1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If on the way up then you might be clipping the FFB because of the suspension compression so you will loose details. If that's the case then I would lower FX a bit because a higher FX does clip the FFB.

I would bring up the FFB meter and watch it as you're going up. If the bar on the right (red bar) goes up then you're clipping.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

LOL! Nothing like being taken out by a guy who lost it in a different sector! :p

But I still love Goiania. It's one of my favorite Brazilian tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I didn’t use FX, but how do I get up the FFB meter in the game? I have tried to find it, but can’t

4. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Ultimately it’s down to the individual to believe and think as they wish. From my view I’m not looking for a debate on graphs or pie charts.
    I’m letting other Fanatec dd wheel users who read this thread to at the very least put DPR on 0 and try it for themselves, so they can make an informed choice.
    I’m a very recent fan of AMS2 and was hindered being connected to the game because of my poor ffb settings. Since I got help with ffb in this forum, I now love this sim and I want to help others not be stuck in the same ffb trap that I once was, by sharing my experiences.
    Try my settings on a DD2 and compare DPR 0 and DPR 100.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. mdecker79

The default button mapping on my wheel is push the d-pad / 4way switch to the left which changes the HUD layouts. One of the HUD layout's has the FFB meter along with the tire temps.

Once on the HUD layout you want you can then push the d-pad right until it's just the FFB meter so you're not stuck with the big pictures of the tires / tire temps in your face and only left with the FFB meter on the lower left.

Also if you're already using lower FX (I use 3, 4 or 5 right now) then you would next need to lower your gain in game and then raise your FFB on the wheel it self to bring it back to the range your looking for.

All this is only if you're clipping that is. If you're not clipping then I don't know.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  6. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Have anyone tested F-Retro Gen 3 cars with high downforce settings? I think something maybe wrong when driving those settings. 10 front and 12 rear wing and it oversteers like hell. And I tested 5 front wing and 10 rear wing and oversteers still but not so much. Should it understeer like a lot with those settings? Seems to me it should be otherway around. Default setting balance is good (5 and 6).

7. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I think the Formula Trainers are perfect now. I especially like the Formula Trainer Advanced.

The key here is the word TRAINER. I interpret it to mean the sort of car that they'd want at a racing school.

And for that I think they're perfect. They'll teach an aspiring racing driver, in a very controlled, predictable way, to deal with a lot of things that they will later encounter in a far less controlled and predictable way.

I think that they're especially good for teaching a new driver to use the throttle instead of the brake to get out of trouble when appropriate.

And if you're already reasonably adept at driving a race car, you can have loads of fun driving them right on out to the edge and enjoying that unwavering predictability.

Not everyone will agree with this, but in my opinion, Reiza shouldn't change them any further. They're great trainers now. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Lotus 79, oval race MP.

The funniest thing I ve Seen. Close race following a mate. Was very close of is end catching Up. A small freeze occured and I guess during this Time I ve touch His rear... My car started sliding and ended sliding reverse almost full speed.... and I.was disqualified because driving wrong direction after 2sec sliding this way.

Direction of movement was ok but car nose was reverse

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I tried some high-powered cars (FClassic Gen 1 & Sauber C9) at VIR and even with those I can easily drive the car around on grass with no spinning. Sure, it takes less than 10% throttle to get around but they are perfectly driveable, even from a standstill, and on both cold and hot tyres.

Maybe it's a throttle sensitivity issue? I run 35 throttle sensitivity.

10. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

@CrimsonEminence
    Just restarted my PC and also did a race, the tracks are still missing. Any other ideas?

11. mdecker79

I gotta say I'm completing more races these days since 1.4 dropped offline against AI.

Before I would run a bunch of qualifying and usually by the third or 4th lap the car would do something odd and most likely that was because of tire heat. This then threw me off because I wasn't really pushing _that_ hard so I just never went through with the race because I knew the tires would fall off and the car would do something odd.

But now I'm not dealing with that issue anymore and it gives me more confidence in the car / tire to push a bit for more laps before the tires slowly fall off. Then I can dial it back to bring the tires back to temp and push a bit more after.

I'm really enjoying the tire management with this update.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

So your experience with the AMS2's formula trainer accurately reflects the one described in this video?

• Like Like x 2
  13. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

100 percent agree. It's why when I was a kid my local fields (and sometimes parks...:whistle:) had tire tracks, donuts etc every other week, it was just so much fun sending it sideways so easily in an open area without much speed. just as slippy on dry grass as wet too, only difference is you can eventually get stuck in the wet if you get too excited, then get grounded for more months than youll be able or even want to recall.... Rather Reiza not make that part of the game though;)

I think if the ai struggled as much as the player does, it would be less frustrating for players but dont think grass is unrealstic as it is

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

"...like a big go-kart", which the narrator mentioned, is word-for-word what I thought while driving the Formula Trainer Advanced today. If you watch the car's lateral movement in that video, that's what you get in AMS2 as well, but you can push it even harder than he's pushing it because it's so predictable that it never bites you. And I agree that it encourages precision, because you do indeed start losing momentum once you start losing lateral grip. But if you're not racing and worrying about lap times, you can take it far beyond what was probably ever intended. Compare it to the Skip Barber cars in rFactor 2. I like the Formula Trainer Advanced in AMS2 much better, and I liked the rf2 Skip Barber cars. Do a quick set up on the FTA in AMS2, and you can head out onto the track and really put it through its paces without it ever surprising you.

15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Version Number?
    Edit Sry just gone back to your 1st seems you have verified already
    I would suggest something else.
    See what @Crimson suggest first though!
    nxt step would be to verify files when in Steam. (ams2 not running)
    Use dropdown menu (right click) ams2, files, verify.
    Best done as admin user.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you hit the nail on the head with your “but if you’re not racing…” statement. To me the cars are more or less fun to drive at present, but impossible to race against AI. They need to be massively overdriven to compete, and then the issues with tyre overheating, weird yaw when accelerating etc start to bite. They do need work, not to change the fundamental driving feel that you rightly enjoy, but to iron out the weirdness. And to bring their AI into the same universe as the player.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. mdecker79

Everyone feels different things but for me both trainers rear wheels spin at 75% throttle doing 90 mph. I don't think it should do that and I'm pretty sure they are still looking into the tires. I know the wheels are spinning faster then the surface because the rear is sliding to one side depending on the road angle and my rear shaker is constantly on with wheel slip indicating the rears are spinning faster then the surface.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you checked your DLC management in steam? Maybe some DLC got unticked?

• Like Like x 1
  19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

You are correct, for some reason all DLCs got unchecked, thats why only DLC tracks were missing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Skip Barber in rF2 is total rubbish and that's in a game with already tons of old cars with broken or questionably tyres. There's low-grip tyres and then there's just driving on ice.

• Agree Agree x 1