFB testing combo is the Porsche GT3 at Silverstone modern and the difference between DPR 0 and DPR 100 is massive. Having DPR on 100 instead of 0 has a huge adverse effect on the AMS2 FFB.

13. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Is the ffb profile saved per wheel profile?
    I have a couple of wheels with different weights, so using different profiles, with differing dampening, in the wheel software (Direct force pro).
    Also using different wheel profiles in-game for them.

14. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I have the same opinion as Crimson. DPR can be left at 100. It makes no difference neither in the FFB graph nor in the forces, nor does it make a difference with defaults or customs. 100% is taken 100% from the game and also 100% from Fanalab's Dynamic Dampening. DPR is not a constant dampening effect

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. GiVil27

GiVil27 New Member AMS2 Club Member

ffb graph is only the ingame output. or do you have a graph of your output in the wheel base ?

16. munkyboo

munkyboo Member

i dont think it is affecting AMS2 damping but something from Fanalab. Not sure what is Fanalab Dynamic Damping, but even with AMS2 damping at 0, there is a difference with changing DPR.

Maybe test those GT3 cars yourself and see. I also cannot explain why exactly but its there.

17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On the subject of gradually loosing power, has anyone noticed that before this build, as the engine accumulated more percentage of wear, it would gradually loose power and eventually blow.
    Now it does not loose any power until it blows. As in; if you you have 60% engine damage, you can still maintain the same acceleration and top speed in every gear as if you had no damage. Anyone notice that?

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. JayBee

JayBee Active Member

So I'm just cack then lads, cheers :D

Unrelated note, another very complimentary video by Gary.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD

RICARD GOMICIA CALATAYUD Member

that's the same "funny" answer as always I put the topic on de table.

You'd never been pulled off the track by someone?
    Did you ever struggeled spining around just to get back to the track?
    what should be a matter o 5 seconds.. you can lose pore than 20 in a very silly way.

This is not like that IRL, not in AC, not in ACC, not in RR... yes in iracing....
    I think is simple.
    It add more realism to the game and you get less penalized if you are kicked off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please a provide an example (car+track combo and exact weather and track conditions) where it's impossible to get off the grass?