1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.1.0 Released - Now Updated to V1.4.1.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Justdave

Justdave Member

You sure you didn't boot up AMS1 by accident? :)

In AMS2 I can't go three laps without burning up the rear tires..much less keep up with the AI who seem to be on rails. They definitely need some work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No, but it will before too long. @Oubaas, Renato already acknowledged a few cars are still not quite there and the F-Trainer is one of them (with the regular Trainer being further off reality than the Advanced, but neither are in their 1.4 finished state yet).

However, even if the cars are more prone to drift than they should be, some people could still have fun driving them or learn something from them (the trainer part).

The AI are also not yet calibrated (and won't be until the cars themselves are working properly as there would be little point).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

The Skip Barber cars in rFactor 2 certainly were rubbish, straight out of the box. But if you loaded them up at maybe Lime Rock, and spent some time setting them up, you could make them worth driving. But there was no quick tweak set up. You had to invest the time and get serious about it. Once you developed a set up, they were okay. But the trainers in AMS2 are far better.

Reading up above, I noticed mentions of wheel spin and weird yaw. I had that too, and even complained very specifically about it earlier in this thread. But at some point in the past couple of hot fixes, those issues disappeared for me, and I started liking the trainers.

During that same time frame, I reset my profile by deleting the folder in My Documents and starting over, I very carefully dialed in my FFB following the Marc Collins guide, driving many laps and testing, I worked on the car's set up, and I recalibrated my wheel and pedals each time that I reset my profile.

I'm no longer getting that weird, oscillating yaw, nor the tire spin at high speeds. And they're not what I would call driving on ice, which I hate. They've actually become very enjoyable, "big go-karts".

As for the AI, that may need some tweaking. I mostly like the AI in the game, but with a few classes, I have encountered near-superhero AI. But Reiza will get it all dialed in.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

I'm having a lot of fun with the FT Advanced now. If they're able to fine tune even beyond where they are currently, the FTA is going to be spectacular. I already hold it in high esteem. Tons of fun! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Try a few laps at Kyalami Historic and you may change your mind!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't tried it there yet. But I will definitely give it a go. :)

7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Exactly, I said this earlier. Its like the rears are incessantly bouncing and leaving the track surface (suspension, tire wall springiness??). The rears are eaten after a few laps. How anyone can think this is good is beyond me.. Even in that video which changes camera angles at all the wrong moments (rendering the video almost pointless), the guy states

"They don't slide as much and they punish you for sliding"
    "through direction changes, its so agile"
    "encourages you to brake late into the corner... but the slides are small"

The current F-Trainer drifts all over the place through corners and eats its rear tires in no time. Rieza already stated they need work. This title has a history of people going out of their way to claim broken cars are correct. Its mystifying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Fusa all gens at fontana are totally broken. Constant oversteer, impossible to drive, let alone race. Much better at Daytona. Fontana does a standing start as well. Not appropriate for oval racing

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

And therein is the thing. I feel like we're talking about different cars. I am not having a problem with anything that feels like, "the rear is incessantly bouncing and leaving the track surface".

I just drove at least a dozen laps at Kyalami Historic, and I thought it was fine. I braked on time, hit my lines with good precision, was on the throttle early on exit. When it did start to slide, instead of wrestling the car and going for the brake, I used the throttle to punch through the slide and control the car before things got too far out of hand.

I also did my own set up, which might be making a difference. Also, if you look at my post #1323 above, I have tried to make sure that with every new update or hot fix, I reset things, re-calibrated, and started fresh with the new updates.

I think that the reason that this sim has a history of people saying that they're having different experiences is because they actually are having different experiences. But I'm not sure why it happens. It would likely be helpful for a lot of people if we could figure out what the difference is. I'm enjoying the FTA. But obviously, a lot of people are not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love to see your FTee setup if you're up for sharing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Justdave

Justdave Member

I did a complete re-install last week, and I deleted the documents folder again today, along with file verification thru STEAM...re-calibrated my wheel and pedals...and the F-Trainers are still way off.
    Maybe you are a tuning guru...I left everything default as far as car tuning goes.

edit: Anyway, it has already been stated by Marc, and Renato himself, that there is a problem and the team knows about it. It will get fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Maybe they need to re-install the game LOL

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Oubaas

Oubaas Active Member

LOL! Ya never know! :D

Deleting the My Documents folder and doing a Steam verification should do the trick, unless there's some sort of voodoo going on.

Come to think of it, the Indy cars do play voodoo music if you push on the pit limiter! :whistle:

Me? A tuning guru? Nah. But if you're running the default set up, I'll bet that you'll spin in turn one or three if you do some laps at Kyalami Historic. ;)

14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am always running default, with a tweak or two. I wait with heavy tweaking until AMS 2 is in a stable state, so I can pour lots of hours in tuning a car perfectly for each track. <3

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Nah. That’s just the AWWM at work. The Advanced WubWub™ Model.

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Glad to hear you're enjoying the F-Trainer Advanced so much. Hopefully, we will all find the car's handling even better and--dare I say it--more realistic after the next hotfix.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Set start type to rolling start in the race settings.

What the driving behavior concerns -
    This is driven on most current build and it doesn't behave oversteery at all anymore:

First troubleshoot is to reset your setup (maybe even remove the contents of your vehiclesetups folder manually under C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\[gameID]\automobilista 2\vehiclesetups)

Then press reset setup manually in the setup menu to make absolutely sure.

If that has no joy, please check if you are on the most recent build anyway and clear your steam download cache:

-> click on the top left on "steam", click on settings -> choose downloads -> look for "clear download cache" and restart steam client.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

@cristian51 maybe also worth a shot for you.

And in general this might explain, why some users get a different feel by reinstalling the game, because maybe you didn't get most recent hotfixes because steam wasn't updating it appropriately. So try clearing download cache guys.

Check that your main menu bottom righthand corner shows build version 1.4.1.3.2157

• Informative Informative x 6
  19. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Thank you, I will try all this tomorrow. It was really frustrating trying to drive the cars like that!

20. CrimsonEminence

It sounds like you are still on an older build. The bottom righthand main menu corner has to show build 1.4.1.3.2157 -> when that number doesn't show up there, definitely try the download cache clearing. That's on steam then and we can't do much about that except recommending to do the described steps. (Reinstalling the game would indeed have a similar effect as if steam calls for a new update after cache has been cleared, if users aren't on the correct hotfix)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1